Mustapha Heron - Auburn Transfer - ST. JOHN’S

• 289 replies
Re: Mustapha Heron - Auburn Transfer
« Reply #260 on: May 31, 2018, 08:07:19 PM »
Great job by staff

Re: Mustapha Heron - Auburn Transfer
« Reply #261 on: May 31, 2018, 08:08:17 PM »
very excited to have Mustapha. Hopefully being close to home gives him peace of mind with his mother. Hopefully SJU and their ties to NewYork-Presbyterian Queens Hospital can be of assistance if need be

Re: Mustapha Heron - Auburn Transfer - ST. JOHN’S
« Reply #262 on: May 31, 2018, 08:17:39 PM »
Fire Mullin.

Johnny23

« Reply #263 on: May 31, 2018, 08:33:42 PM »
Big-time addition. Now let's get him eligible for next season. Great job by Matt and staff.

QuanMan

« Reply #264 on: May 31, 2018, 08:34:31 PM »
A landmark day for the program. One of the highest rated players that we've had on campus in the era of online player rankings. Hardship granted we form one of the best front court tandems assembled in the history of our program, potentially 3 NBA prospects in Justin, Shamorie and MH.

Our depth chart just got that much more versatile and the pressure to dance in March is now through the roof. March or bust. Big East Saturday Night or bust. Get your season tickets now while you can. Props to Matt and the entire staff, WE ARE.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #265 on: May 31, 2018, 08:38:31 PM »
Watched him a bunch this year. He played the 4 for Auburn regularly. He’ll be great next to Simon/Clark/Figueroa in “small ball” lineup.

Get him eligible and we are cookin

MCNPA

« Reply #266 on: May 31, 2018, 08:41:27 PM »
Might as well watch some highlights... vs UConn...😂😂

https://youtu.be/QuwZnmGtFIc

MCNPA

« Reply #267 on: May 31, 2018, 08:43:18 PM »
Watched him a bunch this year. He played the 4 for Auburn regularly. He’ll be great next to Simon/Clark/Figueroa in “small ball” lineup.

Honestly can’t even call it “small ball”. All those guys are 6’5” or above and strong, athletic players.  We are built a bit more like a Nova team actually now, without maybe one more good big guy up front.  Our depth at spots 1-4 is fantastic... and it’s skilled depth.

paultzman

« Reply #268 on: May 31, 2018, 08:44:32 PM »

goredmen

« Reply #269 on: May 31, 2018, 08:48:19 PM »
Biggest week for the program in quite some time. I'm kind of expecting something terrible to happen because multiple good things like this happening in such a short amount of time aren't the norm around these parts

MCNPA

« Reply #270 on: May 31, 2018, 08:53:13 PM »
Zach B posted waiver guidelines;
https://www.athleticscholarships.net/ncaa-transfer-exceptions.htm

As a medical practitioner, the NCAA wanting to sort through his mom’s “hefty” medical record seems entirely wrong to me.  Maybe they need a diagnosis, a letter and history of visits to the doctor,  but having to look through her charts as laypeople?  Absurd imho..  it’s for a waiver to play a sport.

TONYD3

« Reply #271 on: May 31, 2018, 08:57:58 PM »

Shorter arrest?

MCNPA

« Reply #272 on: May 31, 2018, 09:07:37 PM »

Shorter arrest?

He’s nothing like Artest.  He’s a huge SG that can handle with both hands.  He’s not your average “good” recruit.  His physical size, strength at SG is blue-chip stuff.  More like Rashad McCants from UNC a few years back, and Heron is bigger. 

« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 09:14:00 PM by BigRedEd »

« Reply #274 on: May 31, 2018, 09:23:12 PM »
This is awesome! If Heron gets the waiver and is eligible NOW I agree this may be one of the most talented rosters we've had in the last 20 years

goredmen

« Reply #275 on: May 31, 2018, 09:53:16 PM »
Don't want to get ahead of myself here but with Heron's quotes that he would be ok sitting out a year and wants to get his degree make me think that he won't necessarily bolt to the NBA next year

MCNPA

« Reply #276 on: May 31, 2018, 09:57:00 PM »
Don't want to get ahead of myself here but with Heron's quotes that he would be ok sitting out a year and wants to get his degree make me think that he won't necessarily bolt to the NBA next year

He said he’s in it for the long run and seems really straight-up.  He said sit out or not he’s here.  Could always change, but I like him addressing it right off the bat..

« Reply #277 on: May 31, 2018, 10:51:29 PM »
wow! great news! Good luck to Mustapha and prayers for his Mother. Hopefully she sees better health in the future.

« Reply #278 on: June 01, 2018, 02:39:04 AM »
Welcome Gil Scott!

If eligible my favorite basketball player of all-time and one of my personal heroes would appear to have a legitimate shot at coaching success.

Nothing would please me more.

TONYD3

« Reply #279 on: June 01, 2018, 07:57:36 AM »

Shorter arrest?

He’s nothing like Artest.  He’s a huge SG that can handle with both hands.  He’s not your average “good” recruit.  His physical size, strength at SG is blue-chip stuff.  More like Rashad McCants from UNC a few years back, and Heron is bigger. 
Ok thanks.