Valdir Manuel - C - Harcum CC

• 41 replies
Re: Valdir Manuel - C - Harcum CC - ST. JOHN'S (Verbal)
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2018, 05:38:31 PM »
Well as far as him being big, raw, athletic and having upside, sounds a lot like Roberts. Would think Manuel is closer to a finished product with a higher ceiling.

Numbers are adding up to the point where something is going to have to give. Only a few options make sense at this point...

Maybe it’s Clark Ponds Heron and Earlington. I can’t say I don’t like this signing because I really don’t know anything about him and I’m giving Matt the benifit of the doubt. Just want to go all out on precious who could be the best recruit we’ve had since maybe artest.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

goredmen

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2018, 05:45:09 PM »
Maybe it’s Clark Ponds Heron and Earlington. I can’t say I don’t like this signing because I really don’t know anything about him and I’m giving Matt the benifit of the doubt. Just want to go all out on precious who could be the best recruit we’ve had since maybe artest.

I believe right now if Ponds and Heron leave as expected then we’re at 13 schollies. But we all know Matt isn’t done yet whether it will be a Precious, a decommit or a transfer or 2. So we’ll see

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2018, 08:25:57 PM »
Played at St. Pat's. He's a skillful 4 man who can score and also rebound. Should help and has 3 yrs
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2019, 02:39:13 PM »
Manuel is very skilled.  I don't see a good rebounder.  I don't see a good athlete at all.  He looks like he has some serious knee issues or he's just as stiff as can be.

Roberts is very raw but the kid has NBA physical gifts. 

The addition of Manuel doesn't make any sense to me unless the staff knows one of our centers is out the door or won't contribute. 

Marillac

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2019, 02:39:50 PM »
Played at St. Pat's. He's a skillful 4 man who can score and also rebound. Should help and has 3 yrs

4 man LOLOLOL 

Good one Dave.  This kid will play center and only center.  If he is paying PF, we've lost.

« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2019, 03:46:45 PM »
Manuel is very skilled.  I don't see a good rebounder.  I don't see a good athlete at all.  He looks like he has some serious knee issues or he's just as stiff as can be.

The addition of Manuel doesn't make any sense to me unless the staff knows one of our centers is out the door or won't contribute. 

So at worst we have a very skilled center?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Foad

« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2019, 03:50:31 PM »

There's two players on the roster > 6'7". Next year there'll be three. Seton Hall has four seven footers. Size is good.

goredmen

« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2019, 04:05:06 PM »
There's two players on the roster > 6'7". Next year there'll be three. Seton Hall has four seven footers. Size is good.

4 actually with Ian Steere also in the mix

Foad

« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2019, 04:15:30 PM »
4 actually with Ian Steere also in the mix

I counted Steere, Keita, and Roberts and didn't count the guy Marillac doesn't understand why they'd want him. But yes, now there'd be four. Does not seem excessive to me.

goredmen

« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2019, 04:25:24 PM »
I counted Steere, Keita, and Roberts and didn't count the guy Marillac doesn't understand why they'd want him. But yes, now there'd be four. Does not seem excessive to me.

Agree, we've been complaining about not having enough size, now complaining that there is going to be too much. Seems to me that more bigs = more lineup flexibility which should be a good thing

« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2019, 04:28:09 PM »
Especially with Keita's injury history so far and Steere might not be eligible until second semester.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Marillac

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2019, 04:57:57 PM »
So at worst we have a very skilled center?

At worst we have a kid that doesn't make it to Jamaica or leaves early.  His track record is horrendous. 

I think he can score with his back to the basket.  That much is clear.  He doesn't look like he can defend a lick or rebound at an average level.  And he's slow as can be.

Marillac

« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2019, 05:02:14 PM »

Steere is 6'9 260.  Roberts is 6'9 210 (and will hopefully be 225 next year).  Keita is 6'9 240.  This kid makes four kids over 6'9.  None of them are highly rated recruits.  None of them can play any position but center in college.

It's puzzling given Mullin's affinity to play small positionless basketball and our recent success...that is unless the staff is cold Roberts or Keita or expects one of those two to bolt.

sju89tr

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2019, 01:08:11 PM »
Steere is 6'9 260.  Roberts is 6'9 210 (and will hopefully be 225 next year).  Keita is 6'9 240.  This kid makes four kids over 6'9.  None of them are highly rated recruits.  None of them can play any position but center in college.

It's puzzling given Mullin's affinity to play small positionless basketball and our recent success...that is unless the staff is cold Roberts or Keita or expects one of those two to bolt.

Without the talent level of Ponds and Heron, perhaps staff is looking at a more traditional lineup of Dixon, Wright, Simon, Figueroa, and Keita ....... who knows. I do see at least 4 ships open with 2 already filled.     
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 01:08:35 PM by sju89tr »

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2019, 01:23:18 PM »
I think there is a good chance Heron stays another year. I don't have any inside info or anything of that sort,  I just think another year here, where he is the focal point of the offense, would greatly benefit his prospective NBA career.

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2019, 01:31:14 PM »
I think there is a good chance Heron stays another year. I don't have any inside info or anything of that sort,  I just think another year here, where he is the focal point of the offense, would greatly benefit his prospective NBA career.

I think next to zero percent chance he stays...not many seniors get drafted and I think he will have shown enough by end of year to get a 2 way contract or go over seas.

I could see Simon getting drafted as a senior if he spends all year improving his jumper.

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2019, 09:58:08 PM »

Have you evaluated his knee injury and capacity for recovery from afar? Lol

Tiger

« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2019, 04:52:21 AM »
Is this guy gone?  Would he recommit?

wpc77

Re: Valdir Manuel - C - Harcum CC
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2019, 02:54:14 PM »
Iron Mike says we are still looking for a big, and Vladier still hasn't signed anywhere

pmg911

Re: Valdir Manuel - C - Harcum CC
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2019, 03:40:28 PM »
wasn't he a major academic question mark the entire time..?