Marcus Lovett hopeful to get cleared

• 473 replies
Marcus Lovett hopeful to get cleared
« on: September 28, 2015, 06:56:40 PM »
So serious questionfor anybody knows how this works. Since I'm assuming he's enrolled in classes  if Marcus were to be ruled ineligible would he just stay at sju and redshirt\be available for next year? Kind of like the guard from Tennessee who just got ruled ineligible. Is there any chance he could get booted to juco at this point? I know zach and Roy Schmidt have said they're heating he should be good to go but I'm not sure anyone knows for sure.

Re: Marcus Lovett hopeful to get cleared
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 08:51:33 PM »
So serious questionfor anybody knows how this works. Since I'm assuming he's enrolled in classes  if Marcus were to be ruled ineligible would he just stay at sju and redshirt\be available for next year? Kind of like the guard from Tennessee who just got ruled ineligible. Is there any chance he could get booted to juco at this point? I know zach and Roy Schmidt have said they're heating he should be good to go but I'm not sure anyone knows for sure.

Same situation as ADR last year I suppose.

wpc77

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 01:53:29 PM »
Good deal of hand-wringing on twitter over the past hour about his eligibility from Zags, Jeff Goodman and Roy Schmidt.  Bottom line is he's not cleared yet.

TONYD3

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2015, 02:10:24 PM »
I saw my old HS transcript recently. It was literally a page and half. Counting the credits and seeing if someone got a high enough grade on SAT and ACT could take someone seconds. He has been admitted to school .

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2015, 04:55:31 PM »
He's transferred a few times, doesn't that make it complicated?

paultzman

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2015, 05:02:51 PM »

3 high schools across several states I believe.

ras

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2015, 05:26:37 PM »

Where in the middle of Oct. IMO , the NCAA had plenty of time to sort this out.

paultzman

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2015, 05:31:05 PM »

Where in the middle of Oct. IMO , the NCAA had plenty of time to sort this out.

Obviously, but, like Yakwe & Diallo, they are choosing to review details carefully, though slowly.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 05:34:39 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2015, 09:57:30 AM »
NCAA requires a progression in various history, English and math classes. Different high schools have different curriculum. So its not just a matter of looking at transcripts. Does not matter what a course is named. You need to dig deeper and look at course content, at all three high schools. Did he take same math class in different schools with different names. Did he progress in course complexity and content. Or did he stay at remedial or beginner level. When a student attends many schools, process is longer, layered and more complicated, and it is more likely for something to trip up eligibility. One class that is ruled duplicative is enough.

TONYD3

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2015, 10:34:08 AM »
NCAA requires a progression in various history, English and math classes. Different high schools have different curriculum. So its not just a matter of looking at transcripts. Does not matter what a course is named. You need to dig deeper and look at course content, at all three high schools. Did he take same math class in different schools with different names. Did he progress in course complexity and content. Or did he stay at remedial or beginner level. When a student attends many schools, process is longer, layered and more complicated, and it is more likely for something to trip up eligibility. One class that is ruled duplicative is enough.
Thank you. That was explained well.

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2015, 12:38:32 PM »
Better to not yet be eligible than to be ineligible.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2015, 04:46:56 PM »
Thank you. That was explained well.

Thanks. I'm assuming that would mean something like a teacher sending the NCAA the curriculum  (or, something like the NCAA requesting materials) could be a reason for the hold up. We also know the NCAA is always slow, so who knows. Speculating won't help.

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2015, 06:27:52 PM »
Wow. Thank you for the explanation however, feeling less optimistic.

paultzman

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2015, 06:30:59 PM »

Not so fast.

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2015, 06:48:13 PM »

Not so fast.

And back to optimistic again!  :)

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2015, 06:59:41 PM »
I am hearing optimism he qualifies too.

*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Marillac

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2015, 02:28:40 PM »
He and Ellison are ready to compete at a high level right now.  He might even give Brunsn a run for his money for R.O.Y.  Please basketball Gods give us one break! Recruits will be lining up to play with him  when they see what he can do.

paultzman

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2015, 02:32:12 PM »
He and Ellison are ready to compete at a high level right now.  He might even give Brunsn a run for his money for R.O.Y.  Please basketball Gods give us one break! Recruits will be lining up to play with him  when they see what he can do.

Staff feels good about this I hear.