Rawle Alkins - SG - Word of God - ARIZONA

• 1011 replies
Re: Rawle Alkins
« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2014, 02:04:34 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/Iam_RawleAlkins/status/517797158033305600

gotta be a reason why we don't appear to be chasing this kid...looked liked the best player on CTK

pure speculation, but from his recent twitter outburst, it appeas that Arbitello is not Lavin's biggest fan. Could be a factor.

Moose

« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2014, 06:53:52 PM »
The kid is also older than his class.  So when you watch him take that into account when he's bulldozing kids.  Pretty sure this year is the last he can play in CHSAA
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2014, 08:08:02 PM »

gotta be a reason why we don't appear to be chasing this kid...looked liked the best player on CTK

pure speculation, but from his recent twitter outburst, it appeas that Arbitello is not Lavin's biggest fan. Could be a factor.

I saw this, as a CK and SJU alum it makes me sad. I wonder what happened, last year when they were recruiting Adonis Arbs was saying how college basketball is always better when SJU is good.

pmg911

« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2014, 07:05:36 AM »

I saw this, as a CK and SJU alum it makes me sad. I wonder what happened, last year when they were recruiting Adonis Arbs was saying how college basketball is always better when SJU is good.

What did it say, I am on Twitter but rarely use it...

« Reply #84 on: October 27, 2014, 05:49:26 PM »

Joseph Staszewski ‏@CNG_Staszewski Oct 22
Steve Lavin only @BIGEAST coach not in a suit and tie today. Players also in a Johhnies' sweat suits. #BEmediaday

Joe Arbitello ‏@ctkcoachjarbs
@CNG_Staszewski @BIGEAST no surprise him and his staff have no respect for NYC. #theylie

DFF6

« Reply #85 on: October 27, 2014, 06:12:23 PM »

Joseph Staszewski ‏@CNG_Staszewski Oct 22
Steve Lavin only @BIGEAST coach not in a suit and tie today. Players also in a Johhnies' sweat suits. #BEmediaday

Joe Arbitello ‏@ctkcoachjarbs
@CNG_Staszewski @BIGEAST no surprise him and his staff have no respect for NYC. #theylie

Wow!  They sound like a couple of catty school girls.  I wonder what Lavin did to piss them off?

pmg911

NYCoffey

« Reply #87 on: December 17, 2014, 02:34:19 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamZagoria/status/545230551964450816

Just saw this from zags twitter. Are we out of the running already because the coach? Anyone know anything about this kids recruitment and if St. John's is still involved?

« Reply #88 on: December 17, 2014, 03:12:34 PM »
Related to Alkins and future recruits from the school, does anyone know if this is true:

@APerezBX @AdamZagoria who was local coach that angled to get a relative on St John's bench but was turned down by Lavin?

« Reply #89 on: December 17, 2014, 03:45:45 PM »
Related to Alkins and future recruits from the school, does anyone know if this is true: @APerezBX @AdamZagoria who was local coach that angled to get a relative on St John's bench but was turned down by Lavin?

Is that guy insinuating Arbitello is sabotaging Delarosa because he chose St. John's? That would be #$%^ed.

Marillac

« Reply #90 on: December 17, 2014, 03:51:03 PM »
Related to Alkins and future recruits from the school, does anyone know if this is true: @APerezBX @AdamZagoria who was local coach that angled to get a relative on St John's bench but was turned down by Lavin?
Is that guy insinuating Arbitello is sabotaging Delarosa because he chose St. John's? That would be #$%^ed.

No, he is talking about Tiny.  Perhaps he is insinuating that Tiny ratted on ADR, but he's definitely referring to Tiny get rebuffed by Lavin in the Whitehead sweepstakes.   

« Reply #91 on: December 17, 2014, 03:58:08 PM »
The biggest mistake most coaches make is chasing recruits they have no chance of getting. Lav makes it pretty clear when he has interest or doesn't. 
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

paultzman

« Reply #92 on: December 17, 2014, 04:01:40 PM »
No, he is talking about Tiny. Perhaps he is insinuating that Tiny ratted on ADR, but he's definitely referring to Tiny get rebuffed by Lavin in the Whitehead sweepstakes.

That is not what he is implying. It has nothing to do with Morton.

« Reply #93 on: December 17, 2014, 04:37:22 PM »
Marillac he is referring to the CTK coach, who blasted Lavin on Twitter and who (some) have speculated is the guy that caused problems for ADR.  I have no idea if that particular rumor is true, or genesis of the problems between the two is Lav's refusal to hire a family member of the CTK coach.  Was curious if others can provide insight on the veracity of that.

Marillac

« Reply #94 on: December 17, 2014, 04:45:42 PM »
No, he is talking about Tiny. Perhaps he is insinuating that Tiny ratted on ADR, but he's definitely referring to Tiny get rebuffed by Lavin in the Whitehead sweepstakes.
That is not what he is implying. It has nothing to do with Morton.

Please explain to me how a guy asking "who was local coach that angled to get a relative on St. John's bench but was turned down by Lavin?" has nothing to do with Morton.  

« Reply #95 on: December 17, 2014, 04:46:30 PM »
Arbitello tried to get a relative of his to walk-on at SJU. Lavin turned him down,

Arbitello ran his mouth on twitter, ratted on ADR, and now CTK is dead to SJUBB.

boo3

« Reply #96 on: December 17, 2014, 04:52:02 PM »
Wow.  Crazy story.  Good for Lavin for turning this jerkoff down. 

paultzman

« Reply #97 on: December 17, 2014, 04:56:58 PM »
Arbitello tried to get a relative of his to walk-on at SJU. Lavin turned him down, Arbitello ran his mouth on twitter, ratted on ADR, and now CTK is dead to SJUBB.
That is correct on Arbitello's desire. I don't know that CTK is dead to SJU however. Everything cools down in time. But Marillac will create another option. Please.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 05:02:11 PM by paultzman »

Marillac

« Reply #98 on: December 17, 2014, 05:03:22 PM »
Arbitello tried to get a relative of his to walk-on at SJU. Lavin turned him down, Arbitello ran his mouth on twitter, ratted on ADR, and now CTK is dead to SJUBB.
That is correct. But Marillac will create another option. Please.

I am aware of the Arbitello rumors.  This guys asks who is the third party responsible for ratting on ADR and says "I guess we'll never know." He then asks in a separate tweet who the local coach that angled to get someone on SJU bench.   Perhaps you know the guy who sent the tweet and have better context, but to me it appears like he is asking a genuine question.

paultzman

« Reply #99 on: December 17, 2014, 05:08:13 PM »
That is correct. But Marillac will create another option. Please.
I am aware of the Arbitello rumors. This guys asks who is the third party responsible for ratting on ADR and says "I guess we'll never know." He then asks in a separate tweet who the local coach that angled to get someone on SJU bench. Perhaps you know the guy who sent the tweet and have better context, but to me it appears like he is asking a genuine question.
I have better context than you from people I respect. Move on please. This is ancient history anyhow.