Jermaine Lawrence - PF - Cincinnati Transfer - Bayside, NY

• 1791 replies

sju89tr

Re: Jermaine Lawrence - PF - Cardozo HS - Bayside, NY - CINCINNATI
« Reply #1380 on: February 21, 2013, 11:00:53 AM »
That's too bad. He can use some of that Bearcat cash to buy himself a present.

I am curious - why is it that a kid signs with another program and he is on the take..? I am not saying you are wrong here but are the fans of the other programs wrong when they say tyhe same exact thing about St. John's when they sign a player.

It's part of the recruiting game, you win some and lose some. Cincinnati was due after we landed Gift and Obekpa. We all know that Lawrence recruitment was strange, it is what it is. I personally am not throwing stones. 

Moose

« Reply #1381 on: February 21, 2013, 11:04:13 AM »

I am curious - why is it that a kid signs with another program and he is on the take..? I am not saying you are wrong here but are the fans of the other programs wrong when they say tyhe same exact thing about St. John's when they sign a player.

I could be wrong and apologies if I am but didn't you say similar things re: Kyle and UCLA?
Remember who broke the Slice news

MCNPA

« Reply #1382 on: February 21, 2013, 11:05:05 AM »

It's part of the recruiting game, you win some and lose some. Cincinnati was due after we landed Gift and Obekpa. We all know that Lawrence recruitment was strange, it is what it is. I personally am not throwing stones.

The recruitment that really bothered me was Gathers.  Then Wainright after that.  I don't trust Drew.  He's known to be the dirtiest recruiter in the game.  Jermaine's was strange as well.  His "handler" was apparentlynvy influential and not in a good way.  I can see how people don't trust his recruitment either, but I'm ok with it.

MCNPA

« Reply #1383 on: February 21, 2013, 11:06:24 AM »

I could be wrong and apologies if I am but didn't you say similar things re: Kyle and UCLA?

Stealing Kyle from SJU is one thing.  Stealing him from Seton Hall was just waaay too much for him to take... :2funny:

pmg911

« Reply #1384 on: February 21, 2013, 11:08:52 AM »

You are right and I did say it, I will still stick by it on that case because its true...

Two things, I was just asking a question...   and KA picked UCLA over SHU, not SJU.

sju89tr

« Reply #1385 on: February 21, 2013, 11:18:42 AM »

You are right and I did say it, I will still stick by it on that case because its true...

Two things, I was just asking a question...   and KA picked UCLA over SHU, not SJU.

Who really cares? Neither landed him. He gave props to his hometown team that he milked for free basketball games, just like Fisher did to us, and Jordan may do to Temple.

The only way it really matters is if Kyle transfers from UCLA and goes to Seton Hall, thus admitting he went to the wrong place.   

Poison

« Reply #1386 on: February 21, 2013, 11:22:47 AM »

A New Yorker goes to Cincinnati over staying home and being a star, something is up. What is in Cincinnati? If he picks Georgetown, I'm disappointed, but I get it. Duke, UCLA, NC etc, but Cimcinnati? Something smells.

sju89tr

« Reply #1387 on: February 21, 2013, 11:25:10 AM »

A New Yorker goes to Cincinnati over staying home and being a star, something is up. What is in Cincinnati? If he picks Georgetown, I'm disappointed, but I get it. Duke, UCLA, NC etc, but Cimcinnati? Something smells.

You feel the same about Lance Stevenson?

Poison

« Reply #1388 on: February 21, 2013, 11:37:59 AM »

UCLA is awesome. Awesome school. Awesome history and program and it's in a great location. Who wouldn't want to go there?

Poison

« Reply #1389 on: February 21, 2013, 11:40:07 AM »

Of course. It's a beautiful country. You have your pick a flyover state? Why? Because of Cronin's track record w getting guys to the league? Um, no. Then why?

sju89tr

« Reply #1390 on: February 21, 2013, 11:42:44 AM »

Of course. It's a beautiful country. You have your pick a flyover state? Why? Because of Cronin's track record w getting guys to the league? Um, no. Then why?

I agree with you but it's just how the recruiting game is played.

Does anyone really want to live 4 years in Syracuse? Or Kansas?

pmg911

« Reply #1391 on: February 21, 2013, 11:44:16 AM »

In the last 25 years, how many Top 50 kids from NYC have stayed home and been stars in college..? How many have gone away to school and accomplished great things.?

Ones I can think of off the top of my head that stayed home - Malik Sealy, Ron Artest, Eric Barkley, Felipe Lopez

« Reply #1392 on: February 21, 2013, 11:47:50 AM »

Maybe he likes the city of Cincinnati, maybe he felt more comfortable with the coaches/team, maybe he wanted to get out of NY, maybe he thought it was a better fit for him. It could be anything and its not absurd to think that another school can beat us for a player just by hard work. Bottom line, he is not coming and we will move on

redslope

« Reply #1393 on: February 21, 2013, 02:39:51 PM »
Maybe the choice came down to PT and starting.  Mick could have told him he was starting as there is no competition for him in their front line.  Lavin could not guarantee that for him; rather he would have to earn it.  Is JaKarr coming back; will Orlando be eleigible and what about Chris and GG.

Poison

« Reply #1394 on: February 21, 2013, 02:42:42 PM »

I agree with you but it's just how the recruiting game is played.

Does anyone really want to live 4 years in Syracuse? Or Kansas?

The coaches at SU and Kansas, whether we like it or not have a HOF pedigree. Cincinnati's does not.

Poison

« Reply #1395 on: February 21, 2013, 02:44:34 PM »

In the last 25 years, how many Top 50 kids from NYC have stayed home and been stars in college..? How many have gone away to school and accomplished great things.?

Ones I can think of off the top of my head that stayed home - Malik Sealy, Ron Artest, Eric Barkley, Felipe Lopez

Kids were running away as fast as they could from Jarvis and Roberts. It's not like we have always lost out on local talent.

Poison

« Reply #1396 on: February 21, 2013, 02:46:50 PM »

Maybe he likes the city of Cincinnati, maybe he felt more comfortable with the coaches/team, maybe he wanted to get out of NY, maybe he thought it was a better fit for him. It could be anything and its not absurd to think that another school can beat us for a player just by hard work. Bottom line, he is not coming and we will move on

Maybe he likes the city of Cincinnati? Come on now.

Moose

« Reply #1397 on: February 21, 2013, 02:50:32 PM »
What city outside of NYC do you like?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #1398 on: February 21, 2013, 03:17:59 PM »

Moscow in spring. 

Poison

« Reply #1399 on: February 21, 2013, 03:23:49 PM »

San Francisco, LA, Miami, Chicago, Washington. That's it. Rest is shit.