Lavin

• 705 replies
Re: Lavin
« Reply #320 on: March 25, 2015, 02:09:02 PM »
It was a good fight @Desco

I'm not wrong.
As of this morning there had been no contract talks with Lavin.   That is a fact.
So unless they decided today to keep him, and he agreed in principle to their terms... this is just a leak and posturing. 

Now, that's not to say the school couldn't make a decision tomorrow or next week to keep Lavin.  They could.
I was told this morning no decision had been made, people were waiting to see what president G wanted to do, and no one had talked to Lavin about an extension yet. 

I know that they have.

Also I know Lavin's agent. Not really his style to utilize media and DeCourcey wouldn't be his go-to guy. He has bigger names if he really wanted to get something out.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

desco80

« Reply #321 on: March 25, 2015, 02:09:20 PM »

I'm not wrong.
As of this morning there had been no contract talks with Lavin.   That is a fact.
So unless they decided today to keep him, and he agreed in principle to their terms... this is just a leak and posturing. 

Now, that's not to say the school couldn't make a decision tomorrow or next week to keep Lavin.  They could.
I was told this morning no decision had been made, people were waiting to see what president G wanted to do, and no one had talked to Lavin about an extension yet.

I'm hearing the complete opposite. I guess we will eventually find out.

There were contract talks before today?

« Reply #322 on: March 25, 2015, 02:10:28 PM »

I'm not wrong.

Last year. Remember? Lavin said so

boo3

« Reply #323 on: March 25, 2015, 02:17:45 PM »

I'm not wrong.

Is it possible that they just decided, say late last night, that they would retain Lavin?   Today they are hammering out the details based on a proposal that was previously drawn up, but not negotiated?

I'm indifferent to be honest..  If we Keep Lavin I don't see him here for more than 2-3 more years, enough time to hopefully fix the roster mess and get some more talent.. 

5 year extension with a buyout option after year 3 is what I'm saying..   

There are always flavor of the month coaching candidates every year..  I have zero FOMO with these coaches today/this season.. 

If they fire him...So be it..   New beginnings are exciting for me as a fan..      I find it crazy how militant some people are about it..   Lighten up.  It's a lousy basketball team we have been cursed to root for.. 
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 02:18:34 PM by boo3 »

desco80

« Reply #324 on: March 25, 2015, 02:18:42 PM »

I'm not wrong.

Is it possible that they just decided, say late last night, that they would retain Lavin?   Today they are hammering out the details based on a proposal that was previously drawn up, but not negotiated?

I'm indifferent to be honest..  If we Keep Lavin I don't see him here for more than 2-3 more years, enough time to hopefully fix the roster mess and get some more talent.. 

5 year extension with a buyout option after year 3 is what I'm saying..   

There are always flavor of the month coaching candidates every year..  I have zero FOMO with these coaches today/this season.. 

If they fire him...So be it..   New beginnings is exciting for me as a fan..      I find it crazy how militant some people are about it..   Lighten up.  It's a lousy basketball team we have been cursed to root for.. 

Yes, that's possible.  And wouldn't contradict what I heard. 

« Reply #325 on: March 25, 2015, 02:23:16 PM »

I'm not wrong.

Not sure, but would think somethings were talked about. Was told it's a done deal. He will be here for awhile.

« Reply #326 on: March 25, 2015, 02:25:31 PM »
A lot of people with sources all of a sudden? Huh

« Reply #327 on: March 25, 2015, 02:25:34 PM »

I'm not wrong.

Last year. Remember? Lavin said so

That was probably as foolish as someone saying it was a done deal that he was gone in March '14.

hnk

« Reply #328 on: March 25, 2015, 02:26:20 PM »
Ok...there was no negotiation?  But there was a proposal?  What about i'm sorry my info was wrong....I won't trust my "source" next time.

Of course....we still don't know the truth...no one knows not me...not baldi...not Desco...when we know we know.

SJUFAN

« Reply #329 on: March 25, 2015, 02:31:27 PM »
School would have let him go by now if that was their intentions. Doesn't help them find a replacement stringing it along. They are in negotiations with Lavin for an extension. Lavin has no better alternative so he will return.

« Reply #330 on: March 25, 2015, 02:34:07 PM »
I wish Old Red was here.  He always got his information first hand, by walking around campus.  By the way, they are frequent groping incidents on or around campus.  I'm not suggesting anything!

« Reply #331 on: March 25, 2015, 02:37:03 PM »
I wish Old Red was here.  He always got his information first hand, by walking around campus.  By the way, they are frequent groping incidents on or around campus.  I'm not suggesting anything!

I think he's on redmen

sju89tr

« Reply #332 on: March 25, 2015, 02:38:12 PM »

I miss Old Red, had a lot of private messages with him over the years, he just could never control himself lol

« Reply #333 on: March 25, 2015, 02:40:36 PM »
The article doesn't say he's getting an extension.   It says media outlets are reporting his job is in danger, but that an extension could be complete by next week.

Well, that certainly clears everything up.    This is a non-story, story.   

I think the writer mean despite what is being said in the media it seems like they are talking about a contract extension. I don't love Lavin, I like him more then most here but that isnt saying much. That is my read on the article but I could be off

Actually, most here like him as much as you do, Wods.  Didn't you see the poll?  That might be what tipped Gerampisaw to the keep Lavin camp.  Thanks, Desco.
If admin is reading the boards, I want them all fired.   ;D

« Reply #334 on: March 25, 2015, 02:44:54 PM »
School would have let him go by now if that was their intentions. Doesn't help them find a replacement stringing it along. They are in negotiations with Lavin for an extension. Lavin has no better alternative so he will return.
I really believe coach loves being at St. John's and NYC. 

« Reply #335 on: March 25, 2015, 02:47:11 PM »
Don't worry there not as good as the ones you create
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 02:53:27 PM by 96 Schermerhorn Street »

« Reply #336 on: March 25, 2015, 02:50:02 PM »
Done worry there not as good as the one you create

What language is this?

« Reply #337 on: March 25, 2015, 02:52:55 PM »
Zags

St. John's University spokesman says there is nothing to announce at this time.
2:47pm - 25 Mar 15

desco80

« Reply #338 on: March 25, 2015, 02:52:55 PM »

I'm not wrong.

Not sure, but would think somethings were talked about. Was told it's a done deal. He will be here for awhile.

Interesting, ok.  If that's what they decide, then so be it.   I hope he signs Chiek and a few of the euros.

hnk

« Reply #339 on: March 25, 2015, 02:56:23 PM »
Until it's done and announced ...it's not done....but.......