Khadeen Carrington - SG - Bishop Loughlin HS - Brooklyn, NY - SETON HALL

• 420 replies
Re: Khadeen Carrington - SG - Bishop Loughlin HS - Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2012, 08:43:02 AM »
Amaze or amuse?

Just amaze

You neither amaze nor amuse me with your party line stuff.  Snooze........

mkras99

« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2012, 08:47:48 AM »
Shots fired!

Moose

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2012, 09:00:34 AM »
Amaze or amuse?

Just amaze

Party line.  Yeah I'm a party line guy.  You know zero about me.  I know more about you than you think.  You might find my posts boring and compared to the zany make no sense bi popular crap you spew my posts do pale in comparison.

So now carry on complaining about the smallest thing, ripping Lavin for last year, dreaming of imaginary point guards, ripping fans who live outside of NY area for not attending games, and gazing at the Sean Evans poster above your bed in Podunk Pennsylvania.

;D
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 09:02:33 AM by Moose »
Remember who broke the Slice news

sju89tr

« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2012, 09:39:30 AM »
Amaze or amuse?

Just amaze

Party line.  Yeah I'm a party line guy.  You know zero about me.  I know more about you than you think.  You might find my posts boring and compared to the zany make no sense bi popular crap you spew my posts do pale in comparison.

So now carry on complaining about the smallest thing, ripping Lavin for last year, dreaming of imaginary point guards, ripping fans who live outside of NY area for not attending games, and gazing at the Sean Evans poster above your bed in Podunk Pennsylvania.

;D

Who loved Vernon Teal ?

Chilleb

« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2012, 02:26:03 PM »
Amaze or amuse?

Just amaze

;D

Who loved Vernon Teal ?
Great in hs, injuries caught up to him at LMU

sju89tr

« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2012, 02:26:50 PM »
Amaze or amuse?

Just amaze

;D

Who loved Vernon Teal ?

A poster on this board had a man crush on Teal LOL

Chilleb

« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2012, 02:28:35 PM »
Amaze or amuse?

Just amaze

;D

Who loved Vernon Teal ?

Lol thought it was a exit strategy in trying to change the subject, didn't no it had subliminal queer pun intended to it. Ha

« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2012, 09:17:02 AM »
Amaze or amuse?

Just amaze

;D

You're right about a few things.  Your party line snoozefest posts do pale in comparison to reality even when it doesn't please you.  Like it or not Steve Lavin isn't perfect.  I've said many times I'm an SJU fan first.  Coaches are just part of the picture.  Yeah I even had the audacity to question a guy who said last year was a terrific season.  Something you would never do.  Well, excuuuuuuse me!  Thirteen wins with a six man team and the coach sitting in the sky box was anything but terrific.  Sure some of that was unpreventable but where we differ is admitting that some was.  I also do occasionally take a swipe at posters who wear out this site who've never put themselves out the way I do to get to games.  If that's unfair it's really too bad.  As for Sean Evans I see him as another kid who didn't always get a sqare shake at SJU.  Watching Lavin sit him pissed me off almost as much as the fact that guys like you never gave him his due.  Pretty funny that he wound up making a hell of a lot more than you do.  I call that justice.  So keep on knocking the "bi-popular" guy and I'll keep snoozing when I see your insulting responses.

sju89tr

« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2012, 10:03:54 AM »
Amaze or amuse?

Just amaze

;D

Who loved Vernon Teal ?

Lol thought it was a exit strategy in trying to change the subject, didn't no it had subliminal queer pun intended to it. Ha

LOL The poster thought he was the second coming of Erick Barkley and didn't understand why St Johns didn't bring him in

Moose

« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2012, 01:24:30 PM »
Amaze or amuse?

Just amaze

;D

You're right about a few things.  Your party line snoozefest posts do pale in comparison to reality even when it doesn't please you.  Like it or not Steve Lavin isn't perfect.  I've said many times I'm an SJU fan first.  Coaches are just part of the picture.  Yeah I even had the audacity to question a guy who said last year was a terrific season.  Something you would never do.  Well, excuuuuuuse me!  Thirteen wins with a six man team and the coach sitting in the sky box was anything but terrific.  Sure some of that was unpreventable but where we differ is admitting that some was.  I also do occasionally take a swipe at posters who wear out this site who've never put themselves out the way I do to get to games.  If that's unfair it's really too bad.  As for Sean Evans I see him as another kid who didn't always get a sqare shake at SJU.  Watching Lavin sit him pissed me off almost as much as the fact that guys like you never gave him his due.  Pretty funny that he wound up making a hell of a lot more than you do.  I call that justice.  So keep on knocking the "bi-popular" guy and I'll keep snoozing when I see your insulting responses.

And I'm sure he makes more than you do as well.  So really smart argument there. 

You obviously need glasses because I've taken plenty of shots at Lavin.  And I was a fan of STJ before Lavin so don't make it seem like I'm a Johnny come lately. 

