Lavin

• 705 replies

pmg911

Re: Lavin
« Reply #160 on: March 24, 2015, 11:51:33 AM »
I think the only way we keep Sampson with a new coach is if Chiles remains on the staff and there is ZERO reason why he shouldn't be retained by a new coach, the Dude works hard and is good at what he does.

TR - you know how much I respect you but I completely disagree on that evaluation

« Reply #161 on: March 24, 2015, 11:52:52 AM »
I was going to say that I think Chiles stays if a move is made. Everyone else gone. Unless the new coach has an issue with Chiles or someone specific in mind to fill that role.  That Maven guy tweets negative stuff about Chiles for whatever reason, but I have only heard good things from others in the NY/NJ basketball community about him.

Why the lack of Ny/NJ talent on the team?

sju89tr

« Reply #162 on: March 24, 2015, 11:54:11 AM »
I think the only way we keep Sampson with a new coach is if Chiles remains on the staff and there is ZERO reason why he shouldn't be retained by a new coach, the Dude works hard and is good at what he does.

TR - you know how much I respect you but I completely disagree on that evaluation
I may be wrong but I don't know as much as you locally PMG. I have met Tony, he seems like a good guy on the surface
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 11:54:34 AM by sju89tr »

« Reply #163 on: March 24, 2015, 11:56:25 AM »
I was going to say that I think Chiles stays if a move is made. Everyone else gone. Unless the new coach has an issue with Chiles or someone specific in mind to fill that role.  That Maven guy tweets negative stuff about Chiles for whatever reason, but I have only heard good things from others in the NY/NJ basketball community about him.

I am not sure of why Maven has a beef with Chiles. He seems like a really hard worker to me.

after Maven exposed the Artis recruitment, Maven alluded to in a tweet the Chiles called to bitch him out...

Poison

« Reply #164 on: March 24, 2015, 11:57:34 AM »
Aren't you guys getting ahead of yourselves?

Spring is a time for hope.

hnk

« Reply #165 on: March 24, 2015, 12:00:26 PM »
Hope?  CO and RJ stay.  Diallo comes.   We have a good team next year.  Now that's a hope.  And it's still possible.

hnk

« Reply #166 on: March 24, 2015, 12:01:25 PM »
And all of a sudden the program is headed in the right direction.  With Greece and Italy still possibles. 

desco80

« Reply #167 on: March 24, 2015, 12:01:57 PM »

I am not sure of why Maven has a beef with Chiles. He seems like a really hard worker to me.

after Maven exposed the Artis recruitment, Maven alluded to in a tweet the Chiles called to bitch him out...

I still don't understand how Lavin and Chiles thought they could recruit an alleged rapist without anyone finding out and objecting.
Are they stupid or just naive?

« Reply #168 on: March 24, 2015, 12:03:41 PM »

I still don't understand how Lavin and Chiles thought they could recruit an alleged rapist without anyone finding out and objecting.
Are they stupid or just naive?

Desperate

Poison

« Reply #169 on: March 24, 2015, 12:05:36 PM »
Hope?  CO and RJ stay.  Diallo comes.   We have a good team next year.  Now that's a hope.  And it's still possible.

Actually, that's not even an NIT team.

hnk

« Reply #170 on: March 24, 2015, 12:08:50 PM »
I disagree and hope we will find out.    Maybe Lovett too.  Obviously Sampson.   Adonis in somewhat better shape.  Ali more comfortable and shooting better....a little stronger......a pick and pop game off the bench.

Tha Kid

« Reply #171 on: March 24, 2015, 12:09:25 PM »

Rysheed, Sampson, Obekpa and Diallo is not even an NIT team.  What world are you on Poison?  That's a bubble team minimum, even with Lavin coaching.
"I drink and I know things"

hnk

« Reply #172 on: March 24, 2015, 12:09:52 PM »
No one is getting to the hoop easily against that front line of CO and Diallo.  No one. 

« Reply #173 on: March 24, 2015, 12:10:41 PM »

Rysheed, Sampson, Obekpa and Diallo is not even an NIT team.  What world are you on Poison?  That's a bubble team minimum, even with Lavin coaching.

And who else?

paultzman

« Reply #174 on: March 24, 2015, 12:13:40 PM »
@AdamZagoria: Sources: Steve Lavin’s Future at St. John’s in Doubt http://t.co/OuNcg5x2Nn @SNYtv

sju89tr

« Reply #175 on: March 24, 2015, 12:14:38 PM »

I would agree with you

« Reply #176 on: March 24, 2015, 12:15:59 PM »
@AdamZagoria: Sources: Steve Lavin’s Future at St. John’s in Doubt http://t.co/OuNcg5x2Nn @SNYtv

where there is smoke there is fire.

if there is this so much uncertainty regarding future, if i were Lavin, i'd want to take control of my own destiny. why would i want to stay somewhere, that i'm not fully wanted?  it's a recipe for failure. i'd ask for a buyout.

sju89tr

« Reply #177 on: March 24, 2015, 12:23:54 PM »
Question

Would Mark Jackson be interested?
Would he be able to coach in college with his personality and the time on the road recruiting?

TONYD3

« Reply #178 on: March 24, 2015, 12:24:15 PM »
@AdamZagoria: Sources: Steve Lavin’s Future at St. John’s in Doubt http://t.co/OuNcg5x2Nn @SNYtv

where there is smoke there is fire.

if there is this so much uncertainty regarding future, if i were Lavin, i'd want to take control of my own destiny. why would i want to stay somewhere, that i'm not fully wanted?  it's a recipe for failure. i'd ask for a buyout.
Buy out, this is his last chance. No one is walking away from his salary. He is never going to make this kind of money again either.

Tha Kid

« Reply #179 on: March 24, 2015, 12:28:40 PM »
Question

Would Mark Jackson be interested?
Would he be able to coach in college with his personality and the time on the road recruiting?

Good question.  I think some of the circumstances with the NBA job and heirarchy that seemed to bring out major paranoia and inconsistent actions/behavior by Mark at Golden State would not be applicable at all at St. John's where he is a living legend.  So I think it could work, if he gets experienced assistants and is ready to roll up his sleeves.

He wouldnt be my first choice but I do think he COULD work out extremely well...just a risk.
"I drink and I know things"