JaKarr chatter on Twitter

• 308 replies

ForeverYoung

• king and the pawn end up in the same box
Re: JaKarr chatter on Twitter
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2014, 07:24:43 PM »
This decision did not happen overnight.  I can tell you that Lavin tried to explain and convince him that this might not be the right time.   
What most of you don't understand is that his declaration to NBA is just a "high hope" 
"Carr" is well aware that he is most likely going to NBDL or Europe. 
Kid wants to get paid.  Can't blame him for that.

Dan

« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2014, 07:24:49 PM »
he had over a month to see who else was going to declare so he jumps the gun and hires an agent now, ruining his eligibility?  holy crap I don't care who gave him advice, the kid is an idiot, he's an adult so any advice he received his just that, doesn't mean he has to listen to it.  no fault but his own, just dumb as hell.

Didn't improve much statistically from FR to SO year. Age decreases stock so maybe he felt he's going as high as he can.

Can't say I agree with it but I can understand it

Doesn't make sense to me any way I look at it - he should get his degree and try to play in Europe or the D-League, at least then he'd have a degree to fall back on.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 07:25:09 PM by Dan »

« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2014, 07:24:55 PM »
If we wind up losing Sampson, Obekpa and Jordan, which I'm speculating might be a decent possibility..

We're stuck with Greene, Harrison, Pointer, Branch, Jones, Balamou, Hooper.

If Sampson, Obekpa and Jordan all leave....Lavin will be next.

We will be last place in BE, no questions asked.

On the flip side, if Jakarr does for some reason get first round, you know Lavin is going to sell the SHIT out of that to the 2015 class.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 07:28:23 PM by Ron Artesticles »

mkras99

« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2014, 07:27:56 PM »
Isn't this a good thing for all the guys that want Lavin gone?

ForeverYoung, where are the top 50 recruits you said were coming?

QuanMan

« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2014, 07:29:13 PM »
2 HS post grad years at Brewster, 2 with the squad. He's already 21 and wants to help his mother.

We have one of the best recruiters in the country, who's NBA list will grow this year and next.

Wish Jak nothing but good luck and think that he'll be getting paid to play well into his 30's.

Character individual who just like Moe, will make the program proud.

Can't wait for Lavs and Tony to hit the Spring Circuit with roster spots to fill.
Section 3
Section 116

paultzman

« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2014, 07:29:33 PM »
If we wind up losing Sampson, Obekpa and Jordan, which I'm speculating might be a decent possibility..

We're stuck with Greene, Harrison, Pointer, Branch, Jones, Balamou, Hooper.

If Sampson, Obekpa and Jordan all leave....Lavin will be next.

We will be last place in BE, no questions asked.

On the flip side, if Jakarr does for some reason get first round, you know Lavin is going to sell the SHIT out of that to the 2015 class.

First round in Pluto NBA. Come on!

« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2014, 07:30:24 PM »
I honestly would love to see Linda's response to this.

;D :D

« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2014, 07:31:34 PM »
Wow the sky is always falling here isn't it. Everyone calm down. Its like the NFL ( pre- draft) where transfers haven't even started and there are some JCs and recruits still undeclared. Is Jakarr leaving a mistake, sure it probably is but for him I hope he makes it big ( would help our profile also) . But really how many games did he disappear this year? The only game I remember him "owning" was the creighton game locking down McDermott defensively . Lets calm down and see how it all transpires before we do a brodie off the brooklyn bridge as always
or get Bodie-d off the Bmore streets...."

It is a crazy rumor until I actually see JaKarr put his name in the ring.  Even at that point, he would wisely get some NBA evals which most likely would say "work on A, B and C...," then let's talk about the draft.

The Wire - Chris and Snoop Vs. Bodie
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 07:33:28 PM by bball purist »

« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2014, 07:32:33 PM »
2 HS post grad years at Brewster, 2 with the squad. He's already 21 and wants to help his mother.

We have one of the best recruiters in the country, who's NBA list will grow this year and next.

Wish Jak nothing but good luck and think that he'll be getting paid to play well into his 30's.

Character individual who just like Moe, will make the program proud.

Can't wait for Lavs and Tony to hit the Spring Circuit with roster spots to fill.

can disagree with Karr's character, seems like a very nice , likable kid. As far as the spring circuit I dont know whats left out there to fill next season. We are very small right now.

Poison

« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2014, 07:41:48 PM »
I like Jakarr a lot. He's got a great attitude. Except for when he went for that guy's throat on Robert Morris after fouling him on a made 3 point shot. I think in time Jakarr may play in the league, but personally, I don't see it.

