Jermaine Lawrence - PF - Cincinnati Transfer - Bayside, NY

• 1791 replies
Re: Jermaine Lawrence - PF - Cardozo HS - Bayside, NY
« Reply #940 on: January 25, 2013, 07:31:37 PM »
If Carrington I thought we are on him and in good shape?

« Reply #941 on: January 26, 2013, 10:23:46 AM »
Can anyone elaborate on why the Brewster coach is not a supporter of Lavin/SJU?  The prevailing theme from some of these posts is that we lost McCullough to Cuse, who was once a SJU-lock (and has a rel'ship with Hardy, etc), because Lavin & Co. was outrecruited by Cuse.  Part of the reason for our lack of visibility, at least some have implied, is because once McCullough went to Brewster we were effectively toast due to the fact that the coach dislikes us.  I know that we have gotten a few Brewster kids -- Sampson -- but from what I recall that recruitment went through Jakar's family and not the coach.

I can never fault a kid for picking Cuse -- tremendous program -- but I'm curious as to whether folks think that we lost CM because of Brewster, Cuse putting on the full court press, the reality that Cuse is a better program and that sometimes kids choose the best program, or some combination of the above.

sju89tr

« Reply #942 on: January 26, 2013, 10:44:15 AM »

We are in good shape, Ollie and UCONN are in better shape

sju89tr

« Reply #943 on: January 26, 2013, 10:46:11 AM »
Can anyone elaborate on why the Brewster coach is not a supporter of Lavin/SJU?  The prevailing theme from some of these posts is that we lost McCullough to Cuse, who was once a SJU-lock (and has a rel'ship with Hardy, etc), because Lavin & Co. was outrecruited by Cuse.  Part of the reason for our lack of visibility, at least some have implied, is because once McCullough went to Brewster we were effectively toast due to the fact that the coach dislikes us.  I know that we have gotten a few Brewster kids -- Sampson -- but from what I recall that recruitment went through Jakar's family and not the coach.

I can never fault a kid for picking Cuse -- tremendous program -- but I'm curious as to whether folks think that we lost CM because of Brewster, Cuse putting on the full court press, the reality that Cuse is a better program and that sometimes kids choose the best program, or some combination of the above.

I can't say that that Jason Smith dislikes St Johns but I think from his point of view is that programs like Kansas and Syracuse for his top talent looks a lot better than us.

Poison

« Reply #944 on: January 26, 2013, 10:49:47 AM »

You can always fault a kid for leaving NY. Especially to go to that cesspool.

sju89tr

« Reply #945 on: January 26, 2013, 10:51:50 AM »

You can always fault a kid for leaving NY. Especially to go to that cesspool.

Can't fault a kid for going to a Top 5 program. If your goal is the NBA, it's an honor to go to a prominent program. Hopefully one day we can offer that too.   

« Reply #946 on: January 26, 2013, 01:27:09 PM »

We are in good shape, Ollie and UCONN are in better shape
If another school is in better shape than we (or any other school) cannot be considered to be in "good" shape. Good shape connotates having a good chance to get someone and if he is more likely to go to another school...

« Reply #947 on: January 26, 2013, 01:34:17 PM »
Not sure if this was posted but according to cincy boards this writer wouldn't put this out there if he didn't "know something".

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20130125/SPT0101/301250204/Bearcats-among-finalists-star-forward

Maven also indicated on twitter that handler is pushing cincy.

« Reply #948 on: January 26, 2013, 01:39:20 PM »
Not sure if this was posted but according to cincy boards this writer wouldn't put this out there if he didn't "know something".

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20130125/SPT0101/301250204/Bearcats-among-finalists-star-forward

Telep says 3 year starter maybe more. As 21st rated recruit if he lives up to ranking doubt he will be around for 3-4 years. Is Telep trapped in a time warp? ::)

« Reply #949 on: January 26, 2013, 01:44:42 PM »

Telep says 3 year starter maybe more. As 21st rated recruit if he lives up to ranking doubt he will be around for 3-4 years. Is Telep trapped in a time warp? ::)

Telep projected Lawrence to stj a few weeks ago.

Anyone know if jermaine has an Adidas affiliation and if that might be the driving force to cincy ?

paultzman

« Reply #950 on: January 26, 2013, 01:46:37 PM »

Anyone know if jermaine has an Adidas affiliation and if that might be the driving force to cincy ?

Better stated, what is the handler's affiliation or preference?

« Reply #951 on: January 26, 2013, 01:49:37 PM »

Handler allegedly forced transfer to pope John hs in nj, an Adidas school. I'm worried

paultzman

« Reply #952 on: January 26, 2013, 01:52:25 PM »

Handler allegedly forced transfer to pope John hs in nj, an Adidas school. I'm worried

If handler trumps family, we lose IMO. We'll see.

LJSA

« Reply #953 on: January 26, 2013, 04:32:07 PM »
Why would any parent even remotely involved in his/her kid's life let a handler anywhere near him? Especially one who seems even remotely shady?

gman

« Reply #954 on: January 26, 2013, 04:49:58 PM »
Why would any parent even remotely involved in his/her kid's life let a handler anywhere near him? Especially one who seems even remotely shady?

What do the handlers get out of these relationships

Moose

« Reply #955 on: January 26, 2013, 04:50:17 PM »
The longer it goes the better. Last year things seemed sour with Karr all HS basketball season.  I and a few others said just wait until he doesnt need Jason Smith anymore.  Season ends and Karr recommitts.  I expect something similar.
Remember who broke the Slice news

MCNPA

« Reply #956 on: January 26, 2013, 04:58:42 PM »
The longer it goes the better. Last year things seemed sour with Karr all HS basketball season.  I and a few others said just wait until he doesnt need Jason Smith anymore.  Season ends and Karr recommitts.  I expect something similar.

Hope so.  Kid needs to wear SJU red.  Lawrence and Jakarr up front would be obscene, not to mention the rest of our cast. 
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 04:59:57 PM by MCNPA »

lihoop

« Reply #957 on: January 27, 2013, 02:56:01 PM »
Per Zags regarding today's game vs. Seton Hall:

Pope John coach Jason Hasson attended the game with sophomore forward Moustapha Diagne and freshman point guard Bryce Aiken. Senior forward Jermaine Lawrence, who is considering St. John’s, Cincinnati and UNLV, did not attend with them.

RedVet

« Reply #958 on: January 27, 2013, 03:28:38 PM »
Per Zags regarding today's game vs. Seton Hall:

Pope John coach Jason Hasson attended the game with sophomore forward Moustapha Diagne and freshman point guard Bryce Aiken. Senior forward Jermaine Lawrence, who is considering St. John’s, Cincinnati and UNLV, did not attend with them.

Not a good sign.

« Reply #959 on: January 27, 2013, 03:52:58 PM »
How so?  Do you have any direct knowledge?