Jermaine Lawrence - PF - Cincinnati Transfer - Bayside, NY

• 1791 replies

NYCoffey

Re: Jermaine Lawrence - PF - Cardozo HS - Bayside, NY
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2011, 03:06:18 PM »
Looks like we had and assistant go to check out Jermaine  Lawrence today, unless there is someone else on Cordozo that we're targeting.

- Herds of college coaches are expected to attend Cardozo coach Ron Naclerio’s annual showcase in Queens on Wednesday afternoon. Assistants from Syracuse, Kansas State, Villanova, Kentucky, UCONN, St. John’s, and Virginia tech have already confirmed their attendance. The Judges’ prime prospect is 6-foot-9 junior forward Jermaine Lawrence but Naclerio uses the event to also help players in his program land opportunities at the Division two and three level as well as junior college.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/10/04/the-rothstein-files-time-is-now-for-former-st-anthonys-star-tyshawn-taylor/

sju89tr

« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2011, 07:23:11 PM »
Nice that Baron Davis keeping Mike Dunlap company at Cardozo   :)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 07:23:42 PM by sju89tr »

« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2011, 08:14:15 PM »

please expand
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

sju89tr

« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2011, 08:26:28 PM »

please expand

Per twitter, Baron Davis was with Mike Dunlap at Cardozo

« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2011, 09:52:48 PM »
gotchya. thanks 89. Cant be a bad thing
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2011, 01:06:23 PM »
I'll see Jermaine this Sunday
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Moose

« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2011, 01:11:51 PM »
I'll see Jermaine this Sunday

Tell him I said Hi.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2011, 04:31:10 PM »
Ive been out of the scene for awhile, but doesnt Ronnie have a deep resentment against us?  I know he was super peturbed when he wasn't considered for a job here when Roberts was hired.  Is he going to send one of his kids here, just not sure how he feels toward us.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 03:45:56 PM by bigmaxnosauce »

« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2011, 08:50:21 PM »
Ive been out of the scene for awhile, but doesnt Ronnie D have a deep resentment against us?  I know he was super peturbed when he wasn't considered for a job here when Roberts was hired.  Is he going to send one of his kids here, just not sure how he feels toward us.
Still comes to many of our games so don't see why he wouldn't want to see one of his former players play and as an alum have a sucessful team. Plus I give the man more credit than to be so petty.

NYCoffey

« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2011, 12:14:11 PM »
Jermaine Lawrence (Brooklyn, N.Y./Cardoza)
2013, PF, 6-foot-8, 220 pounds
He is an athletic power forward who has a great motor and is very active blocking shots, rebounding and scoring. Lawrence is the type of player every team would love to have because he does not need the ball to score and his skill set can fit in any scheme. Overall, look for him to be one of the most highly-recruited big men in the 2013 class on the East Coast.

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/basketball/mens/story?id=7088430&_slug_=hoop-group-top-100-new-york-recap&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fcollege-sports%2frecruiting%2fbasketball%2fmens%2fstory%3fid%3d7088430%26_slug_%3dhoop-group-top-100-new-york-recap

« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2011, 12:15:42 PM »
“We had an open gym about a week and a half ago and roughly 60 schools were there,” said Cardozo assistant coach Wendell Jordan. “Florida, Georgetown, Cincinnati, St. John’s, Rutgers, Villanova, Xavier, and many others were there. A lot of schools have been doing their due diligence with Jermaine.”

Jordan continued, “All of the coaches who were at the open gym and have been keeping in contact with our coaching staff every week and no one school has stood out more than another.”

To this point Jordan hasn’t made many unofficial visits, but this past weekend he did go to St. John’s for their midnight madness festivities.

“We all went down to St. John’s for Midnight Madness,” said Jordan. “It was fun we all had a good time. Tony Chiles has been reaching out every chance that he can get and staying in contact.”

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1119134.html

*He was profiled this week, but make sure to remember the name Jermaine Lawrence. The New York City natives has been drawing rave reviews both for his play at camps and during workouts at his school. Lawrence is also fairly young for his grade, so he has a lot of room for growth potential. Schools such as Florida, Rutgers, St. John’s, Cincinnati, and Xavier have all been up to see him and have made him a priority recruit. St. John’s is especially making a strong push trying to keep him at home.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=75&f=1043&t=8121311

« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2011, 08:55:13 PM »
Was in attendance tonight

NYCoffey

« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2011, 02:24:17 PM »
TheRecruitScoop Alex Kline
2013 Cardozo (NY) forward Jermaine Lawrence had 20 points & 14 rebounds in a season opening win tonight.

Chilleb

« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2011, 02:28:48 PM »
It was a blowout they won by 20+. He needs to add 25 pounds or he'll never be effective on the next level

Moose

« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2011, 02:52:46 PM »
It was a blowout they won by 20+. He needs to add 25 pounds or he'll never be effective on the next level

Interesting take.  Who would you compare him too?  Do you think the staff is wrong to make him priority of the 13 class?

Chilleb

« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2011, 03:01:02 PM »

Interesting take.  Who would you compare him too?  Do you think the staff is wrong to make him priority of the 13 class?
Him along with Jordan Washington are the best prospects in the area for that class, so from the stand point of trying to keep the ny pipeline running I'm in full agreement. I can't think of a comparison at the moment but he's 6'8.5 about 185 at most with very limited perimeter skills. He's definitely a project. The YouTube subscriber "thebasketballdiary " has updated videos of scrimmages and in one of them jermaine's school plays Christ the king featuring another 2013 kid Isaiah Lewis. Take a look, let me know what you think.

Chilleb

« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2011, 03:03:14 PM »
If you guys wanna keep up with jermaine Lawrence stats and Jordan washington's throughout the season go on psal.org , jermaine goes to Benjamin Cardozo and Jordan goes to Pathways.

Moose

« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2011, 07:11:45 PM »

Him along with Jordan Washington are the best prospects in the area for that class, so from the stand point of trying to keep the ny pipeline running I'm in full agreement. I can't think of a comparison at the moment but he's 6'8.5 about 185 at most with very limited perimeter skills. He's definitely a project. The YouTube subscriber "thebasketballdiary " has updated videos of scrimmages and in one of them jermaine's school plays Christ the king featuring another 2013 kid Isaiah Lewis. Take a look, let me know what you think.

Heard more positive things than I have negative for Jermaine.  The opposite is the case with Washington.  Can't say I've seen either in person though just yet.  Will definitely see them this season at some point.

« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2011, 01:38:01 PM »
Per Alex Kline....

2013 Cardozo (NY) forward Jermaine Lawrence had a triple-double today with 15 points, 15 rebounds & 10 blocks.

http://twitter.com/#!/TheRecruitScoop/status/147485511223738369