Isaiah Whitehead - SG - Lincoln HS - Brooklyn, NY - SETON HALL

• 1472 replies

gonzalo

Isaiah Whitehead - SG - Lincoln HS - Brooklyn, NY - SETON HALL
« on: December 28, 2010, 01:45:13 AM »
http://twitter.com/TheRecruitScoop/status/19169667767607296

Xavier, Pittsburgh, USC & St. John's are the schools getting involved in the recruitment of Lincoln (NY) star freshman Isaiah Whitehead.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 03:14:19 PM by jumpinjohnny »

Moose

Re: Isaiah Whitehead - SG - Lincoln HS - Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 02:26:12 PM »
Update today from Reggie Rankin sounds about the same.

http://twitter.com/ReggieRankin/status/28526413103497216

Whitehead says USC, St. John's, Pitt and Xavier are on his early list.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 03:32:33 PM »
He's very good and played well yesterday in front of a host of Big East coaches.
A lot of runners will be all over him.

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 11:45:39 PM »
physically he's ahead of the curve. He didn't play that well when I saw him at the Boardwalk but he didn't play much either. Everyone raves about him being "next"
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 02:09:04 PM »
He's a 16 year old freshman. He just made the next USA Developmental Team, which is a big honor. These are the next big players to come out of the USA--and two of the 24 are from Brooklyn.

http://www.usabasketball.com/mens/u16/201112_usa_basketball_mens_d_2011_03_24.html

Moose

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 02:39:57 PM »
He's a 16 year old freshman. He just made the next USA Developmental Team, which is a big honor. These are the next big players to come out of the USA--and two of the 24 are from Brooklyn.

http://www.usabasketball.com/mens/u16/201112_usa_basketball_mens_d_2011_03_24.html

So he's behind based on his age, no?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 02:43:34 PM »

So he's behind based on his age, no?
Yeah, most of his peers (class) are 15 or 14.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 12:16:57 PM »
Aside: amazing the amount of talent in Chicago every year. Sheez. 4 from Whitney Young + Simeon together.

Booksnball

• "Success Comes To Those Who Prepare for It through
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2011, 03:03:34 PM »
He has the total package-(GREAT size-total skillz set & ooozzzes LEADERSHIP) NOW & age factor isn't relevant given the "prep" school factor of so many national players.

When I say he has the "total' package-I want to emphasize his academic status. He's an EXCELLENT student & has both parents involved for all the right reasons. He'll end up being a NATIONAL recruit of the highest order. USA team selection elevates him there already.

Has outstanding attitude and displays great leadership from opening tip of getting HIS team involved & taking over in crunch time when needed. He should be a priority recruit for coach Lavin & staff from NOW until the day he signs his NLI in 2014. If the SJU resurgence continues under CoachLavin (NO reason it shouldn't) & SJU is annually 1-2-3 in BIG EAST-then IF Isaiah WANTS TO STAY HOME-then SJU should be that spot. Will be a joy to watch for next 3 years in NYC PSAL.
RK

derk

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2011, 04:08:11 PM »
The kid has all the talent in the world to go along with  true understanding of the game. Sort of the bizarro worlds Lance Stephenson. This kid will be the greatest player to ever come out of Lincoln and yes that does include Shorty Newmark :laugh:

DFF6

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2011, 11:19:30 AM »
According to the NY Post, UNC has already extended an offer to Whitehead.  Not sure if Lavin's magic will work with this recruit, but I sure hope so.  He looks like he could be a great PG/SG combo if you believe the hype surrounding him.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/high_school/basketball/whitehead_drawing_early_interest_2pCtmlN6KWLUNIvgOkSw9I

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2011, 02:31:55 AM »
He is the kid who'll change the NBA rule, He'll be able to vote before he is done with high school. ;)

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2011, 09:55:32 AM »
He is the kid who'll change the NBA rule, He'll be able to vote before he is done with high school. ;)

the majority of highschool seniors can.

How old is he?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2011, 01:47:20 PM »
According to the NY Post, UNC has already extended an offer to Whitehead.  Not sure if Lavin's magic will work with this recruit, but I sure hope so.  He looks like he could be a great PG/SG combo if you believe the hype surrounding him.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/high_school/basketball/whitehead_drawing_early_interest_2pCtmlN6KWLUNIvgOkSw9I

BTW-Anyone see the twitter war between Zach Braziller of the Post who broke the UNC offer and Alex Kline who a day later "broke" the same story?

Braziller basically called Kline out for "stealing" information from others and calling it his own...

mkras99

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2011, 01:55:23 PM »
Did Kline ever end up responding to Braziller (or the countless others who accused him of stealing info)?

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2011, 02:53:22 PM »
Did Kline ever end up responding to Braziller (or the countless others who accused him of stealing info)?

If he did I missed it but you're right there were others (I think Evan Daniels of Scout chimed in on Zach's side) who seemed to corroborate Zach's charge against Alex of stealing scoops and passing them off as his own.

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2011, 04:11:11 PM »
Zach is a great guy. One of the nicest guys in the media always spreading around the love so if he had issues I'm sure they were justified.

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2011, 12:14:22 AM »
Saw him for the first time a few weeks ago at is8.  The kid is the GOODS.  He's incredibly confident and a good leader at a young age.  Almost the opposite of Lance Stephenson in terms of attitude.  REALLY hope that Lavin makes this kid a priority.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap