DouDou Gureye

• 30 replies

pmg911

DouDou Gureye
« on: May 03, 2019, 02:05:20 PM »
Reading on Twitter that St. John's offered...

Kid doesn't look like a Div I player....

wpc77

Re: DouDou Gureye
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 02:12:00 PM »

Anderson had offered him fall 2018 at Arkansas.  Hall and Okie State also want him.  Not saying we should, just providing facts

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 03:12:54 PM »
Anderson had offered him fall 2018 at Arkansas.  Hall and Okie State also want him.  Not saying we should, just providing facts

Texas Tech has also offered. 

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2019, 10:29:05 PM »

Are you kidding? Dude is a baller! We were drooling over him on hogville. Watch this video and you will too!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=wCsrICoaFiY

wpc77

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2019, 10:35:43 PM »
Are you kidding? Dude is a baller! We were drooling over him on hogville. Watch this video and you will too!

Well, that explains the ridiculously high turnover rate.  Dude has some handles and is not a stiff, but thinks he is a 1.  Hopefully coach can mold him well

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2019, 05:13:45 AM »

The size and raw skill is definitely there.

As an outsider, what you need to understand about us St. John's fans is that we've had a litany of coaches over the last couple of decades that haven't refined or developed any player, especially bigs. We see players like this and our first assumption is they are going to play *exactly* like this for their entire St. John's tenure.

That said, definitely looks like a D1 player to me at his size.....

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2019, 10:04:34 PM »
Knowing Mike's track record with JUCOs, I pretty much give him the green light on any JUCO. 4/5 times they will be high impact players or starters. Mike does a very good job developing them. I think Gueye could be a stud for you all.

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2019, 08:12:11 AM »
Looks like a D-1 kid to me, you can tell by his counter moves at his size and height.
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

Johnny23

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2019, 09:32:55 AM »
Like I said it's obvious he's a D1 kid and with a nice skill level for his size. Let's just hope we can close the deal on him.

Marillac

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2019, 10:26:22 AM »

With all due respect, this video makes me want to vomit.  It's a 4/5 pretending to be a guard. There is a reason why dribbling/passing/shooting and posting up/rebounding were divided up they way they were between guards and bigs. 

I want my big men defending, rebounding, and setting screens.  If they can hit a shot or face up then that is a cherry on top of the sundae but the sundae needs to be there first.

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2019, 11:28:06 AM »
With all due respect, this video makes me want to vomit.  It's a 4/5 pretending to be a guard. There is a reason why dribbling/passing/shooting and posting up/rebounding were divided up they way they were between guards and bigs. 

I want my big men defending, rebounding, and setting screens.  If they can hit a shot or face up then that is a cherry on top of the sundae but the sundae needs to be there first.
Welcome back to the 1970's youall

redslope

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2019, 02:51:12 PM »
Looking at the video, it appears that this guy is going to JC in Japan which could account for the "dominance" he shows.  Also has one of the "great" names--think of the chants when he makes a bad play/has a bad game--"his game was DouDou tonight".  Who ever he covers could be said to have "DouDou on them" :) :)

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2019, 03:52:58 PM »
Looking at the video, it appears that this guy is going to JC in Japan which could account for the "dominance" he shows.  Also has one of the "great" names--think of the chants when he makes a bad play/has a bad game--"his game was DouDou tonight".  Who ever he covers could be said to have "DouDou on them" :) :)
You will be appearing where all week? LOL

Marillac

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2019, 07:29:41 PM »
Welcome back to the 1970's youall

I’ll change when it stops working.

Foad

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2019, 08:19:20 PM »

All year long ignorant bitches be crying about not having a big man who boxes out and rebounds and then you ask for nothing else  but a big man who boxes out and rebounds and then the same ignorant bitches who were crying for a big man who boxes out and rebounds call you out as antediluvian for asking for a big man who boxes out and rebounds. See also, the 80's called and they want their foreign policy back. I know this is the internets but even taking that into account the stupidity of the stupid is painfully painful.

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2019, 08:43:29 PM »
Hey I agree but it just doesn't seem like the today's basketball world agrees.

Ez_Uzi

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2019, 09:14:43 PM »
A Dou Dou Dou
A Dah Dah Dah
Is all I want to say to you ...

SJUFAN

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2019, 10:34:50 PM »
Hey I agree but it just doesn't seem like the today's basketball world agrees.

Who said he’s a big? Magic Johnson didn’t defend and set screens. How did that turn out? Don’t listen to Neil and BoB.

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2019, 11:58:34 PM »
Who said he’s a big? Magic Johnson didn’t defend and set screens. How did that turn out? Don’t listen to Neil and BoB.
just sayin I like centers and power forwards of which I haven't seen much around the Johnnie's program. When is the last ferocious rebounder we have had?

SJUFAN

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2019, 03:26:42 AM »
just sayin I like centers and power forwards of which I haven't seen much around the Johnnie's program. When is the last ferocious rebounder we have had?

True. I’m not saying it’s not important, but they are two separate things. I too like the typical 4/5 player. A banger/rebounder. He doesn’t look to be that, doesn’t mean he can’t still be useful. Also doesn’t mean we don’t fill that void with someone else. CMA uses his bench. Those days of having a 6-7 man rotation are over. We need bodies.