This is the year....

• 36 replies

TONYD3

Re: This is the year....
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2014, 09:22:45 PM »
I just noticed that as of today, we have the worst 3pt% in the conference and we're second to last in fg%. Has a team ever won the Big East and been statistically the worst shooting team? This is something that is going to have to change if we want to keep winning. And in other statistical notes: we officially have the best free thow defense in the country. Teams are shooting 55.8% from the line against us, worst in the country.
Reasons why we can't take anyone in the BE too lightly.
+1 The flipside to those stats though is that we're first or 2nd in every defensive category: fg%, 3pt%, steals, blocks and good defense is less streaky, so we've got a solid foundation.
Reasons why we are going to beat up on bigbeast teams starting with seton hall

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2014, 09:24:00 PM »
Maybe opponents are distracted while shooting free throws against us by CO's short shorts.  :)

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2014, 09:58:48 PM »
I just noticed that as of today, we have the worst 3pt% in the conference and we're second to last in fg%. Has a team ever won the Big East and been statistically the worst shooting team? This is something that is going to have to change if we want to keep winning. And in other statistical notes: we officially have the best free thow defense in the country. Teams are shooting 55.8% from the line against us, worst in the country.

Desco, how do you think we'll do in BE play?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

desco80

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2014, 10:44:31 PM »

I dont know.  I'm nervous/anxious/ and excited all at the same time, for conference play to start.
We have a much higher floor than I anticipated before the season though. We certainly have some flaws that are being covered up right now, but i think at worst we're 11-7. 
Injuries might be our most dangerous enemy. 

Marillac

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2014, 10:51:28 PM »
League play will be brutal. Outside of Depaul, every game should be tough.  That is why it was so important for the league to play so well OOC.   Mission accomplished.  We also have the three biggest names ranked...huge IMHO.  I'd like to see Gtown get into the teens. 
We have seniors...we have chemistry...we should win the close ones this year. 
Jordan really needs to start taking better shots.  He made a few treys last game, but only 4/5 of his attempts were bad shots.  He also needs to limit the twos as well.  Take it to the basket, young fella.  Set jumpers only. 

redslope

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2014, 11:15:16 PM »
You need to look at the defensive stats as well; we are built on defense.  In all our games to date you would probably find the same offensive relationship to our opponents but the game results will show every opponent shooting below their season stats in most cases probably close to 10% less.  Hopefully we can maintain our defensive intensity and put your fears to rest.

desco80

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2014, 11:21:55 PM »
You need to look at the defensive stats as well; we are built on defense.  In all our games to date you would probably find the same offensive relationship to our opponents but the game results will show every opponent shooting below their season stats in most cases probably close to 10% less.  Hopefully we can maintain our defensive intensity and put your fears to rest.

Look at my next post after that.  The defense has been tremendous.

SJUFAN

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2014, 12:34:59 AM »
You need to look at the defensive stats as well; we are built on defense. In all our games to date you would probably find the same offensive relationship to our opponents but the game results will show every opponent shooting below their season stats in most cases probably close to 10% less. Hopefully we can maintain our defensive intensity and put your fears to rest.
Look at my next post after that. The defense has been tremendous.
Would you give Lavin credit for that?

« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2014, 01:51:33 AM »
You need to look at the defensive stats as well; we are built on defense. In all our games to date you would probably find the same offensive relationship to our opponents but the game results will show every opponent shooting below their season stats in most cases probably close to 10% less. Hopefully we can maintain our defensive intensity and put your fears to rest.

No way.  Dunlap is a defensive coaching genius.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 11:21:47 AM by carmineabbatiello »

desco80

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2014, 08:43:48 AM »

Yes.  I think he's pushed the right buttons defensively, and the team looks more disciplined; they don't over-pursue or leave their feet for every shot-fake.
Basically, they look well coached defensively, so credit goes to Lavin for that .
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 08:44:16 AM by desco80 »

« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2014, 09:35:51 AM »
Yes. I think he's pushed the right buttons defensively, and the team looks more disciplined; they don't over-pursue or leave their feet for every shot-fake. Basically, they look well coached defensively, so credit goes to Lavin for that .

We finally have an identity.  It isn't a pretty one, but essentially our game is to force the other team into mistakes using our athleticism on defense and in transition.  We should have had this identity two years ago, but I'm happy that they figured it out, and Lavin should get some credit for that.  Top 10 defense plus good guard play is a great formula

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2015, 02:37:24 PM »
I've seen Villanova play, we are better.
Should I have posted this on the Seton Hall page?

hnk

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2015, 04:29:00 PM »
Baldi "I've seen Nova play....we r better"  True genius.

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2015, 04:31:39 PM »

Drunk post

hnk

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2015, 04:32:29 PM »
Like the rest of them.  Now i understand.

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2015, 07:26:16 PM »
we could beat nova i think but it would need to be a case of getting the big guys in foul trouble and defending the 3 like crazy. won't happen but on any given day - see villanova georgetown NCAA final

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2015, 08:44:05 PM »

Drunk post
I take it you had a stream of unconsciousness post  ;D