Jermaine Lawrence - PF - Cincinnati Transfer - Bayside, NY

• 1791 replies

paultzman

Re: Jermaine Lawrence - PF - Cardozo HS - Bayside, NY
« Reply #780 on: January 18, 2013, 12:31:30 PM »
“@AdamZagoria: #stjbb still has inside track for @mainestory, sources tell @SNYtv. Queens native cd stay home for school if he chose them over Cincy & UNLV”

« Reply #781 on: January 18, 2013, 12:34:20 PM »
1) Lawrence will sign with St Johns
2) Some within the program are trying to convince Lavin to stop recruiting "athletes" and start recruiting basketball players will specific skill sets.
3) If Harrison , Sampson or Obekpa have their sights on the NBA next yr they need to have their head exaimaned.....

8)

So does the staff seem to think that all 3 of those guys will be back??
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

desco80

« Reply #782 on: January 18, 2013, 12:38:09 PM »
Bam!  Great freakin news.   

derk

« Reply #783 on: January 18, 2013, 01:03:17 PM »
I think he has a birthday early Feb...........

Yes. I believe Feb 3  ;)

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #784 on: January 18, 2013, 05:49:22 PM »
Wow if true this is really good news. I'm drooling over the prospect of an Obekpa-Lawerence- Sampson front court. So much athleticism. If he becomes an McDonald's all american that would be cool too. Who was our last all-american?

paultzman

« Reply #785 on: January 18, 2013, 05:55:09 PM »
Wow if true this is really good news. I'm drooling over the prospect of an Obekpa-Lawerence- Sampson front court. So much athleticism. If he becomes an McDonald's all american that would be cool too. Who was our last all-american?

http://www.rumbleinthegarden.com/2011/8/10/2355814/elijah-ingram-st-johns-a-reminder-of-darker-days-mcdonalds-all-american

jr49

« Reply #786 on: January 18, 2013, 06:18:52 PM »

http://www.rumbleinthegarden.com/2011/8/10/2355814/elijah-ingram-st-johns-a-reminder-of-darker-days-mcdonalds-all-american
Ingram making an all-American team hadda be a favor to coach Hurley. At no time did he look like a BE player. Another thing, a real AA woulda paid the hooker. That says a lot about the guy. Kieta was involved in the Pitt. thing. What a creep he was. Hard to believe he was getting paid. Monty escaped getting thrown out. He was not as involved as the others, and was not a bad kid. Was he our best big man since CO?

Poison

« Reply #787 on: January 18, 2013, 06:41:28 PM »

Ingram making an all-American team hadda be a favor to coach Hurley. At no time did he look like a BE player. Another thing, a real AA woulda paid the hooker. That says a lot about the guy. Kieta was involved in the Pitt. thing. What a creep he was. Hard to believe he was getting paid. Monty escaped getting thrown out. He was not as involved as the others, and was not a bad kid. Was he our best big man since CO?

You don't think Ingram was a BE player? What does that make Phil Greene?

MCNPA

« Reply #788 on: January 18, 2013, 06:58:17 PM »

http://www.rumbleinthegarden.com/2011/8/10/2355814/elijah-ingram-st-jhns-a-reminder-of-darker-days-mcdonalds-all-american

I like Phil Greene as a player a lot.  I like him better than Ingram.  I just think Phil is much better as a combo/SG.  He can score and does a lot of things well.  Solid player, especially for a soph. 

jr49

« Reply #789 on: January 18, 2013, 07:13:47 PM »

I think Phil brings more to the team then Ingram. IE did have one game where he brought us back from the dead at Georgetown. I would say had to be one of the hardest loses for them to take ever. We were down almost 20 in the last few minutes and Ingram kept  shot putting it up and in from the corner. You can differ then me on the ability of the players, but the idea of IE being an AA was way off. 

Happy

« Reply #790 on: January 18, 2013, 09:18:21 PM »
I honestly have no idea where Lawrence is going... And I know 79 has solid info all the time ... But gossip going around is that this is not a done deal and a certain website writer is getting some bad info .. What I'm hearing is that he is torn between Cincy and us and that's it.  Hope 79 is right and we shall know soon .

« Reply #791 on: January 19, 2013, 01:40:49 AM »
I honestly have no idea where Lawrence is going... And I know 79 has solid info all the time ... But gossip going around is that this is not a done deal and a certain website writer is getting some bad info .. What I'm hearing is that he is torn between Cincy and us and that's it.  Hope 79 is right and we shall know soon .

Isn't he visiting this weekend?  If we are at DePaul, when does the visit start?

MCNPA

« Reply #792 on: January 19, 2013, 06:19:46 AM »

I can't see why anybody would choose Cincy over SJU at this point, nonetheless a local star like Lawrence.  SJU's trajectory is a good one.  Cincy loses some key players including an important one in Cashmere Wright and will be playing schools like Tulane, UCD, USF, SMU all the time.    Lawrence could be a piece of something special here at home. Hope 79 is right,
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 06:20:23 AM by MCNPA »

Poison

« Reply #793 on: January 19, 2013, 08:51:37 AM »

I can't see why anybody would choose Cincy over SJU at this point, nonetheless a local star like Lawrence.  SJU's trajectory is a good one.  Cincy loses some key players including an important one in Cashmere Wright and will be playing schools like Tulane, UCD, USF, SMU all the time.    Lawrence could be a piece of something special here at home. Hope 79 is right,

Something is horribly wrong if a New Yorker is going to Cincinnati. Who would make that choice?

« Reply #794 on: January 19, 2013, 09:37:39 AM »
Great news, But like Moose says, when he signs his LOI, is cleared by the NCAA, and is injury free, Ill pop the champagn.

Do you have to wait until all of this is done before you put the e in champagne?  :laugh:

In 79 we trust.

We are going to be a joy to behold next year.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 10:06:21 AM by qcredman »

« Reply #795 on: January 19, 2013, 09:47:41 AM »
Fran's mini-me would crawl up the as$ of a rhino, and live there, if it meant signing JL.  I do believe Lav beats him(again) for an elite kid. 

We can get there, but it's Steve thats the draw, not staying home anymore.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 09:48:25 AM by MaineQB »

Moose

« Reply #796 on: January 19, 2013, 09:49:05 AM »
Fran's mini-me would crawl up the as$ of a rhino, and live there, if it meant signing JL.  I do believe Lav beats him(again) for an elite kid. 

We can get there, but it's Steve thats the draw, not staying home anymore.

Savino comment made me spit out my drink lol
Remember who broke the Slice news

sju89tr

« Reply #797 on: January 19, 2013, 09:49:47 AM »
Cincinnati is not the same program next year nor is the Cincinnati schedule within 2 years. Don't think Lawrence is a one and done so he would be playing in the new A10. I really don't think this is a battle between STJ and Cincinnati for JL.   

« Reply #798 on: January 20, 2013, 04:16:01 PM »
Zach Braziller ‏@NYPost_Brazille
Told Jermaine Lawrence was cleared by doctors for full contact no restrictions return to court soon He's down to St. John's, Cincy and UNLV.

desco80

« Reply #799 on: January 20, 2013, 07:09:57 PM »
Soo.. did he visit this weekend??