Thanks Coach Lavin, good luck

• 1170 replies

SJUFAN

Re: Thanks Coach Lavin, good luck
« Reply #380 on: April 15, 2014, 01:38:34 PM »
"Do what you do"

Let's not forget that your, "not positive" and "could be wrong".
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 08:59:40 PM by SJUFAN »

« Reply #381 on: April 15, 2014, 03:35:14 PM »
Baldi, do younger mean literally didn't show up in the locker room?   Or he showed up as an empty suit with no meaningful advice?   
I tend to think it's the latter.   Physically he must've been there, but maybe he wasn't there the whole time.

The 3 guys were talking about Laving being a "no show" in the lockerrom at halftime. The team was looking for guidance etc.. The staff told them "to do what you do". That's exactly what I heard. I guess it can be interpreted either way.
Lavin asked Obekpa if he was ready to go in and then told him he doesn't look ready

If true then wtf did Lav go? To a bar at msg and talk it up with the fans, then 15 later run back to the sidelines?
If that`s true, then he needs to go. Oh that`s right he has two years lefts and they wouldn`t dare buy him out for two years right?  It must be great being a coach at SJU. Do as you want and don`t have to worry about being fired.

But is Baldi`s story true? No idea.

« Reply #382 on: April 15, 2014, 05:13:54 PM »
Baldi, do younger mean literally didn't show up in the locker room?   Or he showed up as an empty suit with no meaningful advice?   
I tend to think it's the latter.   Physically he must've been there, but maybe he wasn't there the whole time.

The 3 guys were talking about Laving being a "no show" in the lockerrom at halftime. The team was looking for guidance etc.. The staff told them "to do what you do". That's exactly what I heard. I guess it can be interpreted either way.
Lavin asked Obekpa if he was ready to go in and then told him he doesn't look ready

If true then wtf did Lav go? To a bar at msg and talk it up with the fans, then 15 later run back to the sidelines?
If that`s true, then he needs to go. Oh that`s right he has two years lefts and they wouldn`t dare buy him out for two years right?  It must be great being a coach at SJU. Do as you want and don`t have to worry about being fired.

" To a bar at msg and talk it up with the fans, then 15 later run back to the sidelines?If that`s true, then he needs to go."

If you actually believe the blind, preposterous speculation you tossed around, you should be permanently "wait listed."  It is one thing to have a statement that was supposedly made, but to extrapolate it out to your hyperbole is irresponsible.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #383 on: April 15, 2014, 06:29:06 PM »
Staying positive: Whitesell will have a full year and the beginning of a season to out his system in place. I will remain optimistic.
-Delarosa may not be a super star but he is a big body that can grab rebounds and be trouble for some teams.
 -In general are two key scorers will be back and hopefully Jordan will not have to deal with as many personal issues as he did last year and that will make him better faster.
-"The scraps" that Lavin is picking up seem line good role players hitch seems like we need more now then another super star at this point, and if we be good supporting blocks for next years big class.
-It looks like these players will have more of defined roles because they are less versatile and want to play within their role.
-We made the tournament in a tougher conference and less talent so there is always hope.
-We now have a president in place (who has been getting rave reviews)  so extension, wait and hold, or moving on talks can start in earnest...When they will start who knows.
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #384 on: April 15, 2014, 07:53:30 PM »

" To a bar at msg and talk it up with the fans, then 15 later run back to the sidelines?If that`s true, then he needs to go."

If you actually believe the blind, preposterous speculation you tossed around, you should be permanently "wait listed."  It is one thing to have a statement that was supposedly made, but to extrapolate it out to your hyperbole is irresponsible.

Well if he wasn`t in the locker room, if it`s true.
Then where was he?

paultzman

« Reply #385 on: April 27, 2014, 08:06:45 AM »
@MrCOB13: All we need is coach Harrick “@Mark_Gottfried @SJUCoachLavin @CoachRomar #nationalchamps http://t.co/yPeVegiJjz

paultzman

« Reply #386 on: May 15, 2014, 01:45:57 PM »
@StJohnsBBall: #SJUBB visits @WFAN660 on Thursday. Here's @SJUCoachLavin with #MikeFrancesa. @BMonzoWFAN http://t.co/ScDkNiCCuR

Poison

« Reply #387 on: May 15, 2014, 02:34:15 PM »
Lavin said he wants to shore up the frontcourt. Thinks we still need another big man. Maybe a wing as well. Lawrence is visiting this weekend, and so is another kid from Texas. IDK the kid's name. Maybe someone else does?

