Chris McCullough - Forward - Salisbury School (CT)- New York, NY - SYRACUSE

• 694 replies

gonzalo

Re: Chris McCullough - Forward - Salisbury School (CT)- New York, NY
« Reply #80 on: July 24, 2011, 02:35:51 PM »
From Scout.com.  Looks like The Mayor and Matt A really making a big push on city kids:

Sorry, who is The Mayor?

Moose

« Reply #81 on: July 24, 2011, 02:38:00 PM »
From Scout.com.  Looks like The Mayor and Matt A really making a big push on city kids:

Sorry, who is The Mayor?

Iowa St HC Fred Hoiberg.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2011, 02:57:04 PM »
McCullough shows that he's legit

During the early part of the evaluation period, one of the guys who made a big splash was 2014 combo forward Chris McCullough. On Saturday, he proved that his run at Hoop Group Elite camp was no joke.

In an era where young players like McCullough already play in front of gigantic throngs of coaches, it was interesting to see the versatile, long and athletic 6-foot-8 forward put in serious work in front of a grand total of one college coach, an Iowa State assistant.

But, coaches do know about the Team Scan 15's star and have already been getting in regular contact. Among those already interested are Georgetown, Syracuse, St. John's, Florida, Iowa State, Providence, Villanova and Connecticut.

A native New Yorker who is prepping at the Salisbury (Conn.) School, McCullough showed against the Team Detroit 15's why he's next in a dazzling 20 point outing. His quickness was high level, he finished well above the rim and through defenders, he showed promise as a ball handler and shooter.

His class has yet to be ranked by Rivals.com, but McCullough is putting a legitimate claim to five-star status.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1243549

gman

« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2011, 02:59:33 PM »
No way we lose this kid to Iowa State.  Just don't see that happening.

« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2011, 03:30:09 PM »
I asked before if this kid would end up at bigger school than Salisbury.  Same goes for AAU.  How long before he goes to bigger program?
team scan is the top aau program in ny right now

naaa... You have to give that title to New Heights right now. Team Scan has some really good younger teams but you can't call them top program in nyc.

Gauchos are a shell of their former selves. Panthers are whack and if LI Lightning dropped some egos and combined their Blue and Yellow teams they'd be really damn good.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Moose

« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2011, 03:31:02 PM »
I asked before if this kid would end up at bigger school than Salisbury.  Same goes for AAU.  How long before he goes to bigger program?

naaa... You have to give that title to New Heights right now. Team Scan has some really good younger teams but you can't call them top program in nyc.

Gauchos are a shell of their former selves. Panthers are whack and if LI Lightning dropped some egos and combined their Blue and Yellow teams they'd be really damn good.

Why does Lightning have two teams?

« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2011, 03:32:13 PM »

Sorry, who is The Mayor?

Fred "The Mayor" Hoiberg

He's not going to Iowa St. but they will do anything possible to try. Iowa State looks like they could swoop in and get Brian Bernardi though.

« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2011, 03:32:50 PM »

Danny Dingle and Kerwin play on one....Kareem Canty and Melvin Johnson play on another. Everyone wants their shots.

Moose

« Reply #88 on: July 24, 2011, 03:34:51 PM »

Danny Dingle and Kerwin play on one....Kareem Canty and Melvin Johnson play on another. Everyone wants their shots.

Wasn't Melvin a Gaucho?

« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2011, 03:36:23 PM »

Wasn't Melvin a Gaucho?

He was

« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2011, 03:50:43 PM »

Wasn't Melvin a Gaucho?

He was

I was wondering why I saw LI Lightning playing in Vegas AND Orlando at the same time. 

« Reply #91 on: July 24, 2011, 08:34:09 PM »
Per Zagsblog....

McCullough, a New York native who attends the Salisbury (Conn.) School, holds offers from St. John’s, Syracuse, Temple, Iowa State and Providence, and has interest from Georgetown, Miami, West Virginia, Rutgers and Hofstra, Williams said.

“He’s going to visit Iowa State in September,” he said. “[And] he’ll definitely visit St. John’s.”

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/07/24/chris-mccullough-to-visit-st-johns-iowa-state/

« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 08:34:36 PM by mjdinkins »

Moose

« Reply #93 on: July 26, 2011, 01:02:55 PM »
http://stjohns.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=1171&script=content.asp&cid=1244098&fid=&tid=&mid=

Some highlights-

Truth be told, McCullough said that the Johnnies had seen his potential early on, saying he had already received interest as well as an offer from St. John's after their camp. "Coach [Steve] Lavin took me into his office and made the offer and told me about the team and how they like to play," he said.

McCullough says he is "wide open" in his recruiting process with offers from "Syracuse, Georgetown, Florida, St. John's, Providence and Rutgers," but spoke about what his goal would be if he were to become a Johnnie.

"I wanna help [St. John's] go to the Sweet 16," said McCullough who also added that he's a fan of the Big East. "I like the physical style of play and I like to attack the rim," he said.

McCullough said, he's not looking to make a decision about college until his junior or senior year.

gonzalo

« Reply #94 on: July 26, 2011, 01:04:33 PM »
Thanks, Moose.

« Reply #95 on: July 26, 2011, 11:06:33 PM »
Per Jeff Borzello (CBS Sports)....  There is also blurb in the "other notables" that mentions Jordan Bell blocked 17 shots in ONE game!  Yikes!  I know we were mentioned with him during the Peach Jam.

Chris McCullough, 2014, Team Scan 15s: Although many people got their first glimpse of McCullough this week, he is certainly a top-10 player in his class. He is long and athletic, and has a ceiling that is simply through the roof. Raw for now, but his name will be heard for a long time.

http://eye-on-college-basketball-recruiting.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/29884776/30877106

« Reply #96 on: July 28, 2011, 11:41:33 PM »
Per Alex Kline....

Vanderbilt, Nebraska, St. John's & Syracuse watched Chris McCullough, a 2014 forward from Team Scan (NY), play today.

http://twitter.com/#!/TheRecruitScoop/status/96759350386896897

Moose

« Reply #97 on: July 29, 2011, 07:32:54 AM »
Per Alex Kline....

Vanderbilt, Nebraska, St. John's & Syracuse watched Chris McCullough, a 2014 forward from Team Scan (NY), play today.

Interesting to see all the Big12 schools on him. Surprised that more ACC schools haven't been on him.

Marillac

« Reply #98 on: July 29, 2011, 08:52:35 AM »
Per Alex Kline....

Interesting to see all the Big12 schools on him. Surprised that more ACC schools haven't been on him.

Shaking my head that Nebraska is a Big 12 school now.  Gross.

« Reply #99 on: July 29, 2011, 09:00:50 AM »
Per Alex Kline....

Shaking my head that Nebraska is a Big 12 school now.  Gross.

I'm assuming you meant Big 10, Marillac.