paultzman

Re: Creighton Round 2
« Reply #80 on: February 08, 2015, 09:48:08 AM »
Stewart,
Felix
Sampson
Amar
Obekpa

Funny thing is, if Cluess could start that lineup next year, Baldi would take out his 7th mortgage just to grab a whiff of Cluess' nuts.

#broke
Getting old.

« Reply #81 on: February 08, 2015, 06:28:31 PM »
Once again another fine outing from Phil Greene IV.  Returned to his automatic double digit scoring ways with 13.  This time on a beyond efficient 60% from the floor and 50% from three. Made many very difficult shots look easy in this outing.  Also had one of our way less than usual 3 steals and another infinity Assist/turnover ratio as he had 3 assists and 0 turnovers.

Continues to rank among the leaders in conference play as he's 10th in the league in scoring at 13.6 ppg; 15th in field goal percentage at 46%; 15th in steals at 1.1 per game; 9th in 3 point field  percentage at 42%; and 10th in # of three pointers at 20.

To date he has put together quite an impressive senior campaign.

boo3

« Reply #82 on: February 08, 2015, 06:38:48 PM »
 At some point, before the end of the season, can this infantile Phil Greene is great ( carmine), Phil Greene stinks ( 80% of the board) just end?

Better yet, just give him his own thread, like Baldi has for Cluess... That way people can choose to read the thread or not..

He is what he is... An average, but limited guard.  end of story
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 06:41:02 PM by boo3 »

paultzman

« Reply #83 on: February 08, 2015, 06:54:43 PM »
At some point, before the end of the season, can this infantile Phil Greene is great ( carmine), Phil Greene stinks ( 80% of the board) just end?

Better yet, just give him his own thread, like Baldi has for Cluess... That way people can choose to read the thread or not..

Thank you Boo.

« Reply #84 on: February 08, 2015, 07:21:18 PM »
Amar is going to be good. He should have played way more during the earlier part of the season to get ready for Big East, that's on Lavin.

Also anything know anything on Baby Delarosa?

« Reply #85 on: February 08, 2015, 07:27:02 PM »
Amar is going to be good. He should have played way more during the earlier part of the season to get ready for Big East, that's on Lavin.

Is he good though? I think he seems like he's a big guy who has a nice stroke but really limited athleticism (quickness). Haven't seen much other than he is very willing to set a ball screen.

I didn't see this game though so I could be missing something.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #86 on: February 08, 2015, 07:30:18 PM »

Is he good though? I think he seems like he's a big guy who has a nice stroke but really limited athleticism (quickness). Haven't seen much other than he is very willing to set a ball screen.

I think he's proven to be at the very least a serviceable Big East 4. And he still has room to grow. 

« Reply #87 on: February 08, 2015, 07:31:28 PM »

I think he has plenty of athleticism to go along plenty of size. The fact that he looks comfortable shooting the deep ball just makes him easier to be hopeful about.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 07:31:48 PM by Amaseinyourface2 »
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

boo3

« Reply #88 on: February 08, 2015, 07:39:14 PM »
I'd be happy with a big body that can set screens and play pick and roll... Particularly if he can pick and pop.   Maybe see more of that next year?

« Reply #89 on: February 08, 2015, 07:49:43 PM »
I'd be happy with a big body that can set screens and play pick and roll... Particularly if he can pick and pop.   Maybe see more of that next year?
Sure hope so

« Reply #90 on: February 08, 2015, 08:25:04 PM »
Agree Dave that Amar is slow for this level right now, and his lack of athleticism impairs his ability to score around the hoop.  But he has a nice stroke, is not afraid to throw his body around and has shown at least some rebounding ability.  I think with development he can be at worst a serviceable rotation 4-man at the college level. 

Good post Boo re: Greene, although I think he is somewhere between average and above average at this stage. 

Christian Jones is an enigma.  In my view he has regressed big time from what we saw glimpses of as a freshman.  Total lack of court awareness and seems to have no idea how to use his body/athleticism.  He should be a guy who at this point can rebound and score some around the basket and in the high post area.  The fact that we are resorting to Balamou starting over him, and that Amar and JDR have basically stolen his minutes, speaks volumes.

« Reply #91 on: February 08, 2015, 09:29:10 PM »

Yes. I will cease and desist on my end.  This will be my very last post on the topic.  I will however take the liberty to detail the Triangle's passing of additional SJU luminaries as he continues his ascent on the all-time St. John's University scoring list as that is historic and important.

If 1000 point scorers were average...than there would be more of them.  How many players have ever worn the red and white on Union Turnpike? 500? 1000?  He will probably finish his career around the 30th highest scorer we've ever had.  By definition it's way better than average. He's passing some very special players that I have fond memories of. He's scored a heck lot of points for us and has put together a fine career here in which he's improved every season.  His accomplishments deserves mad respect, not ridicule.

The End

boo3

« Reply #92 on: February 08, 2015, 09:53:16 PM »

Yes. I will cease and desist on my end.  This will be my very last post on the topic.  I will however take the liberty to detail the Triangle's passing of additional SJU luminaries as he continues his ascent on the all-time St. John's University scoring list as that is historic and important.

If 1000 point scorers were average...than there would be more of them.  How many players have ever worn the red and white on Union Turnpike? 500? 1000?  He will probably finish his career around the 30th highest scorer we've ever had.  By definition it's way better than average. He's passing some very special players that I have fond memories of. He's scored a heck lot of points for us and has put together a fine career here in which he's improved every season.  His accomplishments deserves mad respect, not ridicule.

The End

Carmine-  Not knocking Phil... I've been a fan and defended him on here.. However both you and those that take the other-side, both do so to the extreme.. He's not nearly as good as you say nor as bad as your counterparts think..   1,000 pts is great..    He's played a lot of games, a lot of minutes and taken a ton of shots to get there.   

In your opinion, Is he better than Anthony Mason Jr?    I would rated AMjr as a slightly better than average college basketball player.. 
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 09:53:45 PM by boo3 »

« Reply #93 on: February 08, 2015, 10:36:05 PM »

The End

Carmine-  Not knocking Phil... I've been a fan and defended him on here.. However both you and those that take the other-side, both do so to the extreme.. He's not nearly as good as you say nor as bad as your counterparts think..   1,000 pts is great..    He's played a lot of games, a lot of minutes and taken a ton of shots to get there.   

In your opinion, Is he better than Anthony Mason Jr?    I would rated AMjr as a slightly better than average college basketball player.. 

I'm sorry Boo, but I'm unable to answer your question as my post that preceded yours was my last one ever on the topic.

« Reply #94 on: February 08, 2015, 11:56:25 PM »

I think he has plenty of athleticism to go along plenty of size. The fact that he looks comfortable shooting the deep ball just makes him easier to be hopeful about.

Yup, it's all hopefulness but I think he can get to where he is a good player for us that can be depended on.