Dakari Johnson - Center - St. Patrick's (NJ) - New York, NY - KENTUCKY

• 22 replies

Moose

Not sure if he's still going to St. Pat's as I heard rumblings but see tweet below from Zags.

http://bit.ly/nz7Vj5

St. John's coach Steve Lavin and assistant Tony Chiles watching 2014 St. Pat's big man Dakari Johnson here at the LeBron James Camp #stjbb
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 09:09:28 PM by Moose »
Remember who broke the Slice news

Re: Dakari Johnson - Center - St. Patrick's (NJ) - New York, NY
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 07:57:35 PM »
Still havent seen him in person but I have watched his games several times and love his game. Doesn't seem like a Lavin type guy but I really hope we recruit him hard. 2014 is a long time away but I would love to see him in Queens

SJUFAN

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 05:02:08 PM »
Not sure if he's still going to St. Pat's as I heard rumblings but see tweet below from Zags.

http://bit.ly/nz7Vj5

St. John's coach Steve Lavin and assistant Tony Chiles watching 2014 St. Pat's big man Dakari Johnson here at the LeBron James Camp #stjbb

I rarely hear of Coach's wereabouts. There should be a "Lavin Watch" thread, where we hear more about Coach Lavin appearences on the recruiting trail. I think it would give us a good indication on which recruits we are going after the hardest.   

gman

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 08:26:34 PM »
Headed to Monteverde.  Are we in the running for this kid? 

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/07/21/dakari-johnson-headed-to-loaded-montverde-team/

gman

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 08:30:50 PM »
Still havent seen him in person but I have watched his games several times and love his game. Doesn't seem like a Lavin type guy but I really hope we recruit him hard. 2014 is a long time away but I would love to see him in Queens

Lavin has coached plenty of "big" big men.  He had a mixture of long/athletic and big/solid big men at UCLA.  Paging CRGREEN. 

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 11:22:08 AM »
Love Dakari but it's been extremely disappointing seeing him be a no show to a number of tournaments this spring/summer. I don't know why he is "shutting it down" so often. He is a really bright kid and his mother is extremely nice. I know Dakari originally went to St. Pat's because of Kevin Boyle so everyone knew he was going to go to Monteverde.

PS St. Pat's basketball will be dead by next year.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 05:11:04 PM »
Love Dakari but it's been extremely disappointing seeing him be a no show to a number of tournaments this spring/summer. I don't know why he is "shutting it down" so often. He is a really bright kid and his mother is extremely nice. I know Dakari originally went to St. Pat's because of Kevin Boyle so everyone knew he was going to go to Monteverde.

Whats been the reasons for the no shows? Has he checked out of game, not been aggresive enough, dominated by other bigs?

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 05:55:39 PM »

Whats been the reasons for the no shows? Has he checked out of game, not been aggresive enough, dominated by other bigs?

No he literally hasn't been there. Physically he was not present.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 06:55:36 PM »

No he literally hasn't been there. Physically he was not present.

Oh gotcha

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 07:05:00 PM »
Heard he was a WWW kid and probably headed to UK/Calipari.

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2011, 02:38:03 PM »
Per ESPN Recruiting....

Dakari Johnson (New York/Montverde)
2014, C/PF, 6-10, 240
The big-bodied Johnson is becoming a dominant force. He already has good hands and feet and is now learning how to use them to score in the paint and garner rebounds on a consistent basis. Johnson has recently moved to Florida and will join new coach Kevin Boyle at Montverde Academy. Look for him to have an immediate and significant impact at Montverde.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/basketball/mens/story/_/id/6802722/u16-super-showcase-recap

paultzman

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2012, 05:56:57 PM »
“@DukeHoopBlog: Call him up! Lol RT @GTuckerF150 Montverde Academy (FL) big man Dakari Johnson has reclassified to 2013; UK, Florida, OSU & others involved”

paultzman

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2012, 06:40:39 PM »
Not sure how many ships Cuse has but,

“@BFlinnFuture150: Another interesting note: Cuse could target NY native and recently reclassified center Dakari Johnson”

paultzman

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2013, 11:09:50 AM »
“@DaveTelep: How's that for a Saturday morning surprise: Dakari Johnson will pick either Kentucky, Georgetown or Syracuse. Orange least likely IMO”

gman

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2013, 11:50:11 AM »

WWW was at his last game.  If UK lands him and Randle they will just be ridiculous.

paultzman

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2013, 11:57:37 AM »

WWW was at his last game.  If UK lands him and Randle they will just be ridiculous.

What was in that satchel WWW was carrying? Ha!

gman

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2013, 12:16:38 PM »

UKs next championship trophy

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2013, 01:26:38 PM »

UKs next championship trophy

Cal's checkbook