Open Practice- October 31

• 55 replies

QuanMan

Open Practice- October 31
« on: October 20, 2015, 09:10:08 PM »
Sources are telling me that the general public can see the new regime for an open practice next Saturday afternoon 12:30 at CA. You can catch me there.
Section 3
Section 116

Re: Open Practice- October 31
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 09:49:07 PM »
Sources are telling me that the general public can see the new regime for an open practice next Saturday afternoon 12:30 at CA. You can catch me there.
Will you be in the Superman, Batman, or QuanMan costume?

Moose

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 10:46:28 PM »

Didn't they advertise this a few weeks ago?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 10:55:15 PM »
This is the first I'm hearing of this. Excited to see how Mullin runs practice.
Something tells me QuanMan is a big Harvey fan and will be sporting a Dark Knight costume.

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 11:17:50 PM »
The 31st is the "Red White Scrimmage". Its on espn3, I dont think its going to be a practice.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Wods317

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2015, 11:20:13 PM »

Yes they did. It's the Red and White scrimmage and it is open to the public for free. They have been marketing in a little bit but seems like it will be a cool throw back event.

Poison

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2015, 09:31:04 AM »

Yes they did. It's the Red and White scrimmage and it is open to the public for free. They have been marketing in a little bit but seems like it will be a cool throw back event.

What do you mean by throw back event?

Wods317

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2015, 09:51:36 AM »

My understanding is that they did this whille Lou was coach and Mullin is brining it back. I'm too young to have been around for that but that what I heard from a couple people. 

Poison

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2015, 11:01:44 AM »

My understanding is that they did this whille Lou was coach and Mullin is brining it back. I'm too young to have been around for that but that what I heard from a couple people. 

Yes, they did. Maybe this means we'll be playing Marathon Oil next?

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2015, 12:20:28 PM »

Moose

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2015, 01:03:43 PM »

Yes, they did. Maybe this means we'll be playing Marathon Oil next?
If you knew why did you ask?  ??? :-\ ::) ;) :) Lou used to run three 20 minute half's for the red-white scrimmage. Remember the marathon Oil exhibition games fondly.  :)

paultzman

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2015, 08:01:50 AM »
"Mint" :)

@JonRothstein: The two guys that I'm hearing have been playing at a real high level for St. John's? Freshman Malik Ellison & JUCO F Darien Williams. #sjubb

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2015, 09:15:41 AM »
JPM114 and I got a chance to talk to both of them at media day. High quality people that seem to be close friends. Darien is Mr. Personality and both are eager to get the season started. We were able to stay a while for the practice that followed. Very impressive, not a minute of wasted time. Get the feeling that we will be able to surprise some teams.

MCNPA

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2015, 02:52:18 PM »

@JonRothstein: The two guys that I'm hearing have been playing at a real high level for St. John's? Freshman Malik Ellison & JUCO F Darien Williams. #sjubb

Great to hear...  We have some talent on this team.  We aren't going to be pushovers.

Poison

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2015, 04:14:57 PM »

Great to hear...  We have some talent on this team.  We aren't going to be pushovers.

Consider the source.

NYCoffey

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2015, 03:51:01 PM »
Just saw minaya's kid is visiting for the scrimmage on Saturday

https://mobile.twitter.com/NYPost_Brazille/status/655406411447447552

Moose

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2015, 03:54:53 PM »

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2015, 07:03:05 PM »
Who else is going on Saturday?? Looking forward to this
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

paultzman

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2015, 07:22:05 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: St. John's expected to have a big group of visitors Saturday for Red-White Scrimmage, I'm told. #sjubb