• 25 replies
Re: Your Starting 5
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2015, 09:53:32 PM »
Lovett
Johnson
Ellison
Jones
Sima

Damn the team needs a PF bad.  Hopefully Williams gets healthy and becomes the player I originally expected him to be.  Just too slow right now.

Jones!?!
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

ras

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2015, 11:02:45 PM »
Loved
Johnson
Ellison
Jones
Sima

Damn the team needs a PF bad.  Hopefully Williams gets healthy and becomes the player I originally expected him to be.  Just too slow right now.
That is disappointing to hear I too was counting on Williams .We are thin in the big dept,  I wasn't counting on much from Jones. That said,  His 15 rebounds in the scrimmage was impressive. Maybe he will surprise us this year.

Marillac

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2015, 12:21:22 AM »
Lovett
Johnson
Ellison
Jones
Sima

Jones!?!

It was painful to even type that.  I don't think Yakwe will be eligible and I am not happy with Williams at this point.  5 rebounds in the scrimmage?  I know he's hurt, but he's the slowest player I've seen since Curtis Johnson. I hope that is just the injury.  One rebound from M'Vouika?  That's nearly impossible in that kind of contest at 6'6 when Christian Jones is acting like Ben Wallace.  It's not like these guys were playing against Duke.

Foad

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2015, 08:56:38 AM »
Lovett
Johnson
Ellison
Jones
Sima

Jones!?!

It was painful to even type that.  I don't think Yakwe will be eligible and I am not happy with Williams at this point.  5 rebounds in the scrimmage?  I know he's hurt, but he's the slowest player I've seen since Curtis Johnson. I hope that is just the injury.  One rebound from M'Vouika?  That's nearly impossible in that kind of contest at 6'6 when Christian Jones is acting like Ben Wallace.  It's not like these guys were playing against Duke.

Jones looks to have grown into his body and seems to be carrying himself differently. Not quite a swagger, but almost. He's always had the tools, what he was missing was the mindset. Three years in, maybe something clicked.

Poison

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2015, 09:50:03 AM »
Lovett
Johnson
Ellison
Jones
Sima

Jones!?!

Jones looks to have grown into his body and seems to be carrying himself differently. Not quite a swagger, but almost. He's always had the tools, what he was missing was the mindset. Three years in, maybe something clicked.

I agree. He was posting up his defender. He needs to develop a jump stop like Glover had, so he's not forced into shooting off balance. If he uses a jump stop in addition to an up and under, he can get closer to the basket and draw contact.  I did see a little energy out of him. He may wind up starting. At worst, I'd say he's Dexter Gray.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 09:51:01 AM by Poison »

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2015, 11:38:22 AM »
Thought Saturday had a cool vibe to it. No frills, just ball. The crowd was sparse but attentive. Based upon my assessments, here's my starting 5 assuming all qualify, which I know is anything but set in stone:

PG- LoVett
SG- Ron
SF- Durand
PF- Yakwe
C- Sima

First off the bench would be Ellison and Moose. CJ has a shot at cracking the rotation. The starting SG spot was debated on my end, Felix and Ellison should compete for minutes w Ron. I didn't see enough of Darien's inside game to warrant him starting over Yakwe, we need rebounds and defense in the BE, and Kass fits the role. Small sample size based off one scrimmage, but I wouldn't mind seeing many rotations mixed in over the next 11 days before Wagner.

two of your starters have not been cleared to play real games yet..

Betting on this starting 5 to start season
SIma
Williams
Johnson
Ellison
Mussini