NCAA Tournament thread

• 731 replies

desco80

Re: NCAA Tournament thread
« Reply #680 on: April 04, 2015, 11:29:59 PM »
besides the shot clock violation did anyone think frank had position on harrisons drive. I thought offensive he never had to slide his feet. Shaky officiating.

That looked like a charge to me.  The no call on the slap?
And it was brutal both ways, I didn't see a foul on dekkers drive late in the game that they called on one of the harrisons. 

bk8664

« Reply #681 on: April 04, 2015, 11:35:09 PM »
besides the shot clock violation did anyone think frank had position on harrisons drive. I thought offensive he never had to slide his feet. Shaky officiating.

That looked like a charge to me.  The no call on the slap?
And it was brutal both ways, I didn't see a foul on dekkers drive late in the game that they called on one of the harrisons. 

Officiating was really bad both ways; I couldn't tell who really benefited more. Hard to keep score there were so many questionable calls and non-calls.

paultzman

« Reply #682 on: April 04, 2015, 11:37:28 PM »
@JeffRabjohns: Frank Kaminsky, who avg. 1.8 points as a freshman but didn't mope, didn't transfer; is AP National Player of Year & playing for NCAA title.

Whoever worked with this guy on his footwork & post moves deserves a few dollars.

Poison

« Reply #683 on: April 04, 2015, 11:42:27 PM »
@JeffRabjohns: Frank Kaminsky, who avg. 1.8 points as a freshman but didn't mope, didn't transfer; is AP National Player of Year & playing for NCAA title.

Whoever worked with this guy on his footwork & post moves deserves a few dollars.

It's a great example for all of the pussies out there that think it's everyone else's fault that they're on the bench.

There are big men camps where big men learn how to play. But instead, we go to Europe, because somehow there's value in that.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 11:44:06 PM by Poison »

« Reply #684 on: April 04, 2015, 11:43:51 PM »
Thankfully Wisconsin won...now I have someone to root for on Monday.
Liked this Barkley quote: ,"The internet..That's where fools go to feel important"
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Poison

« Reply #685 on: April 04, 2015, 11:57:26 PM »
Kentucky had a tremendous season. I just hope that Calipari, the players and the fans know that because of this loss, this entire season is a failure. And from now on, that's all they will ever be.

Failures.

And to think, people actually wanted that loser to coach to St.John's. Wait, is he seriously crying? Wow, they are all crying. Calipari, the players and the fans. Actually, I admit, I feel kinda bad for that 8 year old in the head band.

« Reply #686 on: April 05, 2015, 12:40:13 AM »
Kentucky had a tremendous season. I just hope that Calipari, the players and the fans know that because of this loss, this entire season is a failure. And from now on, that's all they will ever be.

Failures.

And to think, people actually wanted that loser to coach to St.John's. Wait, is he seriously crying? Wow, they are all crying. Calipari, the players and the fans. Actually, I admit, I feel kinda bad for that 8 year old in the head band.
yeah, I felt a little bit worse for that kid than the Duke kid in '04 when Terps waxed them for ACC tourney title. 

desco80

« Reply #687 on: April 05, 2015, 08:51:55 AM »

Failures.

How can you say they had a tremendous season and then call it a failure.  It's one or the other

« Reply #688 on: April 05, 2015, 09:19:01 AM »

Failures.

How can you say they had a tremendous season and then call it a failure.  It's one or the other
i think he's being sarcastic

Poison

« Reply #689 on: April 05, 2015, 11:30:51 AM »

Failures.

I was being scarcastic, but after hearing Andrew Harrison's post game interview, I'm ok w a little suffering today. Suck it Kentucky. You blew it.

« Reply #690 on: April 05, 2015, 12:31:29 PM »

Failures.