You will NEVER be happy with the direction of this program, you will never be satisfied.  I honestly kind of wish Mark Jackson was coach because thats about the only thing you were ever definitive on and you could then cower into a corner when that experiment failed.

Life is too short to be such a miserable person bobre.  Have a great weekend!
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2012, 10:17:16 AM »
Amaze or amuse?

Just amaze

;D

And I'm sure he makes more than you do as well.  So really smart argument there. 

You obviously need glasses because I've taken plenty of shots at Lavin.  And I was a fan of STJ before Lavin so don't make it seem like I'm a Johnny come lately. 

You will NEVER be happy with the direction of this program, you will never be satisfied.  I honestly kind of wish Mark Jackson was coach because thats about the only thing you were ever definitive on and you could then cower into a corner when that experiment failed.

I've been happy with the program when it was called for.  You were in diapers for some of that.  Yeah I must need glasses because your knocks on Lavin have been about as plentiful as your compliments about Evans.  Miserable people don't root for kids who left in on the floor for SJU.  They knock them.  For now we are what our record says we are and that's the way it should be.  You enjoy the weekend too and hope Keegan gets it together in Texas.

boo3

« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2012, 11:32:03 AM »
Bobre, enough with the Evans crap. Jeez.
You don't think he got a fair shake here? He played a ton of minutes under Roberts. Didn't buy in to Lsvin at first and sat.  Then he bought in, and played, and played well. enough!  He's great. My favorite player ever.

Now please stop!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 11:44:06 AM by boo3 »

Marillac

« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2012, 03:21:46 PM »
Amaze or amuse?

Just amaze

;D

I've been happy with the program when it was called for.  You were in diapers for some of that.  Yeah I must need glasses because your knocks on Lavin have been about as plentiful as your compliments about Evans.  Miserable people don't root for kids who left in on the floor for SJU.  They knock them.  For now we are what our record says we are and that's the way it should be.  You enjoy the weekend too and hope Keegan gets it together in Texas.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 03:24:13 PM by Marillac »

« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2012, 01:54:21 PM »
Amaze or amuse?

Just amaze

;D

Who loved Vernon Teal ?

LOL The poster thought he was the second coming of Erick Barkley and didn't understand why St Johns didn't bring him in

Newsflash- the "poster" never saw Teal play.  He did have one major distinction however ( aside from averaging 36 or so ppg in HS) He was virtually the only kid in the Metro area who openly stated that he wanted to play at SJU while we were being shot down by every other recruit on our "list." I thought it was important for us to sign SOMEONE to preserve a little respect for SJU recruiting at the time.  I believe I was right about that.  I also believe I was right when I griped about Roberts turning away Truck Bryant under somewhat similar circumstances.  Anyone who wants to take issue with that should feel free but Norm's demise had a lot to do with his choice of point guards.  After last season If anyone still thinks it's better to play shorthanded than filling out the roster with marginal kids that's fine but some of this year's recruits might very well fit that description. At least we have some depth this time around for a change though.   

LJSA

« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2012, 04:01:34 PM »
Newsflash- the "poster" never saw Teal play.   

And people who did see him say he wasn't Big East material. And LIC played a weak schedule, which is why Vernon averaged so many ppg. Was he good enough to play D1? Certainly. Just not here.

Look on the PSAL website. You'll see outrageous individual stats, yet most of those guys don't play D1 ball.

Chilleb

« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2012, 05:20:14 PM »

And people who did see him say he wasn't Big East material. And LIC played a weak schedule, which is why Vernon averaged so many ppg. Was he good enough to play D1? Certainly. Just not here.

Look on the PSAL website. You'll see outrageous individual stats, yet most of those guys don't play D1 ball.
Vernon actually played at flushing not LIC, and that conference back then was everybit of tough, Cardozo was competing with nationally ranked Lincoln every year. Vern was excellent until injuries caught up to him

« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2012, 11:21:23 PM »
Agree Bobre that it is good to sign some role players or solid 4 year players to fill out the roster.  Biggest complaint with Norm was that he never landed the top tier guys like Lavin has.  Our current roster has a combination of top 50-60 guys, and it seems that Lavin has surrounded them with a few solid contributors/role players who have defined roles (shooters, rebounders/defenders, etc). 

LJSA

« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2012, 02:30:23 AM »

Vernon actually played at flushing not LIC, and that conference back then was everybit of tough, Cardozo was competing with nationally ranked Lincoln every year. Vern was excellent until injuries caught up to him

Sorry, slip of the tongue -- I knew he went to Flushing. Not sure why I said LIC.

Was his game-to-game competition actually all that great there?

« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2012, 01:05:11 PM »

Sorry, slip of the tongue -- I knew he went to Flushing. Not sure why I said LIC.

The point is that we weren't signing anyone at the time and he was well worth a try.  I wish we had a few like him last year.  Sometimes you have to take what you can get, especially when they come knocking on the door.  People who look gift horses in the mouth often wind up walking.

Chilleb

« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2012, 02:13:09 PM »

Wasn't the best but sure a heck of a lot better than now