Kahari Beaufort - SG - Northwest Catholic, Harford, CT

• 7 replies

gonzalo

Kahari Beaufort - SG - Northwest Catholic, Harford, CT
« on: July 21, 2011, 02:19:45 AM »
http://blog.northstarbball.com/2011/07/20/updates-on-2014-stars-beaufort--okafor.aspx

Beaufort, a 6'3 shooting guard, listed offers from Florida, Missouri, Providence, St. John's, and Tulane to go along with interest from Syracuse. Since then, he has checked in and said he picked up an offer from Miami as well.

"I like Florida a lot and [if] Syracuse offered me I'm pretty sure I'd go to Syracyse because I like the coach and everything," Beaufort said, later adding that he "could commit on the spot" if SU offered.

Although he likes Florida and Syracuse, Beaufort (pictured on left) said it is another school he has grown up rooting for.

"I'm a big UConn fan," Beaufort said of the in-state school. "Jim Calhoun lives on [my high school's] campus."

Beaufort, who is from Harford, Conn., said that it would be a tough decision between Syracuse and UConn if both schools offered. In fact said that they are his "two dream schools."

UConn has one advantage working for it, as Beaufort said, "That's where my family wants me to go."

Re: Kahari Beaufort - SG - Northwest Catholic, Harford, CT
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 06:47:09 AM »
Can't fault the kid in any manner for wanting to play for the HOF Coach living next door. We will continue to grow in stature under Coach Lavin and staff in every recruits eye's.

Poison

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 08:14:55 AM »
Actually I respect a kid that comes right out says what he wants.
Not a lot like him

MCNPA

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 08:57:58 AM »
Actually I respect a kid that comes right out says what he wants.
Not a lot like him

It's good for him.  But my guess is that he won't be a heavy priority for Lavin.  The kid wants those 2 schools, so be it.  We can focus on our version of the same like Chris McCullough, who has SJU as his dream school.

crgreen

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 09:02:06 AM »
Can't fault the kid in any manner for wanting to play for the HOF Coach living next door. We will continue to grow in stature under Coach Lavin and staff in every recruits eye's.

Class of 2014 - he starts college with the 2015 season??? What are the odds there's still a HOF coach AT Uconn then???  Calhoun will be 73...

MCNPA

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 09:19:11 AM »

Class of 2014 - he starts college with the 2015 season??? What are the odds there's still a HOF coach AT Uconn then???  Calhoun will be 73...

And Boeheim 71!  The more I think about it, when those two retire which should be in the next few years, SJU will have a LOT more recruits to choose from.  I can't see calhoun coaching more than a year or two.  Lavin is just starting to hit his prime,years as a coach.  I think we have a lot to look forward to.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 09:20:33 AM by MCNPA »

paultzman

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 05:15:32 PM »
“@_chrisbradley: 2014 G Kahari Beaufort will be transferring from St. Raymond's (NY) to Genesis Academy (VA), he tells me.”

“@_chrisbradley: Coach Antigua's departure from St. Ray's and Genesis being near to Beaufort's close friend Kuran Iverson at Fishburne were both factors.”