Jermaine Lawrence - PF - Cincinnati Transfer - Bayside, NY

• 1791 replies
Re: Jermaine Lawrence - PF - Cardozo HS - Bayside, NY
« Reply #760 on: January 17, 2013, 03:00:55 PM »
Its been said over the past week or two that hes only going to visit us unofficially. 

Bout 6 posts up.

Lawrence on his recruitment: "I'm going to take an official to St. John's soon. Then, after the visit, we'll take a little time to sit down and see what each school has to offer. We'll go from there."

I think your confusing it.  He said he has visited before unofficially a number of times and was looking forward to 'official'.  Thats what I recall.

That quote could have been from a while ago. Paultz posted this a couple pages back:
“@NYPost_Brazille: Told Jermaine Lawrence will take an unofficial to St. John's at end of month and make a decision shortly afterwards (1)”

“@NYPost_Brazille: Lawrence doesn't need an official b/c he lives so close. Also, will make a decision shortly after, likely in early February. (2)”

“@NYPost_Brazille: Also, sources say, no leader, for Jermaine Lawrence, but St. John's does have an "advantage" because it it so close by.”

“@NYPost_Brazille: Of  three schools left -- CIncy, St. John's and UNLV -- St. John's was first school to recruit Lawrence, which means a lot to family. #stjbb”

Looking good."
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Moose

« Reply #761 on: January 17, 2013, 03:01:53 PM »
Its been said over the past week or two that hes only going to visit us unofficially. 

Bout 6 posts up.

Lawrence on his recruitment: "I'm going to take an official to St. John's soon. Then, after the visit, we'll take a little time to sit down and see what each school has to offer. We'll go from there."

I think your confusing it.  He said he has visited before unofficially a number of times and was looking forward to 'official'.  Thats what I recall.

That quote could have been from a while ago. Paultz posted this a couple pages back:
“@NYPost_Brazille: Told Jermaine Lawrence will take an unofficial to St. John's at end of month and make a decision shortly afterwards (1)”

“@NYPost_Brazille: Lawrence doesn't need an official b/c he lives so close. Also, will make a decision shortly after, likely in early February. (2)”

“@NYPost_Brazille: Also, sources say, no leader, for Jermaine Lawrence, but St. John's does have an "advantage" because it it so close by.”

“@NYPost_Brazille: Of  three schools left -- CIncy, St. John's and UNLV -- St. John's was first school to recruit Lawrence, which means a lot to family. #stjbb”

Looking good."

Yeah I remember those.  There was something from Jermaine directly.  Maybe Zags story.  Oh well.  We'll see.
Remember who broke the Slice news

MCNPA

« Reply #762 on: January 17, 2013, 03:10:27 PM »
MCNPA - we are not playing anything remotely looking like face paced attack right now. Unless of course you call dribbling around in circles and taking a lot of forced shots a good offensive system.

What you described is what Coach Lavin might like to play but certianly he is not right now.

We attacked against Notre dame and ran when we had the opportunity.  We also had great spacing and passing for shots.  You obviously should see that just because we have had times our offense has stalled doesn't mean that it the system we run.  Its starting to look better now with Branch at PG. 

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #763 on: January 17, 2013, 03:52:20 PM »
A quote from Eric Bossi in the rivals forums when asked if St. John's was in the lead for Lawrence:

"I think the feeling for a while has been that he would end up at St. John's and at least that's what has been out there for some time. Wouldn't be surprised if it is done sooner than later. Like within next 1-2 weeks, if it goes longer than that I'd be surprised."

paultzman

« Reply #764 on: January 17, 2013, 05:15:39 PM »
Lawrence Expected to Visit St. John’s This Weekend
January 17th, 2013 5:07 pm
Jermaine Lawrence is expected to visit St. John’s this weekend although he is still awaiting confirmation from the staff, sources confirmed to SNY.tv.

The news was first reported by Evan Daniels of Scout com.

St. John’s plays at DePaul at 11 a.m. Saturday, but the Johnnies would be back in New York after that. Monday is a holiday and Lawrence could theoretically stay through part of that day.

