Darrick Wood - SG - Palm Beach CC - Alexandria, VA - DEPAUL

• 915 replies

paultzman

Re: Darrick Wood - SG - Palm Beach CC - Alexandria, VA
« Reply #860 on: December 26, 2012, 04:19:28 PM »
“@ECoastBias: RT @rumbleSBN: Darrick Wood update: The uncertainties continue for former Storm commit. #stjbb http://t.co/qajvA0Gn

sju89tr

« Reply #861 on: December 26, 2012, 04:47:51 PM »
“@ECoastBias: RT @rumbleSBN: Darrick Wood update: The uncertainties continue for former Storm commit. #stjbb http://t.co/qajvA0Gn

Attended classes then left school. I would think that a school like Monroe that is guard oriented would be a suitable place for him but not pretty sure he doesn't have priorities straight. 

gman

« Reply #862 on: December 26, 2012, 05:32:45 PM »

Attended classes then left school. I would think that a school like Monroe that is guard oriented would be a suitable place for him but not pretty sure he doesn't have priorities straight.

Woods is a member of the Novelle Pelle education program

paultzman

« Reply #863 on: December 27, 2012, 07:58:10 AM »
Followup from Rumble In Garden article above; who knows!

Darrick tells us via Twitter that he’s moving on to Hutchinson Community College in Kansas (host of the NJCAA hoops tourney and very good program) and Wood chose to redshirt so he can leave JuCo as a sophomore, getting 3 yrs eligibility. And Palm Beach wanted him to pay his own way second semester, which is kin to telling s player the schools he should consider transferring to…

Foad

« Reply #864 on: December 27, 2012, 08:29:20 AM »
pretty sure he doesn't have priorities straight.

How many kids who don't have their priorities straight does that make that Lavin has recruited? I think we're up to about 10 or so now. Perhaps you'd be better off questioning the motives of the adult in the room instead of maligning the character of the children.

sju89tr

« Reply #865 on: December 27, 2012, 09:18:33 AM »

How many kids who don't have their priorities straight does that make that Lavin has recruited? I think we're up to about 10 or so now. Perhaps you'd be better off questioning the motives of the adult in the room instead of maligning the character of the children.

This had nothing to do with Lavin, it's on Wood. My comment had no reflection on St Johns hoops.

Let's not single out Lavin though, every school goes through this eligibility stuff. In my opinion only Pelle is a black eye against the staff. Sampson and Garrett eventually suited up. It seems like we walked away from Darrick. Orlando's issues do not appear to be academic related.   

« Reply #866 on: December 27, 2012, 10:17:12 AM »

This had nothing to do with Lavin, it's on Wood. My comment had no reflection on St Johns hoops.

Let's not single out Lavin though, every school goes through this eligibility stuff. In my opinion only Pelle is a black eye against the staff. Sampson and Garrett eventually suited up. It seems like we walked away from Darrick. Orlando's issues do not appear to be academic related.   

Not too many big time programs go through seasons with six players and no point guard.  Now we have one and things should turn around with newfound depth.  Right?

sju89tr

« Reply #867 on: December 27, 2012, 10:22:36 AM »

Not too many big time programs go through seasons with six players and no point guard.  Now we have one and things should turn around with newfound depth.  Right?

Not too many programs have 11 scholarships to give (12 if you count Polee transferring)

Foad

« Reply #868 on: December 27, 2012, 12:25:06 PM »

Good grief. In this thread you're talking shit about Wood, a former Lavin recruit. Also in this thread shit about Pelle, a former Lavin recruit. One thread over you're talking shit about Lindsey, another Lavin recruit. If you're not talking completely out your ass - that is, if you're not talking shit about Lavin's former recruits merely because they never suited up for SJ, because had they, you being the author of a well-known chat board post about how real "fans" should comport themselves you'd be all rah rah rooting for them - then these kids all have characters issues so apparent that even you know wbout them. The question that occurs to me then is why Lavin is recruiting kids with character issues and why you give him a pass for it. It has everything to do with Lavin and absolutely relects on SJU. Unless you're wrong, in which case you should apologize to Pelle, and Lindsey, and Wood and every other kid whose character you've impugned today.

