Jermaine Lawrence - PF - Cincinnati Transfer - Bayside, NY

• 1791 replies

gonzalo

Jermaine Lawrence - PF - Cincinnati Transfer - Bayside, NY
« on: June 20, 2011, 03:04:20 PM »
He appears in the Recruiting page (not forum).

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/high_school/basketball/blossoming_lawrence_shows_bright_bAkYd2CUO3zMQXN1VbePKO

Lawrence, meanwhile, is just starting to get a feel for the recruiting process. During his sophomore year, he received a few offers, from Louisville, South Florida and Virginia Tech. A few more have popped up recently, from Cincinnati, Hofstra, Florida and Fordham. Since college coaches were allowed to make contact on Wednesday, he has already heard from a number of other schools, such as UCLA, Syracuse, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Iowa, Iowa State, Rutgers and Villanova.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 12:00:46 AM by jumpinjohnny »

Re: Jermaine Lawrence - PF - Cardozo HS - Bayside, NY
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 11:51:54 AM »
Coach Chiles is watching him today at Hoop Group according to Nypost twitter.  I think this kid is going to blow up.

Moose

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 08:45:03 AM »
It was a Twitter love fest for this kid yesterday.  You can call it his official coming out party.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 09:13:16 AM »
It was a Twitter love fest for this kid yesterday.  You can call it his official coming out party.

That it was.  It looks like Syracuse and us are really making him a top priority.

Moose

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 09:18:39 AM »

That it was.  It looks like Syracuse and us are really making him a top priority.

Syracuse could have a bit of an inside track with a former Dozo player in James Southerland.  Hopefully all bridges with Naclerio are repaired.

gonzalo

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 10:00:06 AM »
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/high_school/basketball/hoop_group_elite_session_notebook_E7BAbiJ8jXCnBW3iGqnDwJ

Cardozo’s Lawrence stands out: Even with minimal exposure, Jermaine Lawrence had attracted plenty of high-major Division I interest. That figures to double, if not triple, after this week at Hoop Group Elite Session 1.

The bouncy 6-foot-9 forward, who holds offers from Louisville, Cincinnati, South Florida, Hofstra, Fordham and Virginia Tech and interest from Syracuse, Rutgers, St. John’s, Florida, UCLA, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Iowa State, Iowa and Villanova, has been one of the top performers through two days.

He scored in double figures in all three games on Wednesday and was particularly impressive in front of St. John’s assistant Tony Chiles and Syracuse assistants Mike Hopkins and Adrian Autry. He sank 3-pointers, blocked shots and threw down ferocious dunks as part of the dazzling display.

“I’ve been in an environment like this, but never this big – this is a big deal being here,” he said. “It’s a lot of exposure. I try not to pay too much attention to [the college coaches]. I want to keep my head.”

With two years of high school left, Lawrence will have more opportunities to showcase himself. He has a different goal in mind this week.

“MVP, that’s what I want to get,” the Springfield Gardens, Queens native said. “I just have to play within myself and make good decisions.”

MCNPA

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 10:03:08 AM »

Syracuse could have a bit of an inside track with a former Dozo player in James Southerland.  Hopefully all bridges with Naclerio are repaired.

Hey,we had former Cardozo player Ryan Williams as we'll... ;). Wonder if naclerio and slither and are happy with how he's being utilized there?We'll findmout this season.  Regardless, my bet is that Lavin will repair any issues with Ron naclerio if there still is any.  Ron is still a friend of NYC basketball regardless.  Bottom line is he sounds like a player we should be all over and probably are.

Moose

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2011, 10:05:15 AM »

Hey,we had former Cardozo player Ryan Williams as we'll... ;). Wonder if naclerio and slither and are happy with how he's being utilized there?We'll findmout this season.  Regardless, my bet is that Lavin will repair any issues with Ron naclerio if there still is any.  Ron is still a friend of NYC basketball regardless.  Bottom line is he sounds like a player we should be all over and probably are.

I'm going out on a limb and saying Marcus is using a smartphone or iPad or something because your spelling lately has been awesome :)

MCNPA

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2011, 10:08:45 AM »

I'm going out on a limb and saying Marcus is using a smartphone or iPad or something because your spelling lately has been awesome :)

It's not spelling that is a problem...it's typos.  And auto-correct on my iPad.  I see it changed southerland to "slither" this time.  Last time it changed it to "slugger and".  Too lazy to fix typos and just got home from working since 2 pm yesterday.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 10:13:12 AM by MCNPA »

Moose

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2011, 10:14:00 AM »

It's not spelling that is a problem...it's typos.  And auto-correct on my iPad.  I see it changed southerland to "slither" this time.  Last time it changed it to "slugger and".  Too lazy to fix typos and just got home from working since 2 pm yesterday.

As I expected :)

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2011, 11:03:03 AM »
St. John's should inform Jermaine that last winter the City of Syracuse NY received more than 16 feet of snow. 

That  fact may make him not want to spend winters in Syracuse.

gonzalo

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2011, 04:53:25 AM »
According to Coach Naclerio St. John´s has offered a scholarship.

http://twitter.com/#!/CoachNaclerio/status/89363947056140289

More offers: Hofstra, Fordham, South Carolina, Rutgers, Georgetown, Cincinnati, Louisville, Virginia Tech.

gonzalo

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2011, 05:19:52 AM »
http://blog.northstarbball.com/2011/07/07/2013-forward-jermaine-lawrence.aspx

Lawrence said that he currently holds scholarship offers from Louisville, Virginia Tech, Cincinnati, Hofstra, and Fordham. In addition, he is garnering interest from Syracuse, West Virginia, Iowa, Iowa State, Villanova, St. John's, Florida, Miami, and others.

"Well, right now Syracuse, Virginia Tech and Louisville," Lawrence said of his favorites at this point.

gonzalo

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2011, 05:45:26 AM »
According to Rivals he is the 58th best player of 2013 class (May 2011).

http://rivals.yahoo.com/stjohns/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-2752

ris

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2011, 02:19:13 AM »
6'8" Jermaine Lawrence who rockin' at Choz Gym has unofficial visit to St. John's on Friday.

http://twitter.com/#!/NYCHoops/status/106907480793169920

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2011, 10:49:42 PM »
From what little I have seen kid looks like a player. Would not mind at all signing him.

ras

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2011, 06:26:35 PM »
We could use another big. If he is 6"8 now he could be 6"9 + as he enters college.