Chris McCullough - Forward - Salisbury School (CT)- New York, NY - SYRACUSE

• 694 replies
Re: Chris McCullough - Forward - Salisbury School (CT)- New York, NY
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2011, 10:27:02 PM »
Im on my mobile but I have video highlights from him at new York top 100 if someone wants to YouTube it. I have a ton of highlights from him this week
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

MCNPA

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2011, 10:44:49 PM »
Im on my mobile but I have video highlights from him at new York top 100 if someone wants to YouTube it. I have a ton of highlights from him this week

Looked for a while but can't find the McCollough stuff.  Found just about everything else except his highlights...

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2011, 11:40:25 PM »
Since the high school season ended, few players have seen their stock soar as much as rising sophomore Chris McCullough, a smooth and skilled 6-foot-9 wing from The Bronx who attends the Salisbury School (Conn.).

He was named the Five Star MVP at Fordham University, is playing well with Team Scan in several other events and shining so far in Hoop Group Elite Session 1. That's helped earn him scholarship offers from St. John’s and Syracuse while Pittsburgh, Arizona, West Virginia, Louisville and Virginia have expressed significant interest.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/high_school/basketball/school_group_elite_session_notebook_5jz9SrWI4Av9ysNbpRap3N#ixzz1RZluhFvA
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Marillac

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2011, 02:31:48 AM »
He was an absolute beast today. The highlights I caught on film are incredible. He might be the best big in 2014

Looks like this kid has legit wing skills as well.  That is such a rarity these days for all these 6'9 bigs that want to be SF's. 

gonzalo

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2011, 05:06:39 AM »
He is being recruited by Syracuse, Pittsburgh, West Virginia and Louisville. It would be fantastic to outrecruit these schools.

MCNPA

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2011, 07:08:56 AM »
He was an absolute beast today. The highlights I caught on film are incredible. He might be the best big in 2014

Looks like this kid has legit wing skills as well.  That is such a rarity these days for all these 6'9 bigs that want to be SF's.

I think the kid will wind up being a PF if he stays the same size, but with lots of wing skills.  He has amazingly long arms.  Reminds me of a young Bill Russell build-wise.  The kid will be able to dominate in a year.

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2011, 09:15:51 AM »
lets hope he grows a couple more inches and gets to 6'10+
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2011, 10:52:18 AM »
Kevin Durant type?  How sick would that be to see us have a guy like that...

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2011, 11:12:16 AM »
Per Rivals....  McCullough considered one of the "standouts" at the Hoop Group Elite.

Chris McCullough, PF/SF- Named the top prospect in camp, the NYC native certainly is an impressive looking young kid and a potential five-star talent in the class of 2014. A skilled combo forward who is approaching 6-fcot-9, McCullough is a fluid and effortless athlete who is prepping at the Salisbury (Conn.) School. Lean and long, he can handle the ball, has great hands and a good looking shot. He'll hit the road with Team Scan's 16 and under team for the rest of the summer and already claims offers from St. John's and Syracuse to go with early interest from Arizona, Rutgers, Providence, West Virginia, Virginia and UMass.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1238661

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2011, 11:41:41 AM »
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2011, 01:50:04 PM »
Kevin Durant type?  How sick would that be to see us have a guy like that...
Was going to say he reminds me of KD-love his quick release on his J.

Marillac

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2011, 10:19:25 PM »
I'd be shocked if a kid this talented stays at Salisbury all four years.  He's gotta have bigger NEPSAC schools in his ear already.

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2011, 11:33:17 AM »
Per The Recruit Scoop (Alex Kline)....  Primarily, some of the stuff we've already heard.

http://www.therecruitscoop.com/chris-mccullough-emerging-as-a-star

LJSA

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2011, 12:07:31 PM »
Any relation to Jerry McCullough?

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2011, 12:08:32 PM »
Any relation to Jerry McCullough?

I was thinking the same thing, LJ. 

« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2011, 08:22:21 AM »
Team SCAN had a balanced attack, but its focal point is no secret: rising sophomore superstar Chris McCullough (21 points in the final), who just added Rutgers, Hofstra and Temple to offers from St. John’s and Syracuse, according to Williams. The coach also expects UConn, Georgetown and Iowa State to offer the Bronx native soon.

“He should be a top 25 kid in the country in that class,” Williams said. “Somebody’s gotta adjust their ranking.”

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/high_school/basketball/mccullough_team_scan_win_hall_of_w5EWQz8vcBDJiPIYiT8oyK#ixzz1RzHQGjQZ
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

SJU79

« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2011, 10:06:04 AM »
Kid is stupid talented and hes not done growing. He will end up top 10 in his class

« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2011, 08:12:39 PM »
Per Rivals.... 

3. Chris McCullough is an intriguing player

We've already discussed one class of 2014 prospect that impressed, so we might as well go ahead and discuss another. A 6-foot-8 combo forward, Chris McCullough is a native of New York currently prepping at the Salisbury (Conn.) School and he made a gigantic splash at the Hoop Group Elite camp.

Although we were only able to attend the final day of camp, McCullough's blend of size, fluidity and skill immediately jumped out. After some digging, we found that he had taken the camp by storm and was voted as the best overall prospect in attendance.

He's maybe more of a skilled four-man than wing at this point, but it's not tough to project him as a big, long and athletic wing prospect when thinking long term. We'll be looking forward to seeing him again during the second half of summer and he seems to have all the markers of a potential five-star talent.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1239472

« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2011, 05:34:55 PM »
Per Dave Telep....

2014 Chris McCullough. Yikes. 6-9, athletic. Body is cross between Tristan Thompson and Garnett. He's bored in 15s. #HGJamFest

[tweet]http://twitter.com/#!/DaveTelep/status/91963385343774720[/tweet]