I was being scarcastic, but after hearing Andrew Harrison's post game interview, I'm ok w a little suffering today. Suck it Kentucky. You blew it.
Yessir - Stern did it - the fix was in again - ba ha ha ha - check it out

https://youtu.be/qgw4ZqmDWuU
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 12:32:16 PM by bball purist »

« Reply #691 on: April 06, 2015, 01:08:59 PM »
Calipari sabotaged himself yet again. Tyler Ulis should have played more minutes, I think he's better than both the Harrison's. That loss is on those 2 and Cal

« Reply #692 on: April 06, 2015, 01:41:10 PM »
I think Kaminsky is going to pull Okafor out of the paint and I don't think anyone on Duke can guard. Dekker. 72-68 Wisky

« Reply #693 on: April 06, 2015, 01:44:36 PM »
Baldi:  I agree that Cal made a few real bad mistakes - sitting on the ball up 4 with a few minutes left (my recollection) and constantly allowing Decker/Kaminsky to get switches on smaller players (Booker) and exploit them.

Think Wisconsin wins, but disagree  with your statement about Duke not being able to guard.  Duke has played really good defense in the tournament, even though that was a weakness early in the year.  Don't have many great individual defenders, but collectively have really stepped up.  Will be interesting to see if Winslow, who I think is Duke's best individual defender, can handle Decker.

« Reply #694 on: April 06, 2015, 01:48:49 PM »
Baldi:  I agree that Cal made a few real bad mistakes - sitting on the ball up 4 with a few minutes left (my recollection) and constantly allowing Decker/Kaminsky to get switches on smaller players (Booker) and exploit them.

Think Wisconsin wins, but disagree  with your statement about Duke not being able to guard.  Duke has played really good defense in the tournament, even though that was a weakness early in the year.  Don't have many great individual defenders, but collectively have really stepped up.  Will be interesting to see if Winslow, who I think is Duke's best individual defender, can handle Decker.

Dukes guards are great defenders against penetrating offense. Michigan St offense is all about guard play.  But Wisconsin is all picks and passing. Ball rarely hits the floor.

« Reply #695 on: April 06, 2015, 02:52:53 PM »
Agree with that.  Wisco is a much, much tougher cover than Mich St. - for Duke or anyone else.  If Duke goes small, as they have, Hayes should have some post up opportunities against Jones or Allen.

Tha Kid

« Reply #696 on: April 06, 2015, 03:01:35 PM »
I think Kaminsky is going to pull Okafor out of the paint and I don't think anyone on Duke can guard. Dekker. 72-68 Wisky

Baldi THIS is what scares me about this matchup.  Not sure who Okafor guards if Kaminsky isnt playing inside.  Coach K hates zone and not sure if it would work great against Wisco, but that's not desirable either.

That said Duke 78-Wisco 72.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #697 on: April 06, 2015, 03:06:00 PM »
Calipari sabotaged himself yet again. Tyler Ulis should have played more minutes, I think he's better than both the Harrison's. That loss is on those 2 and Cal
Bingo. the Harrisons played ok this season.  Ulis was better for the team and should have had his PT phased out in the latter stages of the tourney.

Some might be surprised that Aaron shot 29+% from 3 point range this season.  The perception was all the big 3s from last tourney, the reality was him missing the three at the end of the Wisky game because he missed at a higher rate this season as compared to last season.

« Reply #698 on: April 06, 2015, 03:09:36 PM »
Towards the end Caliparis call timeout. Kentucky comes out and throws the ball inbounds to a Harrison for a 35 foot 3 pointer? That was the play drawn up in that timeout?

« Reply #699 on: April 06, 2015, 03:10:02 PM »
Watch the D 6'4" Gasser and 6'4" Koenig throw at Jones and Cook. Their length will bother them.

Nigel Hayes is going to step up even more tonight when Duke (Winslow and Amile) has trouble with Dekker.  Hayes is going to put up 16/8 and be a huge part of Wisconsin's win.

69-64 Wisconsin takes it.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 03:11:22 PM by bball purist »