Jordan coming back...

• 343 replies

dR3w

Re: Jordan coming back...
« Reply #80 on: April 16, 2015, 01:10:04 PM »
I don't believe that Mullin will turn Sheed away either.   But its interesting that the school hasn't said anything, or leaked anything to the press about him returning to school.
This may not be so cut and dry.

Wouldn't that be the assumption, and they would only post something if his status changed?

« Reply #81 on: April 16, 2015, 01:10:37 PM »
I don't believe that Mullin will turn Sheed away either.   But its interesting that the school hasn't said anything, or leaked anything to the press about him returning to school.

Since Sheed didn't announce that he was going to transfer or go pro, the school wouldn't announce he is coming back.

« Reply #82 on: April 16, 2015, 01:15:53 PM »

Since Sheed didn't announce that he was going to transfer or go pro, the school wouldn't announce he is coming back.

Program was left in such disarray that  every aspect, every player etc is being reevaluated. Special circumstance. I will wait to hear something from the school

« Reply #83 on: April 16, 2015, 01:20:55 PM »

Program was left in such disarray that  every aspect, every player etc is being reevaluated. Special circumstance. I will wait to hear something from the school

I don't think this is a special circumstance nor do I think the program was left in a greater disarray than it was left by Jarvis.

I do believe players are being reevaluated which isn’t that out of the ordinary with a wholesale change in the staff. Given Jordan's track record, certainly makes sense. My guess is they work it out. We’ll see.

« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2015, 01:26:33 PM »

I don't think this is a special circumstance nor do I think the program was left in a greater disarray than it was left by Jarvis.

I do believe players are being reevaluated which isn’t that out of the ordinary with a wholesale change in the staff. Given Jordan's track record, certainly makes sense. My guess is they work it out. We’ll see.

Not sure what Jarvis has to do with this, but ok

« Reply #85 on: April 16, 2015, 01:36:57 PM »

That is good and fine but the school won't announce anyone is coming back unless they stated they weren't (like CO last year).

Any type of announcement from the school would be someone not coming back.

« Reply #86 on: April 16, 2015, 01:38:40 PM »

That is good and fine but the school won't announce anyone is coming back unless they stated they weren't (like CO last year).

Like I said, wait for it. Doesn't matter what is said on Twitter unless it's a quote from staff or SJU.

« Reply #87 on: April 16, 2015, 01:41:03 PM »

Disputing “left in such disarray” and “special circumstances” (within the context of a turnover in staff). Using Jarvis as an example to make that point.

« Reply #88 on: April 16, 2015, 01:42:22 PM »

Like I said, wait for it. Doesn't matter what is said on Twitter unless it's a quote from staff or SJU.

Agree doesn't matter what is said on Twitter. Disagree that school will announce which kids are coming back.

« Reply #89 on: April 16, 2015, 01:42:38 PM »

Disputing “left in such disarray” and “special circumstances” (within the context of a turnover in staff). Using Jarvis as an example to make that point.

I would consider a roster full of walkons and 2 malcontents "disarray"

« Reply #90 on: April 16, 2015, 01:46:39 PM »

Yes, the roster is not ideal. The program does not appear to be in great disarray.

« Reply #91 on: April 16, 2015, 01:47:46 PM »

Yes, the roster is not ideal. The program does not appear to be in great disarray.

Not anymore, yes

desco80

« Reply #92 on: April 16, 2015, 02:10:47 PM »

Agree doesn't matter what is said on Twitter. Disagree that school will announce which kids are coming back.

Not an actual "announcement", but one of the assistants will text Zach or Zags and tell them that Rysheed is back, and they'll run a story about how thats more good news for SJU basketball.

« Reply #93 on: April 16, 2015, 02:20:05 PM »

Not an actual "announcement", but one of the assistants will text Zach or Zags and tell them that Rysheed is back, and they'll run a story about how thats more good news for SJU basketball.

Exactly. Wait for a quote from staff. Not from Jordan

« Reply #94 on: April 16, 2015, 02:25:36 PM »
@____whynot
Feel good to be back in NYC !!!!!

https://twitter.com/____whynot/status/588769626185662464

« Reply #95 on: April 16, 2015, 02:26:27 PM »
@____whynot

Doesn't count. Not from staff.

DFF6

« Reply #96 on: April 16, 2015, 02:27:42 PM »
@____whynot

LOL!  I believe this picture in on campus.

« Reply #97 on: April 16, 2015, 02:31:11 PM »

« Reply #98 on: April 16, 2015, 02:33:33 PM »
@____whynot

Spring break just end?

LOL.  was thinking the same thing.  maybe when he said "NYC i'm coming back" he meant, coming back this week...

Tha Kid

« Reply #99 on: April 16, 2015, 02:36:38 PM »
@____whynot

Spring break just end?

LOL.  was thinking the same thing.  maybe when he said "NYC i'm coming back" he meant, coming back this week...

He specifically tweeted the following:

NYC RYSHEED JORDAN WILL BE BACK FOR NEXT SEASON

AND he tweeted at Brandon Sampson "let's go let's rock the Garden".

But yeah it's probably just about spring break.

Until Chris Mullin sets up his instagram account and posts a picture, on a wednesday, with Rysheed and Louie sharing a cannoli after dinner, I won't believe Rysheed is returning.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 02:37:02 PM by Tha Kid »
"I drink and I know things"