Jordan coming back...

• 343 replies

DFF6

Re: Jordan coming back...
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2015, 09:15:22 AM »
Hope this is right. But I have my doubts

Doubts about what Jordan tweeted?  Seems pretty clear, which is surprising given that I don't understand about 95% of his tweets that are posted here.

TONYD3

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2015, 09:18:30 AM »
I think he would prefer to go to the nba. Just like most of us. He smartly realized that he couldn't go to the NBA like most of us. And he went back to college. He has an amazing opportunity next year. Hoping he realizes it.

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2015, 09:18:41 AM »

Doubts about what Jordan tweeted?  Seems pretty clear, which is surprising given that I don't understand about 95% of his tweets that are posted here.

I'm waiting for announcement from SJU

Wods317

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2015, 09:23:13 AM »

Will they really make an announcement to say a player is returning when the player already announced it? A formal announcement would seem odd.

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2015, 09:23:42 AM »

are your doubts about Rysheed's commitment or the staff's toward him?

TONYD3

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2015, 09:25:00 AM »
He is sophomore going into his junior year. What announcement will they make? He says he is coming back. As long as he is in good acdemic standing, he just comes back. No announcement.

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2015, 09:25:34 AM »

Will they really make an announcement to say a player is returning when the player already announced it? A formal announcement would seem odd.

Doubt the school would make such an announcement.

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2015, 09:32:26 AM »
I'm in Baldi's camp.  Not expecting a press release from the school but some kind of acknowledgement of his return would signal that Mullin approves.

hnk

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2015, 09:34:03 AM »
Too bad he doesn't wear short shorts....Coach Mullin could send a signal that way as he did with CO!

Tha Kid

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2015, 09:39:25 AM »

An official announcement from SJU about a player staying who hasnt already declared?  Don't hold your breath....best you can do is wait until April 26 and see Sheed doesnt declare.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2015, 09:41:31 AM »

An official announcement from SJU about a player staying who hasnt already declared?  Don't hold your breath....best you can do is wait until April 26 and see Sheed doesnt declare.

Once the staff acknowledges his statement, then I will believe it.

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2015, 10:00:06 AM »
I don't think the staff has any obligation to announce the return of a junior who never declared for draft, announced a transfer, etc.

hnk

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2015, 10:09:28 AM »
wouldn't you think zags checked with staff before he posted?

Tha Kid

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2015, 10:11:30 AM »

depends if he considers himself a journalist or a blogger.  seems like bloggers these days dont always take the same precautions as true journalists re: sources, etc.  Not a knock on zags, I dont know how he does things, just a general statement.

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2015, 10:12:10 AM »

He would've had a quote if he did

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2015, 10:13:55 AM »
How often do staffs or schools put out press releases when players return to school. Jordan wasn't really an NBA draft pick so there's no point really to do a pomp and circumstance for him coming back. Lets just take it at his word and welcome him back.

« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2015, 10:14:32 AM »

Why because you have had him leaving 1200 times in the last 2 years?

Tha Kid

« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2015, 10:19:02 AM »

Baldi has turned a major corner in terms of being right all the time now on inside info and predictions...but apparently Jordan is his kryptonite.  The kid tweeting he's staying and Baldi still cant let it go.

« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2015, 10:28:35 AM »

Baldi has turned a major corner in terms of being right all the time now on inside info and predictions...but apparently Jordan is his kryptonite.  The kid tweeting he's staying and Baldi still cant let it go.

I am worried about Bluto. He seems to like Mullin, so it will be difficult to turn heel and be Anti Mullin. And if he does choose to go that way, considering how people feel about Mullin I would fear for his safety. Strange times ahead for Bluto.

« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2015, 10:30:42 AM »
If Dunn doesn't come back. I'm confident that he will either buy in or be shown the door. And I think the staff has to be comfortable that he will behave and buy in otherwise not sure if they would take him. Mullin played with and managed a lot of guys who had some baggage.

No I think Rysheed can be better.  He has only been hampered by his psychologically fragile state.   Hopefully he matures up and realizes he should be in for the long haul, not the fast money seat.  He has all the size, athleticism and ability to be an NBA PG.  He just doesn't have it all out together yet.  He can be a first rounder in another year or two, and if he had just piped it down the last year or two, NBA teams wouldnt think he was a head case.  He probably could've left this year as a solid draft pick.
If, by solid draft pick, you mean late second rounder, then he would have a very slight chance.  But really, if Jak didn't get drafted, then how could Sheed?  Add to that his well documented off court troubles, and he has virtually no chance of going in the draft.