JaKarr chatter on Twitter

• 308 replies

MCNPA

Re: JaKarr chatter on Twitter
« Reply #160 on: March 25, 2014, 03:20:08 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: Lavin said the focus remains on 2015 and 2016 for recruiting. Actively recruiting, but like this roster even with Sampson leaving. #sjubb

*Eye roll*

What is Lavin thinkin saying these things?  We don't matchup up with anybody at all in the frontcourt.  He likes our roster as is?  Our only forwards being 6'4" Sir Dom and Christian Jones?  We are in disastrous shape for next year.  We have 4 open ships and no frontcourt.  Starting from scratch again, and Lavs screwed us with this 14' class.  Now he's feeding us a load of crap.  He should stay silent instead of playing us al for fools.  We all know we don't match up with anybody.  Not even close.  And Jakarr is a huge loss. 

cjfish

« Reply #161 on: March 25, 2014, 03:28:09 PM »
Sampson showed no improvement his 2nd year and now he thinks he can go to the NBA!?  He may not even be an average D league player.  WHat is he thinking and, of course, who is he listening to?  He is lucky if he gets drafted in the 2nd round.  Team starting to look like a total joke next year.  Obviously going to be guard oriented but who is going to rebound?  Mr Happy may be depressed but given his act, he is putting a positive spin on it. 

« Reply #162 on: March 25, 2014, 03:29:22 PM »
IF we all remember a year ago, Sampson flirted with the draft a bit. I'm sure he was wanting to go, but figured he could really cement a good draft spot this year. That didn't happen, and I think his mind was made up before the season he was gone after this one.

The one cliche thing that kind of ticked me was the comment about finishing up his degree.

MCNPA

« Reply #163 on: March 25, 2014, 03:34:04 PM »
I'm officially done with Lavin.  His comments are absurd.  I can't quite believe he is saying these things.  He should have just shut up.  We have no frontcourt at all.

paultzman

« Reply #164 on: March 25, 2014, 03:35:30 PM »
I'm officially done with Lavin.  His comments are absurd.  I can't quite believe he is saying these things.  He should have just shut up.  We have no frontcourt at all.

Yep & we are about to get even shorter.

« Reply #165 on: March 25, 2014, 03:39:08 PM »

WOW. This is even more shocking than Sampson decision.
Are you sure you guys can't work things out?

MCNPA

« Reply #166 on: March 25, 2014, 03:42:51 PM »

I was fine with Lavin but he needs to recruit and win.  His comments now are ridiculous.  He failed on the recruiting trail this which we can't afford.  I was hoping for some big springtime signings, but that doesn't appear imminent this time.  Can't wait for a frontcourt of sir'dom, Christian jones and Max Hooper next year!!!

desco80

« Reply #167 on: March 25, 2014, 03:45:17 PM »

This is how bad things are.

A year ago today could anybody have imagined a scenario in which MCNPA would've been fed up with coach Lavin?    Short of Lavin murdering numerous people or taking the Syracuse job, it would've been hard to picture this.

But that just goes to show what this program's fans have been put through over the last 12 months.   And now Obekpa?   yipee

MCNPA

« Reply #168 on: March 25, 2014, 03:47:59 PM »

A year ago today could anybody have imagined a scenario in which MCNPA would've been fed up with coach Lavin?    Short of Lavin murdering numerous people or taking the Syracuse job, it would've been hard to picture this.

But that just goes to show what this program's fans have been put through over the last 12 months.   And now Obekpa?   yipee

Yeah...  Our prognosis is grave.  We won't be competitive next year. 

Best case scenario is that we let him go,  grab a fantastic X's and O's guy like Mckillop and fill some of these scholarships with some steady underrated kids like Robert Morris just beat us with.   Can't extend Lavin at this rate imo.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 03:50:48 PM by MCNPA »

Marillac

« Reply #169 on: March 25, 2014, 03:52:14 PM »

Best case scenario is that we let him go,  grab a fantastic X's and O's guy like Mckillop and fill some of these scholarships with some steady underrated kids like Robert Morris just beat us with.   Can't extend Lavin at this rate imo.