« Reply #869 on: December 27, 2012, 01:48:56 PM »
Good grief. In this thread you're talking shit about Wood, a former Lavin recruit. Also in this thread shit about Pelle, a former Lavin recruit. One thread over you're talking shit about Lindsey, another Lavin recruit. If you're not talking completely out your ass - that is, if you're not talking shit about Lavin's former recruits merely because they never suited up for SJ, because had they, you being the author of a well-known chat board post about how real "fans" should comport themselves you'd be all rah rah rooting for them - then these kids all have characters issues so apparent that even you know wbout them. The question that occurs to me then is why Lavin is recruiting kids with character issues and why you give him a pass for it. It has everything to do with Lavin and absolutely relects on SJU. Unless you're wrong, in which case you should apologize to Pelle, and Lindsey, and Wood and every other kid whose character you've impugned today.

The same rules apply to any kid that leaves here. Lindsey was a pariah, Polee wouldn't get time if he stayed( I feel he would be better than Garrett and Pointer btw), even Harkless had to endure silly posts about how Sampson is better than him. People on these boards build these kids up, probably before they ever saw them play than kill them when they leave or in some cases never show up. Yet somehow Lavin always comes out smelling like a rose. Will be interesting when he does leave the amount of hostility that will be directed his way.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 01:49:54 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #870 on: December 29, 2012, 12:21:57 PM »
Such a sad story

I hope Wood gets it together and lands on his feet somewhere

« Reply #871 on: December 29, 2012, 03:01:41 PM »
Hutch is a dam good program.
And 3 year of d1 eligibility is like comin out wit the cake and eatin it too.
In other word if DW work he will be in good position. Operative word bein "if"
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

Moose

« Reply #872 on: December 29, 2012, 07:32:01 PM »
Hutch is a dam good program.
And 3 year of d1 eligibility is like comin out wit the cake and eatin it too.
In other word if DW work he will be in good position. Operative word bein "if"

He loved STJ like no other.  Wonder if he is backup plan to Jordan.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #873 on: February 26, 2013, 09:09:28 PM »
Bruce Weber having already landed ex-SJU recruit Jevon Thomas now looking at Darrick Wood:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DaveTelep/status/306485029859651584
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 09:13:58 PM by fordham96 »

LJSA

« Reply #874 on: February 26, 2013, 10:09:03 PM »
Wood was on campus recently.

mkras99

« Reply #875 on: February 26, 2013, 10:10:42 PM »
Whose campus?

LJSA

« Reply #876 on: February 26, 2013, 10:31:51 PM »
Sorry, K-State's campus.

Marillac

« Reply #877 on: February 27, 2013, 09:13:48 AM »
Followup from Rumble In Garden article above; who knows!

Darrick tells us via Twitter that he’s moving on to Hutchinson Community College in Kansas (host of the NJCAA hoops tourney and very good program) and Wood chose to redshirt so he can leave JuCo as a sophomore, getting 3 yrs eligibility. And Palm Beach wanted him to pay his own way second semester, which is kin to telling s player the schools he should consider transferring to…

Very good move for him. I hope it works out for him, because he has the talent.  JUCO is always such a toss up for kids...especially out of state.  He's a big talent. 

« Reply #878 on: March 14, 2013, 11:03:20 AM »
Pitt Rivals.com site caught up with him.  He is at Hutch, he is redshirting so assuming he can make it out after next year he will have 3 years of eligibility left:

"I redshirted this year and am just working on my game. There isn't much to do here but focus on getting better at basketball and as a person and a student. So the experience here has helped me a lot.

"Kansas State, Xavier, Pitt, and Arizona have been showing the most interest recently. Schools aren't allowed to offer me until after what is known as my sophomore year but those four are very interested, along with a few others."

http://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1482550

MCNPA

« Reply #879 on: March 14, 2013, 11:25:25 AM »
I like Darrick. Good wing scorer and shooter.  Wouldn't mind him making his way back here if we have room.