DJ kennedy

• 98 replies

Poison

Re: DJ kennedy
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2013, 01:41:12 PM »
“@rumbleSBN: D.J. Kennedy has been traded to Rio Grande Valley [D-League affiliate of the Rockets] in a five-player deal. #STJBB #DLeague”
Hopefully they will call him up soon. He's killing it in the D-League.

When do the Lakers play Houston? Perhaps James Harden can get Ron Artested again. If Ron Artest played in that game last night, that little prissy Notre Dame chick would be dead now.

paultzman

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2013, 03:33:44 PM »
“@JournalisTim: “@rumbleSBN: DJ Kennedy got a triple-double in his teams series winning game last night. 28 pts, 13rbs, 10asts. #STJbb #dleague””

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2013, 08:59:58 PM »

« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2013, 12:24:50 AM »
D.J. Kennedy vs. TUL (28 points, 13 rebounds, 10 assists)

I miss him.

If he played like this at St. John's, we would have needed Malik Boothe.

« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2013, 12:34:23 AM »
DJK needs a chance in the league.

MCNPA

« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2013, 09:44:56 AM »
DJK needs a chance in the league.

I'm really surprised there aren't a few NBA teams that have need for this kid somewhere on their roster.  The kid is a good player and I hope he gets picked up.  When he played for the Cavs, he had some big games.  DJ is definitely an NBA player and has proven he can impact at that level.

desco80

« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2013, 10:03:35 AM »
When he played for the Cavs, he had some big games.  DJ is definitely an NBA player and has proven he can impact at that level.

I wish DJ the best of luck and want to see him succeed too, but can we not make up facts please?   

He only played two games, and in one of them he played 28mins and had 0pts/1reb.   

mkras99

« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2013, 10:18:14 AM »
You've been scalped!

MCNPA

« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2013, 10:20:06 AM »
When he played for the Cavs, he had some big games.  DJ is definitely an NBA player and has proven he can impact at that level.

I wish DJ the best of luck and want to see him succeed too, but can we not make up facts please?   

He only played two games, and in one of them he played 28mins and had 0pts/1reb.   

The fact is that DJ in his debut for the Cleveland Cavaliers lead the team in scoring with 12 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists and 2 steals.  That's the fact Jack... He averaged 6 points 3.5rebs for the Cavs.  He's capable of it and he has shown so in an NBA game.  Now he needs an opportunity.  Try the scalping again...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 10:31:59 AM by MCNPA »

desco80

« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2013, 10:31:21 AM »

The fact is that DJ in his debut for the Cleveland Cavaliers lead the team in scoring with 12 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists and 2 steals.  That's the fact Jack...  He's capable of it and he has shown so in an NBA game.  Now he needs an opportunity.

MCN, you said he had big games.  Plural.  And that he had proven he's definitely an NBA player. 
If you're not making up facts, then point me to the other big game...   a link, a date, a boxscore, anything...

I'm not taking anything away from DJ, but lets live in reality.    We can't start claiming our alumni are proven nba players, until you know.. they've scored in more than 1 game. 
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 10:33:56 AM by desco80 »

MCNPA

« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2013, 10:34:22 AM »

The fact is that DJ in his debut for the Cleveland Cavaliers lead the team in scoring with 12 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists and 2 steals.  That's the fact Jack...  He's capable of it and he has shown so in an NBA game.  Now he needs an opportunity.

MCN, you said he had big games.  Plural.  And that he had proven he's definitely an NBA player. 
If you're not making up facts, then point me to the other big game...   a link, a date, a boxscore, anything...

You are the one making up facts.  Your stats aren't from the Cleveland Cavs games.  He averaged 6 ppg 3.5 Rebs per game for the Cavs.  Try again buddy.  Any player who in his debut leads an NBA team in scoring can play, period.  Make up some more facts.  You've been scalped... ;-)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 10:35:22 AM by MCNPA »

paultzman

« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2013, 10:41:45 AM »

« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2013, 01:31:53 PM »

You are the one making up facts.  Your stats aren't from the Cleveland Cavs games.  He averaged 6 ppg 3.5 Rebs per game for the Cavs.  Try again buddy.  Any player who in his debut leads an NBA team in scoring can play, period.  Make up some more facts.  You've been scalped... ;-)

What stats did desco make up?

FWIW I think he can help a lot of NBA teams.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 01:37:50 PM by Amaseinyourface2 »
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

desco80

« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2013, 01:40:12 PM »

What did I makeup?  What stats aren't from Cleveland Cavs games?   Look at Paultzman's link.   Or any of these..
Kennedy has played in 2 nba games.  April 25th and 26th of 2012.  In game one he played 28 minutes with 0pts 1reb.  In game two he had 12pts 6reb in 30mins.   
http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/6574/dj-kennedy
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/k/kennedj01.html

He has only scored in 1 game in his entire career.    Give it a rest.   You made a generalization that wasn't based on fact.  You said he had some "big games" and proven he was an NBA player.   I'm sorry, but one 12pt game does not meet that criteria.   It would be different if he had scored 6 or 7 and grabbed a few rebounds in a half dozen other games.   But he didn't.
DJ has scored 12 points in the NBA.  Ever.   That is not a few big games, and it's not proof he's shown he's a capable NBA player.   I don't know why you're debating this, it's pretty cut and dry. 

Made up facts?  Scalped?
How lazy do you have to be to tell me I'm making things up without first checking for yourself?   If you had checked any statistics service in the world, you would have seen I was right.    It was just a mouse click away.   But I guess it's more fun to make baseless accusations...

desco80

« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2013, 01:44:20 PM »
And yea, for the record, I legitimately feel bad that I'm in the "anti-DJ" position of this debate.   He's my favorite player to put on a SJU uniform since Jayson Williams, and I agree with Mase, he could definitely help some nba clubs.

But what I said is true.

MCNPA

« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2013, 01:57:39 PM »
You're correct Desco.  I thought you said he played in 1 game.  I re-read it.  You did leave out his other game stats though, which were very good.  The point is the same.  If he can score 12/6 in his debut, he can be valuable on somebody's bench.  I'm not calling him a starter.  Still surprised he's not in the league.

crgreen

« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2013, 04:54:47 PM »
Hope he gets a chance.  In addition to players getting to the league, Steve Lavin is also famous for guys who really produce in the D-league - 10-15 pts, 5-8 rebs, 4-7 assts.   Some have moved onto the League like Matt Barnes (9.7 pts, 3.3 rebs in 2003), Dijon Thompson (20.5 pts, 8.9 rebs, 4.3 assists in 2007), Ced Bozeman (15.3 pts, 10.7 assists, 6.4 rebs in 2007), while others don't like TJ Cummings (15.9pts 8.8 rebs in 2010), Mike Fey (13 pts, 6.5 rebs in 2010), Andre Patterson (10.5 pts, 7.5 rebs in 2006), DJ (tho right on the cusp with 18.8/8.3 this year) and JB (8pts 5 rebs 2012).

Why a Jack Haley "plays" a decade in the league, and a TJ Cummings never even gets a cup of coffee, I really have never been able to figure out.

« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2013, 05:03:00 PM »
All I can tell so far is that if someone says, you've been scalped, he's said something non sensical and wants to pretend it sounds impactful.  No other recurring theme seems to apply. 

mkras99

« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2013, 05:15:03 PM »
All I can tell so far is that if someone says, you've been scalped, he's said something non sensical and wants to pretend it sounds impactful.  No other recurring theme seems to apply. 

You've scalped yourself.

« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2013, 05:19:42 PM »

You've scalped yourself.

LOL