Lavin

• 705 replies
Re: Lavin
« Reply #420 on: March 25, 2015, 11:31:37 PM »
So today's meeting was year in review. Doesn't look like anyone was correct today. Baldi will stick to his guns

RIght that is why ASU let Herb Sendek continue to be their coach after their end of the year meeting yesterday and let him go on recruiting visits before they plan on firing him next week.

Except they fired him yesterday when they met with him in his year end visit.

I'm sure the ASU president was at that meeting

What?  Give it up guy, seriously.  Go away for a few weeks.

Forever.  I helped you out, fordham.
MJ - you going in July?

God-willing....  No doubt!

« Reply #421 on: March 25, 2015, 11:33:29 PM »
Can someone explain why Lavin was looking for jobs at networks?

Can you confirm that?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #422 on: March 25, 2015, 11:35:49 PM »

Can you confirm that?

Saw a tweet. Not much can be confirmed nowadays

« Reply #423 on: March 25, 2015, 11:37:19 PM »

Can you confirm that?

True.

If he did then he did. I don't think he'd be the first person to seek alternative employment while being employed. I know I have.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #424 on: March 25, 2015, 11:38:21 PM »

Backup plan for a job... but no backup plans for recruiting  :D  "I kid, I kid..."
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 11:38:47 PM by bball purist »

« Reply #425 on: March 25, 2015, 11:41:11 PM »

Can you confirm that?

True.

If he did then he did. I don't think he'd be the first person to seek alternative employment while being employed. I know I have.
The rabblerousers had him shaking in his boots. Not 100% confident if true - lol

« Reply #426 on: March 26, 2015, 12:37:51 AM »

Can you confirm that?

Has to be true. It was on the internet.

« Reply #427 on: March 26, 2015, 07:49:38 AM »

Can you confirm that?

Has to be true. It was on the internet.

Ya just like the bogus extension reports.

« Reply #428 on: March 26, 2015, 08:03:32 AM »

Can you confirm that?

Guess that explains your recent 0-fer  skid.

« Reply #429 on: March 26, 2015, 08:16:14 AM »

Can you confirm that?

Where do you think I was wrong recently?

« Reply #430 on: March 26, 2015, 08:25:08 AM »
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25122984/observations-wisconsin-may-have-toughest-road-to-the-final-four

3. It's time for St. John's to make an official decision on Steve Lavin

This is starting to get ridiculous. The Red Storm's administration has hemmed and hawed for almost a week on their head coach's future and that's not fair to Lavin or his staff. Despite reaching the NCAA Tournament for the second time in five years it's clear that St. John's is undecided whether it truly wants Lavin to continue. There were several reports on Wednesday that Lavin was in talks with the school for a multiyear extension, but sources told CBSSports.com that those reports may be premature. A word to the wise: Decide what you want to do quickly. The longer it drags on the worse it looks for the university. A plethora of institutions have ended their seasons and announced coaching changes within a day of their final game, but it appears that things move at a slower pace at St. John's. I've always wondered why St. John's hasn't won an NCAA Tournament game since 1999. Now I think I'm beginning to understand. If you don't have an administration that has clarity and is in order, you can't win basketball games. The two go hand in hand.

« Reply #431 on: March 26, 2015, 08:26:30 AM »

Can you confirm that?

You serious?  Off top of my head:

multiple posts about play in game with an illogical excuse about UCONN pushing sju up 9 spots from play in to 35th overall

repeated allusions to more behind obekpa story (beyond just the other players being implicated)

Board of "directors" firing Lavin on "monday or Tuesday"

That's just in the last week and half. If I had time I could hand select 50 of the 500 posts you've shared in the last 20 days to further support this.

Johnny23

« Reply #432 on: March 26, 2015, 08:27:57 AM »
^^ Shit rolls downhill. It always starts at the top. This is an institutional problem.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 08:28:37 AM by Johnny23 »

« Reply #433 on: March 26, 2015, 08:30:11 AM »

Can you confirm that?

multiple posts about play in game with an illogical excuse about UCONN pushing sju up 9 spots from play in to 35th overall

repeated allusions to more behind obekpa story (beyond just the other players being implicated)

That's just in the last week and half. If I had time I could hand select 50 of the 500 posts you've shared in the last 20 days to further support this.

It will all come out in the wash soon. 1 way or the other. And for the record, everyone was wrong yesterday, except for Desco. And people jumped on him for his good scoop. But hey, if you need to believe that there were no failed drug tests and Lavin was in extension talks yesterday, good for you

« Reply #434 on: March 26, 2015, 08:46:42 AM »

Can you confirm that?

It will all come out in the wash soon. 1 way or the other. And for the record, everyone was wrong yesterday, except for Desco. And people jumped on him for his good scoop. But hey, if you need to believe that there were no failed drug tests and Lavin was in extension talks yesterday, good for you

I said neither of those things.

Foad

« Reply #435 on: March 26, 2015, 09:10:42 AM »
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25122984/observations-wisconsin-may-have-toughest-road-to-the-final-four

3. It's time for St. John's to make an official decision on Steve Lavin

This is starting to get ridiculous. The Red Storm's administration has hemmed and hawed for almost a week on their head coach's future and that's not fair to Lavin or his staff. Despite reaching the NCAA Tournament for the second time in five years it's clear that St. John's is undecided whether it truly wants Lavin to continue. There were several reports on Wednesday that Lavin was in talks with the school for a multiyear extension, but sources told CBSSports.com that those reports may be premature. A word to the wise: Decide what you want to do quickly. The longer it drags on the worse it looks for the university. A plethora of institutions have ended their seasons and announced coaching changes within a day of their final game, but it appears that things move at a slower pace at St. John's. I've always wondered why St. John's hasn't won an NCAA Tournament game since 1999. Now I think I'm beginning to understand. If you don't have an administration that has clarity and is in order, you can't win basketball games. The two go hand in hand.
I couldn't really understand what Rothstein is saying. Ask him to take Lavin's dick out of his mouth and try again.

« Reply #436 on: March 26, 2015, 10:26:32 AM »
So today's meeting was year in review. Doesn't look like anyone was correct today. Baldi will stick to his guns

Who knows if that is even true. St.John's is Yankee-like in that they tell you what they want to tell you, and you'll find out when they are good and ready to share it.

Sorry to say....that's the way it's supposed to be

I don't disagree, but they've made a lot of fans mad with their lack of due diligence. Simply put, Lavin and his staff either need to work harder, or smarter.

And I don't disagree with that (harden and smarter) either. But companies (or teams, or schools) release information when it is ready to be released, and not before, and they can't and won't be pushed to do so by media or message boards. If they do, then they are not working properly. Even leaks are planned.

SJUFAN

« Reply #437 on: March 26, 2015, 11:09:06 AM »

Can you confirm that?

They are working on an extension, just because it wasn't finalized doesn't mean that is not what's happening. That doesn't mean that both sides could not still choose to go separate ways if they can not reach a agreement, but it's clear that the University's position is to extend Lavin. Just ask your source.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 11:09:43 AM by SJUFAN »

hnk

« Reply #438 on: March 26, 2015, 11:16:38 AM »
I agree...but school should put out a statement....we r working on extension...expect to reach an agreement......but there is no guarantee....silence during final days of hot recruiting period in face of rumors and innuendo could be harmful as some intend.

« Reply #439 on: March 26, 2015, 11:18:47 AM »
I agree...but school should put out a statement....we r working on extension...expect to reach an agreement......but there is no guarantee....silence during final days of hot recruiting period in face of rumors and innuendo could be harmful as some intend.
They could secretly be talking to Danny Hurley's camp this very moment for all we know.