Creighton Round 2

• 94 replies

Moose

Re: Creighton Round 2
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2015, 07:03:28 PM »
Missed it again.  Do we have new injuries?

Boxscore says 10,749.  That's a great crowd for a 1200 Saturday Creighton game.

Not expecting a great crowd next one at 900 on a Wednesday.  Seton Hall will sell out like the Butler game.

57% from the field; 58% from 3 and 85% from the line.  There's really no shooting better than that.   Everybody shot well but Balawho.

Liquor store again?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2015, 07:52:28 PM »
Missed it again.  Do we have new injuries?

Boxscore says 10,749.  That's a great crowd for a 1200 Saturday Creighton game.

Not expecting a great crowd next one at 900 on a Wednesday.  Seton Hall will sell out like the Butler game.

57% from the field; 58% from 3 and 85% from the line.  There's really no shooting better than that.   Everybody shot well but Balawho.

Liquor store again?

Yes. Knob Creek.

« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2015, 07:55:34 PM »
Creighton thoughts: http://www.bigeastboards.com/

Thanks for the shout out, but I am actually pretty concerned that I may have developed the "ability" to think along with Lavin.

« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2015, 08:19:26 PM »
Now I know why Savior took 21 mostly ill-advised shots against Butler.  It was clearly to sharpen his shooting for this afternoon. It's too bad he suffered that major knee injury against Creighton in the first one.  We might of won it.

« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2015, 09:43:57 PM »
Didn't catch the game but saw Felix, Amar, and Myles all made contributions. How did they play?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

desco80

« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2015, 09:51:03 PM »
Any word on Obekpa?

Moose

« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2015, 09:57:30 PM »
Any word on Obekpa?

He didn't elbow the trainer.

Johnny23

« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2015, 10:22:23 PM »
I must admit, I have to give Lavin credit for this one. To come out with the small lineup was a great move on his part. They totally threw Creighton for a loop. It also gave the team a chance to get Alibegovic, Balamou and some others good minutes and experience.

Lavin better be recruiting bigs immediately. The team will have a glut of 2 guards next year and nothing else.

Moose

« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2015, 10:31:24 PM »
I must admit, I have to give Lavin credit for this one. To come out with the small lineup was a great move on his part. They totally threw Creighton for a loop. It also gave the team a chance to get Alibegovic, Balamou and some others good minutes and experience.

Lavin better be recruiting bigs immediately. The team will have a glut of 2 guards next year and nothing else.

Team likely won't have a glut of anything next year TBH

Johnny23

« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2015, 10:41:28 PM »

If Jordan comes back which he should, that gives them Jordan, the two shooting guard recruits, Balamou and Stewart. That's 5 SG's which is probably too many. Do you not see any of these 5 being on the team next year?

They need size badly and a few PG's.

Moose

« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2015, 10:48:38 PM »

If Jordan comes back which he should, that gives them Jordan, the two shooting guard recruits, Balamou and Stewart. That's 5 SG's which is probably too many. Do you not see any of these 5 being on the team next year?

Your right on the surface.  I don't have confidence in some of them returning.  Can't help but wonder if a walk-on gets a ship somewhere else maybe.  Felix has been jerked around losing a year of eligibility for pure stupidity.  I don't know.

Poison

« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2015, 10:50:18 PM »

Balamou isn't a shooting guard. He's definitely a 3.

« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2015, 10:55:53 PM »

Jay Henderson?

Johnny23

« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2015, 11:00:28 PM »

Your right on the surface.  I don't have confidence in some of them returning.  Can't help but wonder if a walk-on gets a ship somewhere else maybe.  Felix has been jerked around losing a year of eligibility for pure stupidity.  I don't know.

Agreed on Balamou being jerked around. Yeah I can see a few guys leaving maybe. They just need some big bodies to help underneath. A true pg would help the structure of this team so much. Jamal Branch was the closest we had and I was hoping he had another year without Harrison and Greene here.

« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2015, 11:03:58 PM »
Dave - Stewart didn't play until the end when the benches were empty.  Amar was not as active on the glass as normal but played relatively smart and didn't force any shots.  Felix is better off playing more like this year's version of Pointer and not as a guard.  He battled their bigs down low (hence the 4 fouls).  Missed some chippies but most of his shots were at the rim or within 12-15 feet.

We won because Jordan came out on fire, and when he is making 3's and playing relatively under control he is difficult to handle for anyone.  Throw in D-Lo and Dom playing great all around (and Dom being an absolute terror on D) and Phil doing what Phil does with far less shot attempts.  I was just happy we didn't let Baldi's boy Toby go nuts on us again.  Creighton missed shots but we made them put the ball on the floor and almost everyone on that team is not really comfortable doing that.  It just annoys me that we didn't do that the first time because we would have won if we did that even if Jordan's "injury".

Johnny23

« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2015, 11:04:24 PM »

Balamou isn't a shooting guard. He's definitely a 3.

So he's a wing player. Regardless, the point remains.Too many SG's and a huge dearth of big bodies.

« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2015, 11:06:21 PM »
Also, as a fan base, we might as well just accept the fact now that Jordan is not coming back.  The writing is on the wall with that one.  I could envision a scenario where Chris returns though.

« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2015, 11:17:26 PM »
Stewart,
Felix
Sampson
Amar
Obekpa
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 11:21:26 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #78 on: February 07, 2015, 11:25:01 PM »
I hope not Baldi.  If that is the lineup your prediction about us having a new coach next year will be spot on

« Reply #79 on: February 08, 2015, 12:25:01 AM »
Stewart,
Felix
Sampson
Amar
Obekpa

Funny thing is, if Cluess could start that lineup next year, Baldi would take out his 7th mortgage just to grab a whiff of Cluess' nuts.

#broke
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 12:30:28 AM by Ron Artesticles »