Mullin Accepts

• 248 replies
Re: Mullin Accepts
« Reply #180 on: May 11, 2015, 12:27:00 PM »
@KMart_LI: St. John's coach Chris Mullin will throw out the ceremonial first pitch at Yankee Stadium on 5/27 (cc: @DWAZ73!)

Ugh the Bronx?

pmg911

« Reply #181 on: May 11, 2015, 12:29:09 PM »
@KMart_LI: St. John's coach Chris Mullin will throw out the ceremonial first pitch at Yankee Stadium on 5/27 (cc: @DWAZ73!)

Ugh the Bronx?

I am bummed

« Reply #182 on: May 11, 2015, 12:41:19 PM »
He should be fired immediately.

Kidding...sort of
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #183 on: May 11, 2015, 01:03:58 PM »

Ugh the Bronx?

I am bummed

Gotta get him to throw the 1st pitch at a Cyclone game

« Reply #184 on: May 11, 2015, 01:38:47 PM »

Ugh the Bronx?

I am bummed

He wanted to watch Big Mike Pineda. Can't blame him.

« Reply #185 on: May 11, 2015, 01:43:06 PM »

Ugh the Bronx?

I am bummed

He wanted to watch Big Mike Pineda. Can't blame him.
Did you read that 16+ Ks and 0 BB has only been done 22 times in MLB history, and only 3 other times since 2000.  Quite the performance

redslope

« Reply #186 on: May 11, 2015, 06:22:49 PM »

Ugh the Bronx?

I am bummed

Was hoping the Mets would get him first but maybe they will give him a better stage than a midweek, afternoon game.  Double bummed--a Wed at 1PM

pmg911

« Reply #187 on: May 12, 2015, 06:47:03 AM »
While I wantedto see him throw out the first pitch in Queens, maybe Coach Mullin is just a Yankees fan and would rather throw out the first pitch for his favorite team.

LoganK

« Reply #188 on: May 12, 2015, 07:28:00 AM »
While I wantedto see him throw out the first pitch in Queens, maybe Coach Mullin is just a Yankees fan and would rather throw out the first pitch for his favorite team.
According to Coach Abdelmassih (who is a diehard Mets fan), Coach Mullin roots for the Mets, but doesn't really follow baseball too strongly.  Abdelmassih was pushing to get Mullin to do a Mets game first, but, apparently was unsuccessful.

Marillac

« Reply #189 on: May 12, 2015, 08:41:07 AM »

Mullin is a Mets fan.  He and the 84-85 team visited the Mets clubhouse several times because Jay Horowitz was a huge St. John's fan.  Ron and Keith were talking about it the spring training game the day Mullin was hired.   Mullin isn't the biggest baseball fan according to Matt A, like LoganK pointed out.  This just comes down to logistics. 

In any event, it could be a good way to get some more people interested in St. John's by reaching out to both teams. 

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #190 on: May 12, 2015, 10:07:58 AM »
Yankee Stadium has Syracuse advertisements around the field....This shows that if want to be in the stands go to Cuse. If you to be on the field and own this city, you gotta be a Johnnie.
Cougar O' Malley

sju89tr

« Reply #191 on: May 12, 2015, 10:34:25 AM »
Horowitz is attached to tweets on twitter from time to time regarding St Johns.

« Reply #192 on: May 12, 2015, 10:43:54 AM »
Yankee Stadium has Syracuse advertisements around the field....This shows that if want to be in the stands go to Cuse. If you to be on the field and own this city, you gotta be a Johnnie.

It's a nice F U to the ACC.

« Reply #193 on: May 12, 2015, 10:45:58 AM »
I hope someone at SJU tells Chris to really mess up the throw. A strike gets no air time. A major fail gets played over and over for added exposure :)

PIB

« Reply #194 on: May 12, 2015, 04:49:37 PM »
LMAO... Kiss the rings, fellas. Kiss the rings!

Yanks = Varsity

Mets = JV

redslope

« Reply #195 on: May 12, 2015, 05:58:16 PM »
I hope someone at SJU tells Chris to really mess up the throw. A strike gets no air time. A major fail gets played over and over for added exposure :)

Or maybe he will do one like the ESPN video of him making a basket off the wall off the ground and in--Can  he do it off first base. off the dugout railing for a strike,

« Reply #196 on: May 12, 2015, 07:23:43 PM »

Or maybe he will do one like the ESPN video of him making a basket off the wall off the ground and in--Can  he do it off first base. off the dugout railing for a strike,

Instead of throwing the ball, he should take a jump shot from the mound.

Marillac

« Reply #197 on: May 13, 2015, 12:18:07 PM »
The most dramatic change thus far with the new staff is the approach to the roster. They want to use every roster spot for a player that will contribute.  There doesn't seem to be a lot of projects or package deal guys.  They are really showing a lot of foresight and planning.  You'd have to think the NBA experience guides their approach--things like bad contracts, expiring contracts, etc. are always in the minds of NBA execs when decisions are made.

I love how we are all over the transfers.  That is something that just has not been a part of the SJU recruiting plan since I've been a fan.  I don't think Norm got a single transfer from another D-1 school.   Lavin was really just a few transfers away from making three or four trips to the dance.   

The grad transfer rule will be a big weapon with this staff in place.  Let's hope it isn't changed for a long time. 

« Reply #198 on: May 13, 2015, 03:11:09 PM »
The most dramatic change thus far with the new staff is the approach to the roster. They want to use every roster spot for a player that will contribute.  There doesn't seem to be a lot of projects or package deal guys.  They are really showing a lot of foresight and planning.  You'd have to think the NBA experience guides their approach--things like bad contracts, expiring contracts, etc. are always in the minds of NBA execs when decisions are made.

I love how we are all over the transfers.  That is something that just has not been a part of the SJU recruiting plan since I've been a fan.  I don't think Norm got a single transfer from another D-1 school.   Lavin was really just a few transfers away from making three or four trips to the dance.   

The grad transfer rule will be a big weapon with this staff in place.  Let's hope it isn't changed for a long time. 

Pretty sure the grad rule changes next season. Good think we got a piece of that pie before it was all gone.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

pmg911

« Reply #199 on: May 13, 2015, 03:26:42 PM »

Pretty sure the grad rule changes next season. Good think we got a piece of that pie before it was all gone.

how is it changing..?