Jermaine Lawrence - PF - Cincinnati Transfer - Bayside, NY

• 1791 replies

crgreen

Re: Jermaine Lawrence - PF - Cardozo HS - Bayside, NY
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2011, 11:41:18 PM »
Ya know, my UCLA brethern already consider me a traitor for being on these boards (and supporting coach Lavin).   But man, if we take ANOTHER Virginia Tech recruit away from the Hokies (Darrick Wood), I'm not even gonna be safe at home here in Blacksburg, VA!

But perhaps rightfully so - unlike competing with UCLA for recruits, I WANT Coach Lavin to win the battles against Seth :)

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2011, 11:27:20 PM »
Nate Blue on twitter tonight called him a program changer. With Jakarr out of the picture, I would like to see us make Jermaine a priority. We should be all over him.

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2011, 11:47:57 PM »
Nate Blue on twitter tonight called him a program changer. With Jakarr out of the picture, I would like to see us make Jermaine a priority. We should be all over him.

Hopefully Jakarr is the priority

Moose

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2011, 12:01:03 AM »

There comes a point where you have to move on.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2011, 12:23:53 AM »

There comes a point where you have to move on.
And when is that?

LJSA

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2011, 01:08:18 AM »

And when is that?

When rumors of a package deal to Kentucky surface...

ris

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2011, 01:28:31 AM »

I agree.

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2011, 02:06:26 AM »

And when is that?

[/quote

care to elaborate?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2011, 08:27:03 AM »

And when is that?

[/quote

care to elaborate?

Sampson seems to have officially decommitted.  I believe a tweet surfaced from Mitch McGary (I could be wrong) mentioning a possibility of he and Jakarr being a package deal to UK.

Moose

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2011, 08:55:03 AM »

And when is that?

[/quote

care to elaborate?

Sampson seems to have officially decommitted.  I believe a tweet surfaced from Mitch McGary (I could be wrong) mentioning a possibility of he and Jakarr being a package deal to UK.

And then all the media outlets (Zags, Borzello, etc) picked up on it with quotes from Jason Smith, HC of Brewster confirming the news.

« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2011, 01:20:39 PM »
Its called rumors, just because Mitch tweeted that doesn't imply that they will be going to school together or that Kentucky has interest in Jakarr. We are talking about an elite talent and to give up on him this soon doesn't make sense to me

Moose

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2011, 01:26:02 PM »
Its called rumors, just because Mitch tweeted that doesn't imply that they will be going to school together or that Kentucky has interest in Jakarr. We are talking about an elite talent and to give up on him this soon doesn't make sense to me

Everyone brings up Ledo as someone who backed out then came back.  Take aside the fact that it was two different staffs.  It is not common for a kid to back out and then re-committ to the same school.  And from what others are saying it seems like Jakarr is the one that is far off and requires a whole yr at Brewster.  So now your talking about him as 2012 with a whole new set of factors.  Maybe he wants to go somewhere where there isn't competition?  Maybe he doesnt like the fact that the other kids will have yr under their belt and he's a year behind? 

Personally I would move on.  He's backed out and in a sense said he wants to re-evaluate things.  That is fine he is perfectly within the rules and entitled to do so.  I would move on and find someone who is committed to wanting to play for STJ. 

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2011, 01:41:04 PM »

Everyone brings up Ledo as someone who backed out then came back.  Take aside the fact that it was two different staffs.  It is not common for a kid to back out and then re-committ to the same school.  And from what others are saying it seems like Jakarr is the one that is far off and requires a whole yr at Brewster.  So now your talking about him as 2012 with a whole new set of factors.  Maybe he wants to go somewhere where there isn't competition?  Maybe he doesnt like the fact that the other kids will have yr under their belt and he's a year behind? 

Personally I would move on.  He's backed out and in a sense said he wants to re-evaluate things.  That is fine he is perfectly within the rules and entitled to do so.  I would move on and find someone who is committed to wanting to play for STJ.

I understand his reasons for wanting to reopen his recruitment, but what do we have to lose by trying to get him to come back for 2012? More specifically, is their any player in 2012 that we are targeting who is better then Jakarr? Its an opinion but I doubt it

Moose

« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2011, 01:53:57 PM »

I understand his reasons for wanting to reopen his recruitment, but what do we have to lose by trying to get him to come back for 2012? More specifically, is their any player in 2012 that we are targeting who is better then Jakarr? Its an opinion but I doubt it

Why go down the road with him again if only to be left at the altar possibly?  Your right we don't know what 2012 holds for us.  My personal opinion is to move on and I'm sure soon enough you will see a direction from STJ on him whether or not they plan to keep pursuing.

paultzman

« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2011, 02:12:41 PM »
Rational and sensible reply Moose!!

MCNPA

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2011, 08:40:51 PM »
He de-committed... Move on.  Recruit another kid that wants to be here.  We have mo and pointer, two excellent SF's.  We have gathers coming in and now room to recruit more guys that want to be here and fill those needs.  No re-treads.  I wouldn't be against him coming back to SJU, but I don't want Lavin waiting for him.  I'd rather Lavin look to replace him as of yesterday.

Moose

« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2011, 08:45:32 PM »
Ok lets get back to Jermaine Lawrence before Dave and Gumby come looking for us  :knuppel2: :tickedoff:

ris

« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2011, 03:18:14 PM »
Per Zach Braziller:

UCLA, UConn, Kentucky and Kansas State have called @CoachNaclerio about junior forward Jermaine Lawrence, who has a host of Big East offers.

http://twitter.com/NYPost_Brazille/status/119120352923238400