The 6-foot-10 Lawrence told SNY.tv last Saturday that he would visit St. John’s sometime soon and then decide soon thereafter.

“St. John’s is close by home, the coaching staff is cool,” he said. “I like their style of play. They get up and down and their power forwards have freedom.”

St. John’s head coach Steve Lavin is a strong closer and he will have the last visit after Lawrence already took officials to Cincinnati and UNLV.

As he does with all recruits, Lavin will emphasize his staff’s ability to get players to the NBA (Moe Harkless); the fact that St. John’s plays games at Madison Square Garden and in New York; and their up-tempo, attacking style of play.

St. John’s has JaKarr Sampson, Chris Obekpa and Christian Jones in the frontcourt, while Orlando Sanchez is not expected to play this season after being ruled ineligible by the NCAA.

Whether or not one of those players leaves after this season, Lawrence could contribute in the paint, in transition and as a perimeter shooter.

On Thursday he was nominated for the McDonald’s All-American Game, but he has yet to play this season because of a hand injury and is not expected to play Monday night when Pope John XXIII plays in the Big Apple Invitational at Baruch College.

“It’s been hard,” Lawrence told SNY.tv Saturday.

“I’ve been sitting out since September. It’s been real nerve-racking not knowing what’s going to happen, but it’s been good to watch my team really compete against highly-rated teams.”

SJU79

« Reply #765 on: January 18, 2013, 09:59:18 AM »
Just confirmed by a REALLY strong connection what I wrote earlier....Done deal

kjd01067

« Reply #766 on: January 18, 2013, 10:00:46 AM »

Great news. As always thanks for the info '79

Moose

« Reply #767 on: January 18, 2013, 10:05:17 AM »

Nice!
And good to see you around '79

DFF6

« Reply #768 on: January 18, 2013, 10:11:00 AM »

Nice!
And good to see you around '79

Whoo hoo!! Thanks for that terrific news!!  I'll take a front line of Jakarr, Obekpa and Lawrence against any big team in the country. 

MCNPA

« Reply #769 on: January 18, 2013, 10:13:37 AM »
Great news...  ToP 25 kid and possibly Lavin's first McD's AA at SJU.  Would make a big splash. 

« Reply #770 on: January 18, 2013, 10:15:07 AM »
I trust SJU79!  Always brings great information to the table. 

Thanks for information!  I hope this visit is more a celebration of commiting more than anything.

boo3

« Reply #771 on: January 18, 2013, 10:18:28 AM »
 Huge news.

gman

« Reply #772 on: January 18, 2013, 10:30:41 AM »
Awesome. Hopefully he commits during his visit

Moose

« Reply #773 on: January 18, 2013, 10:32:37 AM »
I think he has a birthday early Feb...........

« Reply #774 on: January 18, 2013, 10:33:33 AM »
Evan Daniels says that he isn't visiting this weekend on Twitter.

ras

« Reply #775 on: January 18, 2013, 10:36:14 AM »
Great news, But like Moose says, when he signs his LOI, is cleared by the NCAA, and is injury free, Ill pop the champagn.

« Reply #776 on: January 18, 2013, 10:45:52 AM »
I think he has a birthday early Feb...........
Bingo!

« Reply #777 on: January 18, 2013, 11:06:16 AM »
Would be a FANTASTIC get!! I don't think he gets the McDonalds nod after sitting out almost the entire year, but we'll see.  Hopefully the kid returns strong and in good shape unlike the OTHER Lawrence that came to SJU a few years ago who suffered an injury in HS and was never the same (Omari).
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

paultzman

« Reply #778 on: January 18, 2013, 11:30:17 AM »
SJU 79, thanks a lot!

« Reply #779 on: January 18, 2013, 11:53:29 AM »
1) Lawrence will sign with St Johns
2) Some within the program are trying to convince Lavin to stop recruiting "athletes" and start recruiting basketball players will specific skill sets.
3) If Harrison , Sampson or Obekpa have their sights on the NBA next yr they need to have their head exaimaned.....

8)