JaKarr chatter on Twitter

• 308 replies
Re: JaKarr chatter on Twitter
« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2014, 10:41:03 PM »
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 10:41:25 PM by we are sju »

Marillac

« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2014, 11:01:15 PM »
Am I the only one who isnt too upset about this? I really think for as talented as he is, he hurts the team as much as he helps them. If no one else leaves and we are able to get some transfers or de-pledges ( I guarentee you we will get something) then we will be fine. Time for Jones baby!

Karr I wish you nothing but the best and will root for you throughout your career!

I am with you all the way.  He is flashy...I love his offensive rebounding and dunks, but the kid couldn't defend the four and looked terrible even trying to defend the three.  Let's be honest...one half against McDermott does not make him a good defender.  He got pushed around more than a turnstile at Yankee Stadium.  He was also good for an automatic 3-4 terrible, ill-timed mistakes a game. 

A true PF can replace him and might even give us a little more.   We don't press anyway...this whole fun-and-gun idea never happened. 

« Reply #102 on: March 24, 2014, 11:08:16 PM »
Even though Jakarr says he is committed to pursuing the NBA at this time, maybe in the next few days he'll receive lots of negative feedback on the decision and reconsider.  As other posters have said, declaring his intention isn't the point of no return ... hiring an agent would do that.

« Reply #103 on: March 24, 2014, 11:13:08 PM »
Am I the only one who isnt too upset about this? I really think for as talented as he is, he hurts the team as much as he helps them. If no one else leaves and we are able to get some transfers or de-pledges ( I guarentee you we will get something) then we will be fine. Time for Jones baby!

Karr I wish you nothing but the best and will root for you throughout your career!

I am with you all the way.  He is flashy...I love his offensive rebounding and dunks, but the kid couldn't defend the four and looked terrible even trying to defend the three.  Let's be honest...one half against McDermott does not make him a good defender.  He got pushed around more than a turnstile at Yankee Stadium.  He was also good for an automatic 3-4 terrible, ill-timed mistakes a game. 

A true PF can replace him and might even give us a little more.   We don't press anyway...this whole fun-and-gun idea never happened. 
Who is the true PF? Mystery recruit? Thought those days were over once Norm left.

kob24

« Reply #104 on: March 24, 2014, 11:34:29 PM »
I know Chris people. I don't think they are stupid to have him declare

« Reply #105 on: March 24, 2014, 11:39:17 PM »

WOW, we are in some deep shit now......

« Reply #106 on: March 24, 2014, 11:40:22 PM »
But are they willing to have him sit out a year in hopes that he could develop more and raise his stock somewhere else?

I really hope not, if his post game develops in the offseason a bit like it did during the year I could see him being a 1st round pick next year.

Poison

« Reply #107 on: March 24, 2014, 11:43:21 PM »

Shouldn't he learn how to box out first?

kob24

« Reply #108 on: March 24, 2014, 11:44:26 PM »
I'm hearing Dom gonna declare. And maybe another but that's just rumors right now. But with the year they had I wouldn't put it pass anyone. I like Lav but they had a bad year. He needs to refocus and go full steam on the class of 2015. Alot of studs in that class

« Reply #109 on: March 24, 2014, 11:46:33 PM »
Seemed like a good kid with a good heart and he came back to us when he didn't have to. However, he played the game like he only cared about his draft stock and his quotes in that recent Daily News article confirmed it. Good luck to the kid, but we'll survive this one.

kob24

« Reply #110 on: March 24, 2014, 11:48:22 PM »
Sorry not dom jakarr

mkras99

« Reply #111 on: March 24, 2014, 11:50:15 PM »
Kob - Jakarr already declared. Press release out. It's official.

Poison

« Reply #112 on: March 24, 2014, 11:50:55 PM »
Dom is gonna declare for what? The MAAC?

« Reply #113 on: March 25, 2014, 12:04:31 AM »
What professional team anywhere would want Dom right now?

EDIT: Nevermind, just noticed KOB's correction.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 12:16:35 AM by redstorm212 »

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #114 on: March 25, 2014, 12:10:59 AM »
I hope he knows what he is doing, and I wish him the best of luck.
What I find interesting is that when the rumor came out that he was leaving, the media reports soon came after. So far every other rumoru on the board there has been no follow up from the media. I am not knocking anybody who may have a scoop or inside information (this is why we come to this board) , but for everyone else that equates to a disturbance in the force equates to the empire striking back there is usually more info from somewhere. Everybody rants and raves but to pull the trigger on leaving is a huge deal for a player. Sampson did mentioned that the NBA was on his mind all season so is this a huge shocker? Maybe for the fact that most people feel it is a mistake.

When SJU was struggling the Post reported fractures between Lavin and SJU, but when they started winning that disappeared and a contract extension was talked about in the media...which if their was a fracture I have a hard time thinking the school would acknowledge talks...Not saying he won't leave but where is the media follow up to this...

The sky isominous but I do not think it is falling yet...Though a stress free SJU summer would be welcome and greatly appreciated. Throwing in some greats recruits would be even better.
Cougar O' Malley

Poison

« Reply #115 on: March 25, 2014, 12:18:43 AM »
I hope he knows what he is doing, and I wish him the best of luck.
What I find interesting is that when the rumor came out that he was leaving, the media reports soon came after. So far every other rumoru on the board there has been no follow up from the media. I am not knocking anybody who may have a scoop or inside information (this is why we come to this board) , but for everyone else that equates to a disturbance in the force equates to the empire striking back there is usually more info from somewhere. Everybody rants and raves but to pull the trigger on leaving is a huge deal for a player. Sampson did mentioned that the NBA was on his mind all season so is this a huge shocker? Maybe for the fact that most people feel it is a mistake.

When SJU was struggling the Post reported fractures between Lavin and SJU, but when they started winning that disappeared and a contract extension was talked about in the media...which if their was a fracture I have a hard time thinking the school would acknowledge talks...Not saying he won't leave but where is the media follow up to this...

The sky isominous but I do not think it is falling yet...Though a stress free SJU summer would be welcome and greatly appreciated. Throwing in some greats recruits would be even better.

Never his mind on what he was doing.

« Reply #116 on: March 25, 2014, 01:04:57 AM »
I wish him the best of luck and hopefully he can reprsent SJU on a grander scale like Harkless is doing.

LJSA

« Reply #117 on: March 25, 2014, 05:42:49 AM »
Does Hooper leave/get shown the door since his friend is gone?

DFF6

« Reply #118 on: March 25, 2014, 06:30:35 AM »
From JaKarr's standpoint, he made a mistake. He should have declared last year. At least then his ceiling was higher. I hope he has a great pro career and I am happy he gave us 2 years of solid play.   

gman

« Reply #119 on: March 25, 2014, 07:53:32 AM »
If I'm Lavin, I'm on the phone with the Temple transfer.  Tons of playing time just opening up.  Also need to start looking at some juco's to fill the spot.

Lee already cut his list and most top 2014 jucos are long gone.