We will be competitive next year.  People are overreacting. 

« Reply #170 on: March 25, 2014, 03:54:25 PM »

I was fine with Lavin but he needs to recruit and win.  His comments now are ridiculous.  He failed on the recruiting trail this which we can't afford.  I was hoping for some big springtime signings, but that doesn't appear imminent this time.  Can't wait for a frontcourt of sir'dom, Christian jones and Max Hooper next year!!!

See of all the things Lavin has done since he has gotten here:
Suspending his best player
Signed a bunch of ineligible players
Phil Greene point guard
Circle offense
Transfers
Starting walkons in big games
Only making the tourney with Norm's guys
Nonsensical quotes and hyperbole

Breaking MCNPA is by far the worst thing he has done.
FOR SHAME!

desco80

« Reply #171 on: March 25, 2014, 03:56:24 PM »

I agree.  Find somebody who is first and foremost a basketball coach, and is at home in a gym with a whistle around his neck.   
Then his staff has to do what they can to find a juco big man or two.   I think if you can find just 2 decent big men.. a team of Harrison and Jordan could be coached to .500 or better in conference play.     A lot of things would have to fall right (no injuries, improvement from Dom/Jones/Greene) but its possible.    We can't be a sweet 16 team or anything like we've hoped for... but we can be an average team.

In the meantime recruit the hell out of 2015, and start to build the program the way you want it.   Damn, its sad that we're talking about rebuilding already.

desco80

« Reply #172 on: March 25, 2014, 03:57:39 PM »

We will be competitive next year.  People are overreacting. 

Not the way we hoped.    This was a group we expected to get a tournament bid this year and next.  At minimum.
No Sampson and Obekpa = no NCAA.     

(not to mention Sanchez and Gift's mins are being replaced by ADR who I'm not sure is ready for that)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 03:58:26 PM by desco80 »

« Reply #173 on: March 25, 2014, 04:00:34 PM »
been on the Lav bandwagon all season.

My stop just arrived, and damn am I off, if the admin gives this guy an extension, we're going to regret that for a VERY long time.

If Obekpa goes, can't imagine how coach keeps his job.....

Marillac

« Reply #174 on: March 25, 2014, 04:06:46 PM »
CO is far more important than Sampson.  Keep him and things will be fine if Lavin can pickup some transfers.

« Reply #175 on: March 25, 2014, 04:09:12 PM »
CO is far more important than Sampson.  Keep him and things will be fine if Lavin can pickup some transfers.

Depends which CO shows up to play.

desco80

« Reply #176 on: March 25, 2014, 04:09:14 PM »

I agree.   But I don't think he's keeping Obekpa.

« Reply #177 on: March 25, 2014, 04:10:10 PM »

Marillac playing the roll of Chip(Kevin Bacon) from Animal House.
"Remain Calm, all is well, all is well"
Unfortunately, Chip was tragically steamrolled.

« Reply #178 on: March 25, 2014, 04:13:08 PM »

Transfers are meaningless if they can't play right away.

« Reply #179 on: March 25, 2014, 05:24:35 PM »

I agree.  Find somebody who is first and foremost a basketball coach, and is at home in a gym with a whistle around his neck.   
Then his staff has to do what they can to find a juco big man or two.   I think if you can find just 2 decent big men.. a team of Harrison and Jordan could be coached to .500 or better in conference play.     A lot of things would have to fall right (no injuries, improvement from Dom/Jones/Greene) but its possible.    We can't be a sweet 16 team or anything like we've hoped for... but we can be an average team.

In the meantime recruit the hell out of 2015, and start to build the program the way you want it.   Damn, its sad that we're talking about rebuilding already.

I think a backcourt of Rysheed, Dlo, and Jamal with any two other division 1 big men can easily be a .500 team in our  conference. Im not worried about that. Im worried about the bigger picture if Obekpa leaves. Our roster will look like Dlos freshmen year all over again.

If obekpa stays I am not worried about next years roster. I am worried about next years coach. Thats it.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.