He's not confident enough or even the least bit capable facing the basket from the top of the key, and he doesn't rebound well. If he actually goes through with this, I feel badly for him, because I can't think of one NBA or NBDL forward that he should play over. Not one.

« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2014, 07:43:01 PM »
Personally, I think this is the one loss we can absorb for next year. Don't think much of him as a player. Good kid, was impressed he stuck with us after the RISE incident but as a player, not my type at all.

He was 1 of 3 shot creators on the team. Good % of offense.

Dave,

He is a finesse mid-range jump shooter. That's what he was last year and that's what he still is. Create what? He gets in pick and pop situations. He doesn't take contact well. He doesn't finish near the rim. He never posts up. He never makes the right decision on the break. His ball handling is a circus. He doesn't attack the rim. I like Jakarr a lot, but c'mon. His game is just not that impressive right now.

Now the real issue to me is he probably just felt that Lavin and staff weren't going to take his game any further so he got out now. That's not a terrible decision based on the player development we have seen under Lavin.

« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2014, 07:44:52 PM »
If he believes that spending his entire waking life training to become better basketball player, working with professional coaches without NCAA restrictions and class to worry about, isn't it better to better for development to go to the D-League or to Europe?  Oh, and he can get paid while doing it.  I completely understand and probably would do the same thing. 

We will be bad next year.

« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2014, 07:46:07 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: JaKarr Sampson will be signing with an agent. Press conference tomorrow. wow. #sjubb

D league guys need agents? Or is he going overseas?

paultzman

« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2014, 07:46:24 PM »
Personally, I think this is the one loss we can absorb for next year. Don't think much of him as a player. Good kid, was impressed he stuck with us after the RISE incident but as a player, not my type at all.

Dave,

He is a finesse mid-range jump shooter. That's what he was last year and that's what he still is. Create what? He gets in pick and pop situations. He doesn't take contact well. He doesn't finish near the rim. He never posts up. He never makes the right decision on the break. His ball handling is a circus. He doesn't attack the rim. I like Jakarr a lot, but c'mon. His game is just not that impressive right now.

Now the real issue to me is he probably just felt that Lavin and staff weren't going to take his game any further so he got out now. That's not a terrible decision based on the player development we have seen under Lavin.

Your last paragraph makes tremendous sense.

« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2014, 07:49:21 PM »
If he believes that spending his entire waking life training to become better basketball player, working with professional coaches without NCAA restrictions and class to worry about, isn't it better to better for development to go to the D-League or to Europe?  Oh, and he can get paid while doing it.  I completely understand and probably would do the same thing. 

We will be bad next year.
Don't guys in the D League make about 40 k per year on average (outside of the dropped down 2nd rounders with guaranteed money)?

« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2014, 07:49:37 PM »
Terrible decision. Makes absolutely no sense. He has to work on a lot to be a NBA player.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 07:50:58 PM by Save The Hero »

« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2014, 07:51:00 PM »
This decision did not happen overnight.  I can tell you that Lavin tried to explain and convince him that this might not be the right time.   
What most of you don't understand is that his declaration to NBA is just a "high hope" 
"Carr" is well aware that he is most likely going to NBDL or Europe. 
Kid wants to get paid.  Can't blame him for that.
If his name was Carr, I would be less concerned. If his first name was Austin, that is.

Like many have said, he will merely get evaluated by the scouts, and not throw hat into the ring.  Or announce he will be entering the NBDL/Europe outright.  That would be the truth anyway. 
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 07:52:45 PM by bball purist »

« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2014, 07:51:54 PM »
If I'm Lavin, I'm on the phone with the Temple transfer.  Tons of playing time just opening up.  Also need to start looking at some juco's to fill the spot.

« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2014, 07:52:14 PM »
Who are our big men next year now? Is Obekpa for sure staying?

« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2014, 07:53:41 PM »

Dave,

I'm not chalking this up as devastating but it is a step backwards for the program. Was I wrong with what I said? Outside of Jordan, Harrison or Sampson who can have the ball in their hands and make a shot? Sampson was excellent jab step to pull up or rip thru to drive towards basket. I'm shocked the team didn't feed him more at times because he was such a mismatch.

Did he ever look for a teammate? No.
Was he bad at spacing on break? Yes (cost him game winning layup in BET)
Was a good rebounder? Not really.
Did he a good defender? Sometimes

He wasn't perfect player and he could have been better. I'm surprised he's declaring this year with projected field.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle