Lamont Jones - PG - American Christian School - Aston, PA - IONA

• 560 replies

Moose

Multiple sources said that they wouldn't be shocked if MoMo Jones wound up at St. John's and tried to get a waiver to play immediately.

http://bit.ly/l7522i

Remember who broke the Slice news

Moose

Re: MoMo Jones to transfer
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2011, 09:43:14 PM »
I tried to open up his thread in the 2009 Recruits area.

Now Goodman is saying STJ is possibility and waiver for immediate eligibility.

haha this is getting ridiculous.....who isnt coming to play ball at sju? we need to get a wavier to add 5 more scholies from the ncaa

Poison

« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2011, 09:47:09 PM »
He's welcome to enroll at St.John's and tryout for the team.

« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2011, 09:49:37 PM »
Prefer Harrow even if it meant Harrow has to sit a year and Jones can play immediately.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 10:04:41 PM by fordham96 »

« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2011, 09:58:18 PM »
PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2011, 10:02:29 PM »
I'd prefer Jones over Harrow I think. I'm not sold on Harrow's heart and toughness. He's more talenetd maybe, but Jones has already proven to be a winning PG. Harrow seems more concerned with being fancy.

Tough call, but if Momo can play right away, I think he makes us much much more dangerous immediately.

MCNPA

« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2011, 10:04:31 PM »
I'll take both...  ;)

« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2011, 10:05:51 PM »
If it was feasible if I am Tom Pecora I would push hard for Jones.

« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2011, 10:09:08 PM »
He's not playing at Fordham. I mean lets get real.

MCNPA

« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2011, 10:13:17 PM »
Several sources on twitter reporting that MoMo Jones likely to SJU.  Any chance Lavin has already worked this out with Sean Miller?  Sounds like the rumor mill swirling for SJU.  As far as kids go, wr should take Lamont Jones especially if we can bring him on board this year.  No guarantee that Harrow picks us and MoMo is a heck of a talent.  We could figure out the rest later.

« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2011, 10:17:16 PM »
Several sources on twitter reporting that MoMo Jones likely to SJU.  Any chance Lavin has already worked this out with Sean Miller?  Sounds like the rumor mill swirling for SJU.  As far as kids go, wr should take Lamont Jones especially if we can bring him on board this year.  No guarantee that Harrow picks us and MoMo is a heck of a talent.  We could figure out the rest later.

The word is (per Goodman) MoMo has a sick family member back home. 
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 10:17:36 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2011, 10:28:43 PM »
Harrow better just commit to us now before he loses a chance to play here.

Damn this Lavin recruiting is just getting crazy. He needs to recruit for 2 teams so many kids want to play for him

« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2011, 10:40:00 PM »

Thanks.  Surely you jest...

BTW-Jones leaving 'Zona, Dalton Pepper leaving West Virginia and Anthony Crater failed his 3rd drug test at S Florida and he has been kicked off the team.

I would only take Jones of he got the waiver and even then I am not sure I want him over Harrow.  But at least you would get an experienced guard who can play immediately.

I think either way Stith is a goner.  Probably won't last pass the summer.

« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2011, 10:42:53 PM »

BTW-Jones leaving 'Zona, Dalton Pepper leaving West Virginia and Anthony Crater failed his 3rd drug test at S Florida and he has been kicked off the team.

I would only take Jones of he got the waiver and even then I am not sure I want him over Harrow.  But at least you would get an experienced guard who can play immediately.

What is it about Harrow that you like so much?

« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2011, 10:45:00 PM »
Whatever the outcome this press is positive for St. John's. Who doesn't want to come to St. John's? Puts positive pressure to commit before someone else just as talented does.

I'd be very surprised if MoMo came to St. John's. Stranger things have happened.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

MCNPA

« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2011, 10:53:18 PM »

What is it about Harrow that you like so much?

Harrow had numbers similar to MoMo as a freshman.  Harrow is a great scorer and passer.  I think he can be our next elite PG.  The year off will be great for him to build his frame and learn the system.  In all seriousness, if it came down to Harrow or MoMo, i'd prefer Harrow.  Any way you cut it, are any of these really bad options?  These are fantastic problems to have.

Moose

« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2011, 10:59:25 PM »
Whatever the outcome this press is positive for St. John's. Who doesn't want to come to St. John's? Puts positive pressure to commit before someone else just as talented does.

I'd be very surprised if MoMo came to St. John's. Stranger things have happened.

OK I'll bite.

Why would you be surprised?  He said "My desire to be closer to my family, and in particular my grandmother, is the reason I am transferring."  So coming back home that would put STJ, SHU, Fordham, other local schools.  We have his old HS coach.  And I recall some quotes earlier this year where he expressed regret leaving Rice.  An immediate contributor to a freshman laden team.

So again why do you think no.

« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2011, 11:00:37 PM »
I'd rather have Harrow but then again it would be fun hearing Minko say MoMo to Moe for 2 mo points

« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2011, 11:02:25 PM »
I don't know MCN. I'm not sure I would rather have Harrow. I hear what you are saying, kid is a talent. I like MoMo's intangibles better. I was really impressed with him during the NCAA tournament. I saw a kid perform well on a big stage. For us to possibly have that next year, for a young team to have a seasoned QB, I got to take that. Down the road, Harrow has a much higher potential. Interesting debate.

But I can def agree, we are in a great position these days.