Game 4: Vermont- Saturday 11/16 4P (Queens)

• 365 replies

goredmen

Re: Game 4: Vermont- Saturday 11/16 4P (Queens)
« Reply #360 on: November 24, 2019, 04:39:56 PM »
You are twisting and turning a lot of things here.

I offered up players I wish they pursued or made more of a priority. I wanted them to reach higher but they grabbed low hanging fruit. When it's late in the game sometimes that's the play. If they reached higher they may have come up empty. There are tons of hypothetical scenarios.

From Mullin, Lavin, Norm they all have had some missteps or directions I personally didn't agree with. I'm not sure why Mullin's staff is such a point of contention for you and others.

We had a lot of talent with the last staff and we could have had more. Everyone including yourself needs to let it go. Time will tell with Anderson and I'm hopeful but it's more than fair to share some skepticism.

I've moved past the Mullin/Matt/StJean staff. I actually think Matt was pretty good for what his role was but he certainly shouldn't have been the only recruiter on staff. He definitely had some shortcomings when it came to talent evaluating especially when it came to transfers from lower levels. But he was very good at closing in on his targets in a short amount of time.

All I'm saying is that you are not affording this staff the same leniency you provided the last one. Zach Brown was a weird case yes, but there were certainly a ton of red flags that Matt chose to ignore. That's why UConn cut ties with him and why none of the dozen or so D1 schools in his home state went after him. Instead of following suit and staying away, Matt chose Brown over French which was an all-time bad decision that doesn't get the proper amount of ridicule. If this new staff makes a similar mistake I think your response would be more negative than "I've seen a ton of crazy things but nothing as crazy as that."

« Reply #361 on: November 25, 2019, 01:46:58 PM »
Lost to rider FWIW
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Marillac

« Reply #362 on: December 03, 2019, 09:26:05 PM »
Vermont has now lost to four of its last five D-1 opponents including three straight. One of the losses was to Rider.

« Reply #363 on: December 03, 2019, 10:01:49 PM »
Vermont has now lost to four of its last five D-1 opponents including three straight. One of the losses was to Rider.

Rider sneaky good too but yea their skid is not good.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

pmg911

« Reply #364 on: January 02, 2020, 11:33:00 AM »
That Vermont team everyone said was NOT a bad loss for St. John's has since gone 4-5  vs Div 1 opponents..

That loss could easily come back and haunt them at the end of the season.

« Reply #365 on: January 02, 2020, 01:08:10 PM »
That Vermont team everyone said was NOT a bad loss for St. John's has since gone 4-5  vs Div 1 opponents..

That loss could easily come back and haunt them at the end of the season.
it's a Quad 3 loss.  probably puts it into the bad loss category.  however, Vermont's NET is at 89 right now, which is relatively close to Quad 2. 

Providence at home is probably the only remaining potential "bad loss" on the schedule (of course providence could also improve as well).