Other recruits are coming. Class isn't finished yet. Kid from Georgia Tech is visiting soon. That's all I got.
Forgot that he also said Thomas is great rebounder, and that he's going to make us tougher.

No promises, but he seemed incredibly upbeat about our recruiting.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 03:59:10 PM by Poison »

« Reply #388 on: May 15, 2014, 02:48:03 PM »
Lavin he wants to shore up the frontcourt. Thinks we still need another big man. Maybe a wing as well. Lawrence is visiting this weekend, and so is another kid from Texas. IDK the kid's name. Maybe someone else does?

Other recruits are coming. Class isn't finished yet. Kid from Georgia Tech is visiting soon. That's all I got.

Lavin said all this?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Poison

« Reply #389 on: May 15, 2014, 03:25:58 PM »
Lavin he wants to shore up the frontcourt. Thinks we still need another big man. Maybe a wing as well. Lawrence is visiting this weekend, and so is another kid from Texas. IDK the kid's name. Maybe someone else does?

Lavin said all this?

Yes he did

« Reply #390 on: May 15, 2014, 04:20:29 PM »

Lavin said all this?

Yes he did

thanks, I didnt think he could say such specific things.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

DFF6

« Reply #391 on: May 15, 2014, 04:30:37 PM »
thanks, I didnt think he could say such specific things.

LOL!

mkras99

« Reply #392 on: May 15, 2014, 04:58:42 PM »
Any way to get archive of interview?

« Reply #393 on: May 15, 2014, 05:08:08 PM »
Lavin said he wants to shore up the frontcourt. Thinks we still need another big man. Maybe a wing as well. Lawrence is visiting this weekend, and so is another kid from Texas. IDK the kid's name. Maybe someone else does?

Forgot that he also said Thomas is great rebounder, and that he's going to make us tougher.

No promises, but he seemed incredibly upbeat about our recruiting.

Wow, had no clue we were a player for Robert Carter. Put up some good numbers. Not sure who the Texas kid is though...

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/61607/robert-carter-jr
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/97355/robert-carter

« Reply #394 on: May 15, 2014, 05:46:16 PM »
Any way to get archive of interview?
look up WFAN's website podcasts for Francesa.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/audio-on-demand/mike-francesa-1/

« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 05:54:56 PM by bball purist »

« Reply #395 on: May 15, 2014, 06:05:40 PM »
I'm confused, how are we involved with all these recruits if Lavin took the recruiting year off?

paultzman

« Reply #396 on: May 15, 2014, 06:11:26 PM »
We're getting played.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 06:30:42 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #397 on: May 15, 2014, 07:05:52 PM »

Lavin said all this?

Yes he did

Come on Poison are you joking?  If you are joking I don't get the joke.

If you are not joking then I assume Coach alluded to the names since he would not be able to talk directly about a recruit or transfer who is not yet signed with SJU.

Also where is the podcast?

« Reply #398 on: May 15, 2014, 07:18:26 PM »

Lavin said all this?

Yes he did

If you are not joking then I assume Coach alluded to the names since he would not be able to talk directly about a recruit or transfer who is not yet signed with SJU.

WFAN will post pieces of today's broadcast as the evening goes along.  There might be 4-5 segments.  Lavs might be in one of the segments - not sure how FAN does it.  Link is in my previous post
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 07:18:52 PM by bball purist »

« Reply #399 on: May 15, 2014, 07:25:22 PM »

Lavin said all this?

Yes he did

WFAN will post pieces of today's broadcast as the evening goes along.  There might be 4-5 segments.  Lavs might be in one of the segments - not sure how FAN does it.  Link is in my previous post

bball did you hear it yourself?