Mike Poole - SG - St. Benedict's Prep - Newark, NJ

• 42 replies

Randomhero423

Re: Mike Poole - SG - St. Benedict's Prep - Newark, NJ
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2008, 11:52:37 AM »
where is it

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2008, 12:37:59 PM »
he games this year will be played from Thursday through Sunday in three locations.

In Queens, the location will be at Intermediate HS #8 (108-35 167th St. Jamaica, NY 11433).

The locations in Brooklyn are the Brownsville Recreation Center (1555 Linden Blvd.) and George Gerschwin JHS (800 Van Siclen Ave.).
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Randomhero423

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2008, 12:54:57 PM »
thanks guys.  i may try to stop by to the BK games.  gotta see how my flag football team's schedule is/NYG

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2008, 12:03:14 AM »
Pretty soon St. John's is going to change its name from the Red Storm to the Panthers...

... we could only hope.. if we can't get our actual name back - REDMEN - the "Red Panthers" would be just fine with me.. ;D .. anything is better than the bogus name we have now.. :D .. peace!

« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 12:04:28 AM by oldred10 »

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2008, 12:16:05 AM »
Actually I got a schedule conflict I won't be able to head to queens this weekend but I'm going to plan to attend a few IS8 games in the upcoming weekends

kob24

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2008, 11:12:06 AM »
he doesn't play for the panthers anymore he left in the middle of the season. His coach describes his game the best by saying he is a jack of all trades but the master of none. He needs a handle big time and needs to mature if he gets those two things he could he top 50 in the country hands down

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2008, 11:16:41 AM »
he'll play at iS8 for real scout express
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2008, 02:24:37 PM »
http://www.caainsider.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4931&Itemid=1

Mike Poole (2010, 6-5 SG/SF)
Early in the game Poole caught our attention with a couple spectacular plays.  He made a beautiful spin move getting by his man, then shot a high arcing floater over a defender that hit nothing but the bottom of the net.  Poole followed this up by throwing down a monster dunk in traffic and directly over one unlucky defender.  On another play he hit an off balance, one-handed shot off the glass.  He was somewhat quiet later in the game.

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2009, 01:36:42 PM »
IONA?

Mike Poole ’10, St. Benedict’s (NJ): Providence ,Kansas State, Iona, Florida International, Rhode Island, Seton Hall, USC,Norfolk State, and Duquesne
                                Offers: Providence ,Kansas State, Iona, Florida International, Rhode Island, Seton Hall, USC, and Duquesne
                                Favorites  Providence, Iona, Duquesne, and Kansas State

« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2009, 05:56:40 PM »
He'd be good at Iona. He isn't a Big East player though.

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2009, 06:00:16 PM »
He'd be good at Iona. He isn't a Big East player though.

Ya I was suprised that he had Iona lumped with Providence and Kansas St as his favorites.

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2009, 06:08:59 PM »
Well PC is almost 3rd tier Big East when it comes to recruiting. They really get all the leftovers or recruits guys who other schools don't want. They always have a good amount of NYC based talent as well.

« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2010, 06:34:47 PM »
he holds offers from Virginia, Rhode Island, Florida, IONA and Providence.

Poison

« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2010, 07:08:26 PM »
Iona coach has done well there. Good for him.

« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2010, 07:36:17 PM »
He'd be ok for Providence. Kind of reminds me of Ced Jackson style player. I wasn't exactly impressed with him when I saw him play.

pmg911

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2010, 10:40:00 AM »

He would kill it at IONA..

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2010, 03:50:35 PM »

Shaheen Holloway does well recruiting Jersey and Scott Machado is from St Benedicts as well. Would be a great get

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2010, 11:53:57 AM »

Shaheen Holloway does well recruiting Jersey and Scott Machado is from St Benedicts as well. Would be a great get
http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/02/13/uconn-recruit-smith-had-doubts-about-calhoun-huskies-offer-mike-poole/
“Calhoun called the first day he got back,” said Blue, Poole’s adviser. “He let us know that he had a strong interest in Mike. [Assistant coach] Andre LaFleur also called and said he wanted me to know that they offered Mike. They had a recruiting meeting and a couple scholarships might open up.”

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2010, 06:45:37 PM »
I was kinda hoping he'd prep or just fall through the cracks, and perhaps come to St. John's.  I know Dave doesn't love his game (I watched him live last summer as well), but I see how he can be a glue guy and perhaps develop into a playmaking guard - decent dribble, good length, even if his first step and shot are not elite in any way.