Jermaine Lawrence - PF - Cincinnati Transfer - Bayside, NY

• 1791 replies
Re: Jermaine Lawrence - PF - Cardozo HS - Bayside, NY
« Reply #260 on: June 12, 2012, 03:22:45 AM »
I lived in Sparta for 8 years before retiring to Fla. Also lived and grew up in the city. Given the choice on where to live I'll take Sparta any day. Beautiful country, clean air and little to no crime. Some of you should take a trip outside the borders of NYC to understand what quality of life means. Much better place for a teenager to grow up and if he decides the SJU is the best place to play more power to him. Take off the blinders and get out of NY occasionally before knocking a lovely community.

« Reply #261 on: June 12, 2012, 03:24:38 AM »
P.S. to above post. Troy Murphy lived and played in Sparta and he hasn't had a bad career.

« Reply #262 on: June 12, 2012, 12:30:40 PM »
I lived in Sparta for 8 years before retiring to Fla. Also lived and grew up in the city. Given the choice on where to live I'll take Sparta any day. Beautiful country, clean air and little to no crime. Some of you should take a trip outside the borders of NYC to understand what quality of life means. Much better place for a teenager to grow up and if he decides the SJU is the best place to play more power to him. Take off the blinders and get out of NY occasionally before knocking a lovely community.

The 'burbs blow!  If I could afford to live in Manhattan, I would.  I lived in Florida for 5 years.  Hell on Earth.

You know the old saying:  Look to your left, look to your right.  One of you is a child molester.
That, my friend, sums up Florida.  That's where the dregs go to hide out from society.

« Reply #263 on: June 13, 2012, 09:24:44 PM »
Florida tourism should incorporate that in some way...

Look to the Left, Look to the Right, One of you is a child molester in sunny Florida!

« Reply #264 on: June 13, 2012, 10:48:42 PM »
don't know how we got on this topic...but just to throw my two cents in before returning to basketball.  retired down to florida a few years ago.  can't beat the winters down here.  but in my heart i'll always be a new yorker.  when i die, i want to be creamated, and have my ashes scattered across canarsie.  go st. johns.

paultzman

« Reply #265 on: June 14, 2012, 01:43:19 PM »
Here we go again! Go get him Tony and Coach L!

“@JonRothstein: Very good. Rutgers also strong. St. John's in mix @CodyTFox  Cincinnati's chances at 2013 stud Jermaine Lawrence?”

MCNPA

« Reply #266 on: June 14, 2012, 01:48:34 PM »
Here we go again! Go get him Tony and Coach L!

“@JonRothstein: Very good. Rutgers also strong. St. John's in mix @CodyTFox  Cincinnati's chances at 2013 stud Jermaine Lawrence?”

We have to land Lawrence.  Great time for it.  He'd have to be crazy myself to want to play for Mike Rice. RU over SJU?   C'mon... Lawrence coming in when this team is starting to peak and he's surrounded by talent would be great for him.  I think Chiles and Lavs will A, B, C it... 

« Reply #267 on: June 15, 2012, 01:06:58 PM »
@MattWhitNBE: Jermaine Lawrence says Rutgers is in his top 3 along with Fla and Cuse.

Ouch.

« Reply #268 on: June 15, 2012, 01:14:16 PM »
@MattWhitNBE: Jermaine Lawrence says Rutgers is in his top 3 along with Fla and Cuse.

Ouch.

Ouch is right.  Not only no SJU, no Cincy as well?

paultzman

« Reply #269 on: June 15, 2012, 01:24:52 PM »
FWIW, told Rutgers and Van Macon have done a great job on this one.

« Reply #270 on: June 15, 2012, 01:27:19 PM »
FWIW, told Rutgers and Van Macon have done a great job on this one.

They have but I was told Savino and Cincy were doing a good job as well.  I am not shocked RU is on it but more shocked that Florida and SU are on it as well.

BTW-He told Borzello the same thing although Borzello says "his top 3 right now" implying that perhaps it is subject to change.  Either way it is disappointing.

paultzman

« Reply #271 on: June 15, 2012, 01:37:43 PM »
I have seen some twitter chatter about a female advisor pushing JL to schools of her desire. Theo may have a handle on who that is. I'm not interested in promoting baseless rumors, but just noting two items I read today. One tweet was sent to Borzello, after he disclosed JL's top three.

In any event, it is early and I am sure staff is not putting all its eggs in one basket.

paultzman

« Reply #272 on: June 15, 2012, 01:56:37 PM »
JR may just be repeating what has been noted in above posts but;

“@JonRothstein: Big news w Jermaine Lawrence trimming his list to Rutgers, Syracuse, + Florida. Cincinnati + St. John's appear to be out.”

gman

« Reply #273 on: June 15, 2012, 01:58:55 PM »

“@JonRothstein: Big news w Jermaine Lawrence trimming his list to Rutgers, Syracuse, + Florida. Cincinnati + St. John's appear to be out.”

That tweet makes no sense. Who is in and who is out?

paultzman

« Reply #274 on: June 15, 2012, 02:03:02 PM »

That tweet makes no sense. Who is in and who is out?

Implying SJU & Cincy out.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 02:22:36 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #275 on: June 15, 2012, 02:04:19 PM »
Wow, this sucks. Was really hoping he'd be our guy for the '13 class. Hopefully we find our way back in the race.

« Reply #276 on: June 15, 2012, 02:23:30 PM »
Many tweets coming out now saying cut down list is not true.

Will cut his list down to 10 in August.

paultzman

« Reply #277 on: June 15, 2012, 02:31:04 PM »
“@JonRothstein: Hard to trust anything you read on twitter in regards to college recruiting. Jermaine Lawrence has NOT cut his list. He prob will in August.”

« Reply #278 on: June 15, 2012, 02:41:25 PM »

A couple of things:

1) From the tweets he did not per se cut down his list.  In other words he did not say, "These are my final 3."  What it sounds like he said was if he was forced to make a decision now it would probably come from one of these 3 schools...RU, SU and UF.  Again that is not the same as cutting down his list to 3.

2) I would like to see how he spins this.  He was clearly quoted as saying these 3 are his top 3 right now.

This is my point about attacking the messenger.  Unless you think Borzello made up what Lawrence said (you remember McCullough telling someone a few months ago UCONN was his dream school and then denying it but does anyone not believe he actually said it?) you can't blame Borzello or anyone else if a few months from now he chooses SJU.  Borzello is just reporting on what he heard in this case directly from the horse's mouth so to speak.

paultzman

« Reply #279 on: June 15, 2012, 02:44:55 PM »

A couple of things:

1) From the tweets he did not per se cut down his list.  In other words he did not say, "These are my final 3."  What it sounds like he said was if he was forced to make a decision now it would probably come from one of these 3 schools...RU, SU and UF.  Again that is not the same as cutting down his list to 3.

2) I would like to see how he spins this.  He was clearly quoted as saying these 3 are his top 3 right now.

This is my point about attacking the messenger.  Unless you think Borzello made up what Lawrence said (you remember McCullough telling someone a few months ago UCONN was his dream school and then denying it but does anyone not believe he actually said it?) you can't blame Borzello or anyone else if a few months from now he chooses SJU.  Borzello is just reporting on what he heard in this case directly from the horse's mouth so to speak.

Agree Fordham! I personally find Borzello to be quite reliable.