Mullin Accepts

• 248 replies

Marillac

Re: Mullin Accepts
« Reply #200 on: May 13, 2015, 03:28:25 PM »
The most dramatic change thus far with the new staff is the approach to the roster. They want to use every roster spot for a player that will contribute.  There doesn't seem to be a lot of projects or package deal guys.  They are really showing a lot of foresight and planning.  You'd have to think the NBA experience guides their approach--things like bad contracts, expiring contracts, etc. are always in the minds of NBA execs when decisions are made.

I love how we are all over the transfers.  That is something that just has not been a part of the SJU recruiting plan since I've been a fan.  I don't think Norm got a single transfer from another D-1 school.   Lavin was really just a few transfers away from making three or four trips to the dance.   

The grad transfer rule will be a big weapon with this staff in place.  Let's hope it isn't changed for a long time. 

Pretty sure the grad rule changes next season. Good think we got a piece of that pie before it was all gone.

I think they will change the rule to force the graduate transfer to sit out a season before playing, but I think it will survive.  I hope they keep it in its current form, because a lot of basketball coaches like Mike Brey don't even consider grad transfers.  It's a smaller pool of competitors and we've got Matt A and Slice.

« Reply #201 on: May 13, 2015, 03:32:21 PM »
The most dramatic change thus far with the new staff is the approach to the roster. They want to use every roster spot for a player that will contribute.  There doesn't seem to be a lot of projects or package deal guys.  They are really showing a lot of foresight and planning.  You'd have to think the NBA experience guides their approach--things like bad contracts, expiring contracts, etc. are always in the minds of NBA execs when decisions are made.

I love how we are all over the transfers.  That is something that just has not been a part of the SJU recruiting plan since I've been a fan.  I don't think Norm got a single transfer from another D-1 school.   Lavin was really just a few transfers away from making three or four trips to the dance.   

The grad transfer rule will be a big weapon with this staff in place.  Let's hope it isn't changed for a long time. 

Pretty sure the grad rule changes next season. Good think we got a piece of that pie before it was all gone.

how is it changing..?

Have to sit a year is what I thought I saw. Maybe it was just proposed but think it comes into play next year.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Marillac

« Reply #202 on: May 13, 2015, 03:52:20 PM »

how is it changing..?

Have to sit a year is what I thought I saw. Maybe it was just proposed but think it comes into play next year.

At this point it is just proposed.  I think they will vote to make that change, though.  It'd be great for us if they didn't. 

« Reply #203 on: May 13, 2015, 11:33:20 PM »

« Reply #204 on: May 14, 2015, 02:15:04 PM »
@KMart_LI: St. John's coach Chris Mullin will throw out the ceremonial first pitch at Yankee Stadium on 5/27 (cc: @DWAZ73!)
Dont worry guys, Mullin is throwing out the first pitch at Citi Field May 26th

« Reply #205 on: May 14, 2015, 02:21:29 PM »
@KMart_LI: St. John's coach Chris Mullin will throw out the ceremonial first pitch at Yankee Stadium on 5/27 (cc: @DWAZ73!)
Seriously? Have tickets to that game with some other friends who are also SJU season ticket holders. Guess we lucked out.

Marillac

« Reply #206 on: May 14, 2015, 02:47:11 PM »
It'd be great to see a thread titled "Jumbo_Peanuts Accepts" Chris Mullin after two weeks of posts to the contrary.

pmg911

« Reply #207 on: May 18, 2015, 02:46:07 PM »

If this is true - AWFUL..!!!

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/05/18/mets-chris-mullin-first-pitch-carton/

« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 03:00:24 PM by pmg911 »

« Reply #208 on: May 18, 2015, 02:54:29 PM »
Ageed. Heard the interview and was shocked the Mets would do something like that (if true).

« Reply #209 on: May 18, 2015, 03:16:09 PM »
Wilponzis strike again.  Pathetic. 

My Citi boycott continues.  It sucks because I have a two year old son and will want to take him to games soon.  Wish the Newark Bears still existed (I live in Jersey City).

redslope

« Reply #210 on: May 18, 2015, 04:05:05 PM »
Wow the Wilpons really know how to create goodwill.  This would almost make Dolan look like a "mensa" qualifier compared to Fred and Co.

Wilpon--SELL THE METS to a real baseball owner NOW before you ruin the team anymore.  I will not be heading to CITI anytime soon and I have been a Met fan since 'day 1" in 1962.

« Reply #211 on: May 18, 2015, 04:05:49 PM »
Mets should simply be thankful that a winner is stepping on their ball field. Wilpon better never touch the field - ever....

Moose

« Reply #212 on: May 18, 2015, 05:43:09 PM »
Ageed. Heard the interview and was shocked the Mets would do something like that (if true).

Why are you shocked at anything Mickey Mouse does?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #213 on: May 18, 2015, 06:06:15 PM »

My Citi boycott continues.  It sucks because I have a two year old son and will want to take him to games soon.  Wish the Newark Bears still existed (I live in Jersey City).
why the boycott ?

TONYD3

« Reply #214 on: May 18, 2015, 06:41:23 PM »
I bartend also. I was working a fancy wedding. Cocktail hour was busy. I was working with my head down. But I was hearing the guests talking about the 86 mets. They were thanking this one guy. Fred Wilpon.  He ordered multiple tangery and tonics- no tip. Nothing surprising me with him or the mets. Guy has billions and didn't tip a buck.

« Reply #215 on: May 18, 2015, 06:42:36 PM »
I bartend also. I was working a fancy wedding. Cocktail hour was busy. I was working with my head down. But I was hearing the guests talking about the 86 mets. They were thanking this one guy. Fred Wilpon.  He ordered multiple tangery and tonics- no tip. Nothing surprising me with him or the mets. Guy has billions and didn't tip a buck.

Maybe he didn't like the drinks

TONYD3

« Reply #216 on: May 18, 2015, 06:51:18 PM »
I make good drinks. And he had more then 1
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 06:52:13 PM by TONYD3 »

Poison

« Reply #217 on: May 18, 2015, 11:39:50 PM »

If this was a "fancy" wedding, why is there a tip jar?

Poison

« Reply #218 on: May 18, 2015, 11:42:33 PM »

Wilpon was the victim of a Ponzi scheme. Not the mastermind behind it. Do you know the difference?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 11:45:32 PM by Poison »

« Reply #219 on: May 19, 2015, 12:18:43 AM »

Wilpon was the victim of a Ponzi scheme. Not the mastermind behind it. Do you know the difference?
it was his second ponzi scheme and he used madoffs money to buyout out Doubleday. Fred Jeff and Saul are clowns. Do not deserve to own this team. SNY is mortgage to the hilt and team continues to take loan after loan. He only owns the team cause of his buddy Selig who told Manfred to continue the charade.