Darrick Wood - SG - Palm Beach CC - Alexandria, VA - DEPAUL

• 915 replies

MCNPA

Re: Darrick Wood - SG - NIA Prep - Washington, DC - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #140 on: August 23, 2011, 10:16:31 AM »
lot of confusion about this kids height 6'3" to 6'5". Standing next to Anderson I would say 6'5" may be right

I thought Dave told me he was shorter than both of those numbers.  Dave?

He's at least 6'4". He's quite a few inches taller than Myles Davis, and definitely not shorter than 6'4" when lookingmat KA next to him.

« Reply #141 on: August 23, 2011, 11:33:57 AM »
His body type (lean and long) gives hope that he might grow another inch or two before college.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #142 on: August 23, 2011, 12:43:24 PM »
lot of confusion about this kids height 6'3" to 6'5". Standing next to Anderson I would say 6'5" may be right

Noooo. He's a lot shorter. He's 6'2
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #143 on: August 23, 2011, 12:51:20 PM »

He's at least 6'4". He's quite a few inches taller than Myles Davis, and definitely not shorter than 6'4" when lookingmat KA next to him.

Myles is 6'0

kob24

« Reply #144 on: August 23, 2011, 12:57:38 PM »
nycoffey i think he is #2

« Reply #145 on: August 23, 2011, 01:05:01 PM »
nycoffey i think he is #2

Thats correct. #15 is Myles, #1 Savon Goodman

NYCoffey

« Reply #146 on: August 23, 2011, 01:05:38 PM »
Thanks. MCNPA already let me know. I wasn't sure what he looked like so I was assuming it was 15 who I was told is Myles Mack.

« Reply #147 on: August 23, 2011, 01:11:43 PM »
Thanks. MCNPA already let me know. I wasn't sure what he looked like so I was assuming it was 15 who I was told is Myles Mack.

Myles Davis

Marillac

« Reply #149 on: August 25, 2011, 01:11:25 PM »
Not sure why people are saying he such a good ball-hadler! LOL  It looks like he has A LOT of work to do in that area, but I really like this commitment.  He's a shooter that we need, I love what he's saying about being part of the team and being part of something special, and he came aboard knowing that we have nine big-time recruits for 2011 and two top 30 recruits for 2012.  Sounds like a competitor. 

It looks like he's our only true shooting guard.  From everything I've heard and read about his attitude, I think he'll be a kid that accepts the defensive-stopper role to get his minutes.  The next Paris Horne?  I'd take that in a heart beat. 

crgreen

« Reply #150 on: August 25, 2011, 01:45:28 PM »
Not sure why people are saying he such a good ball-hadler! LOL  It looks like he has A LOT of work to do in that area, but I really like this commitment.  He's a shooter that we need, I love what he's saying about being part of the team and being part of something special, and he came aboard knowing that we have nine big-time recruits for 2011 and two top 30 recruits for 2012.  Sounds like a competitor. 

It looks like he's our only true shooting guard.  From everything I've heard and read about his attitude, I think he'll be a kid that accepts the defensive-stopper role to get his minutes.  The next Paris Horne?  I'd take that in a heart beat.

I dunno - in the few games I've seen him, D'Angelo looks to be about as "true" an SG as you're going to find...

Marillac

« Reply #151 on: August 25, 2011, 02:15:38 PM »

I dunno - in the few games I've seen him, D'Angelo looks to be about as "true" an SG as you're going to find...

Harrison describes himself as a point guard.  LOL so does Nuri.  So does Phil Greene. 
Harrison is a scorer that's for sure.  His height (6'2?) kind of takes him out that true PG mold of 6'4-6'7.  There is no question that Harrison can play either guard spot in my mind...I think we'll even see him play some three with him and Greene on the floor at the same time. 

crgreen

« Reply #152 on: August 25, 2011, 04:50:30 PM »

Harrison describes himself as a point guard.  LOL so does Nuri.  So does Phil Greene. 
Harrison is a scorer that's for sure.  His height (6'2?) kind of takes him out that true SG mold of 6'4-6'7.  There is no question that Harrison can play either guard spot in my mind...I think we'll even see him play some three with him and Greene on the floor at the same time.

Sorry - in my mind, I differentiate talking about a pro position (a 6'4-6'7 SG) and a College SG - where the best I've ever seen were in the 6'1-6'3 range....another Gail Goodrich or a Chris Jackson (Abdul-Rauf) would be just fine with me...or even a Dwight Hardy.  :)

Gumby

« Reply #153 on: August 25, 2011, 06:53:38 PM »

I think we are focusing on a PG in LA that is 5'7" for 2014.  How ironic if we go from a 6'8" PG to a 5'7" PG, and not lose a beat in a few years.  Skills, for the most part, speak louder than one's height.

Harrison is a scorer that's for sure.  His height (6'2?) kind of takes him out that true SG mold of 6'4-6'7.  There is no question that Harrison can play either guard spot in my mind...I think we'll even see him play some three with him and Greene on the floor at the same time.

Sorry - in my mind, I differentiate talking about a pro position (a 6'4-6'7 SG) and a College SG - where the best I've ever seen were in the 6'1-6'3 range....another Gail Goodrich or a Chris Jackson (Abdul-Rauf) would be just fine with me...or even a Dwight Hardy.  :)

I think we are focusing on a 5'7" PG for 2014.  How ironic would it be for us to go from a 6"8" PG to a 5'7" PG in a few years.

In my mind, a PG's skill is more important than his height.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 06:56:51 PM by Gumby »

Moose

« Reply #154 on: August 25, 2011, 07:30:42 PM »

I think we are focusing on a PG in LA that is 5'7" for 2014.  How ironic if we go from a 6'8" PG to a 5'7" PG, and not lose a beat in a few years.  Skills, for the most part, speak louder than one's height.

I think we are focusing on a 5'7" PG for 2014.  How ironic would it be for us to go from a 6"8" PG to a 5'7" PG in a few years.

In my mind, a PG's skill is more important than his height.

He's 5'7 now but plenty of time to grow and fill out.
Remember who broke the Slice news

munch

« Reply #155 on: August 26, 2011, 06:11:18 AM »
He is a legit 6'5, and still growing.........  His lenth seems to be one of his best attributes.

Marillac

« Reply #156 on: August 26, 2011, 08:26:49 AM »
He is a legit 6'5, and still growing.........  His lenth seems to be one of his best attributes.

Dave says 6'2 and has been around him a lot and is a out 6'2 himself. I tend to think that figure is more accurate.

« Reply #157 on: August 26, 2011, 09:53:26 AM »
@ Gumby we are also Lookin at 6'4 pt guard in '13. so we will go from 6'7 to 6'4 to 5'7 up what ever he ends up  :)

MCNPA

« Reply #158 on: August 26, 2011, 10:07:23 AM »

Dave says 6'2 and has been around him a lot and is a out 6'2 himself. I tend to think that figure is more accurate.

Don't see how that's possible.  He's an inch or two taller than Myles Davis who is listed at 6'3".  If that's the case, Myles must be 5'11" or 6'?  I doubt it.

« Reply #159 on: August 26, 2011, 10:13:48 AM »
This is my boss with Myles. My boss is 5'10.