Lavin

• 705 replies

boo3

Re: Lavin
« Reply #140 on: March 24, 2015, 10:51:07 AM »

The cupboard is basically clean at this point, if you get trid of Lavin you also most likely lose Sampson and any chance of Diallo. i don't care if they fire him but they better have a good idea of who they can hire to at least get this program back on it's feet in 3 years.       

Exactly.  I'm fine with it, but there better be a plan and they better get their top choice.

Next year with a new coach will be an even bigger step back than with Lavin.   Doubt Sampson still comes. 

TONYD3

« Reply #141 on: March 24, 2015, 10:53:37 AM »
This seems like a big risk, maybe the smart move in the long run. Making me very nervous.

« Reply #142 on: March 24, 2015, 11:00:59 AM »
Sooo this really could happen?

Imagine. Norm inherits a team that won six games and leaves one that goes to the tournament. Lavin inherits a team that goes to the tournament and leaves one that wins six games.

Not much else to say.

hnk

« Reply #143 on: March 24, 2015, 11:03:05 AM »
One can only hope.

« Reply #144 on: March 24, 2015, 11:11:15 AM »
One can only hope.

I would suggest ignoring me in coming days

boo3

« Reply #145 on: March 24, 2015, 11:15:15 AM »
Baldi gonna start with the " I told you so" post now.   

2 years later.   Lol

« Reply #146 on: March 24, 2015, 11:17:36 AM »
Baldi gonna start with the " I told you so" post now.   

2 years later.   Lol

NAh. You guys already know the deal. No need for Baldi to gloat.

boo3

« Reply #147 on: March 24, 2015, 11:19:36 AM »
So he's taking the USC job?  Wow.  :)

« Reply #148 on: March 24, 2015, 11:21:47 AM »
So he's taking the USC job?  Wow.  :)

Arizona st

hnk

« Reply #149 on: March 24, 2015, 11:22:30 AM »
One way or the other it will be an interesting few days/weeks.

sju89tr

« Reply #150 on: March 24, 2015, 11:32:36 AM »
I just think he gets bought out at this point for his final year and bet he ends of up on Fox 1 in LA

The replacement for him just is not easy to come up with

I think SJU MUST pay   top dollar for a new coach to appease the Big East and UA 

Tha Kid

« Reply #151 on: March 24, 2015, 11:33:19 AM »
I just think he gets bought out at this point for his final year and bet he ends of up on Fox 1 in LA

I think SJU MUST pay   top dollar for a new coach to appease the Big East and UA 

Would you equate one of the Hurley boys as "top dollar" or are you talking someone more proven such as Archie, etc.?
"I drink and I know things"

sju89tr

« Reply #152 on: March 24, 2015, 11:38:37 AM »

Would you equate one of the Hurley boys as "top dollar" or are you talking someone more proven such as Archie, etc.?

I like the Hurley's but something just doesn't sit right with me regarding their chances of success at St Johns. Same applies to Massielo or Richard Pitino. 

Miller would be a GREAT choice if he would come

I would hope that somehow we could get Shaka to listen (as he technically is from the Pitino tree) and would be endorsed by Repole. Shaka would be a STAR in New York City.     

« Reply #153 on: March 24, 2015, 11:40:18 AM »
Here's my prediction (and I'll likely get laughed at):

Rico Hines.

desco80

« Reply #154 on: March 24, 2015, 11:41:10 AM »
The cupboard is basically clean at this point, if you get trid of Lavin you also most likely lose Sampson and any chance of Diallo. i don't care if they fire him but they better have a good idea of who they can hire to at least get this program back on it's feet in 3 years.       

Exactly.  I'm fine with it, but there better be a plan and they better get their top choice.

Next year with a new coach will be an even bigger step back than with Lavin.   Doubt Sampson still comes. 

I think there's a good chance B Sampson still comes.

1) He's an Under Armour kid

2) He says he wants to get away from home, and loved his trip to NY

3) The biggest selling point for him here was playing time and a guaranteed spot as starting shooting guard.   We still have all the playing time in the world. 

4) Since he verballed for us, LSU, TexasAM, and UCLA have all signed top 100 shooting guards.

5) Cal, our biggest rival in his recruitment, had 4 guards that played 20+ mpg this season.   None of them are graduating, they're all coming back.  Including Tyrone Wallace (17ppg) and Jordan Mathews (13ppg).

sju89tr

« Reply #155 on: March 24, 2015, 11:44:00 AM »
I think the only way we keep Sampson with a new coach is if Chiles remains on the staff and there is ZERO reason why he shouldn't be retained by a new coach, the Dude works hard and is good at what he does.

« Reply #156 on: March 24, 2015, 11:48:03 AM »
I was going to say that I think Chiles stays if a move is made. Everyone else gone. Unless the new coach has an issue with Chiles or someone specific in mind to fill that role.  That Maven guy tweets negative stuff about Chiles for whatever reason, but I have only heard good things from others in the NY/NJ basketball community about him.

hnk

« Reply #157 on: March 24, 2015, 11:49:34 AM »
Aren't you guys getting ahead of yourselves?

sju89tr

« Reply #158 on: March 24, 2015, 11:49:58 AM »
I was going to say that I think Chiles stays if a move is made. Everyone else gone. Unless the new coach has an issue with Chiles or someone specific in mind to fill that role.  That Maven guy tweets negative stuff about Chiles for whatever reason, but I have only heard good things from others in the NY/NJ basketball community about him.

I am not sure of why Maven has a beef with Chiles. He seems like a really hard worker to me.

desco80

« Reply #159 on: March 24, 2015, 11:50:55 AM »

PMG isn't a fan either if I recall correctly.