Parker Jackson-Cartwright - PG - Loyola - Los Angeles, CA - ARIZONA

• 47 replies
Per Josh Gershon....

Add St. John's and San Diego State to 2014 Los Angeles Loyola PG Parker Jackson-Cartwright's offer list

http://twitter.com/#!/JoshGershon/status/98120399178579968

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/112613/parker-jackson-cartwright
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 09:08:47 PM by Moose »

Gumby

Re: Parker Jackson-Cartwright - PG - Loyola - Los Angeles, CA
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 09:43:30 AM »
Wow, pretty long highlight video.  I went out for popcorn twice. 

I know such videos only show the good things a player brings to the game, but I was impressed with his speed and desire to go to the hoop whenever he can.

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 09:49:01 AM »
Wow, pretty long highlight video.  I went out for popcorn twice. 

I know such videos only show the good things a player brings to the game, but I was impressed with his speed and desire to go to the hoop whenever he can.

LOL  Yeah, it was pretty long.  I paused it like 3 or 4 times while working.  Nevertheless, it seems like he is one of the better up-and-coming players in the nation.  He also seems fairly, well-spoken for a youngster.

Jackson-Cartwright received a pretty good review, per ESPN Recruiting.  Seems like a kid we're gonna have to keep our eye on over the next year or two.   

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 12:26:16 PM »
Per ESPN Recruiting....  Jackson-Cartwright was considered one of the "standout players" at the Double Pump.

Parker Jackson-Cartwright (Los Angeles/Loyola)
2014, PG, 5-7, 140 pounds
Cartwright continues to demonstrate why he may be the best player in Southern California, regardless of class. His feel for the game is on another level as exhibited by his adept passing ability. In addition, at the defensive end he disrupted the opposing team's offense with his quick hands and savvy. What may be his most impressive asset his demeanor as he never appears to get rattled no matter the situation. If he continues to progress, he will be mentioned in the same breath as Jacque Vaughn, Baron Davis, and Brandon Jennings while they were in high school.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/basketball/mens/story/_/id/6823899/double-pump-best-summer-recap

Marillac

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 01:15:42 AM »
Too young.  I can't even take this highlight video seriously.

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 08:54:01 AM »

There is always a chance for a player to tap out, but so far; so good.  I won't diminish his highlights due to his age.  Did you diminished McCullough's efforts?

As, been stated....  If, he continues to progress he could be mentioned in the same breath as some heckuva PGs to come out of Cali in the last two decades.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 09:02:27 AM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 10:17:47 AM »

There is always a chance for a player to tap out, but so far; so good.  I won't diminish his highlights due to his age.  Did you diminished McCullough's efforts?

As, been stated....  If, he continues to progress he could be mentioned in the same breath as some heckuva PGs to come out of Cali in the last two decades.

its one thing for a recruit like jevon pinkston who was maxed out at this age, its a nother for a slender 5'8 point guard who most likely will only improve his body for the next five years and already has some serious tools. To me the kid looks like he will be a stud
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2011, 11:34:36 PM »
Per Scout..... 

Quick Take: What Jackson-Cartwright lacks in size he makes up for in passing, shooting and ball handling. The biggest question about Jackson-Cartwright is his height, but it hasn't stopped six schools from offering him already, even though he hasn't entered his sophomore year of high school, and it's easy to predict that several more offers are on the way. The way he makes his teammates better and goes up and down the court with the ball in his hands are terrific skills and Parker Jackson-Cartwright is a name fans will hear plenty about in the years to come.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1091736.html

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2011, 02:42:58 AM »
he is impressive overall well spoken and his game is mature for his age. He looks better than Whitehead
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

sju89tr

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011, 12:58:44 PM »
He told someone I know that we lead at this point FWIW, I know he is young but is already gaining a reputation here in Los Angeles

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2011, 02:10:11 PM »
He told someone I know that we lead at this point FWIW, I know he is young but is already gaining a reputation here in Los Angeles

Pretty interesting, if true.  It feels good to be a viable option for blue-chip players.  If, he keeps up the pace then he'll certainly be a top 25 player in the 2014 class. 
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 02:10:56 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2011, 02:28:18 PM »
just watched the video again. I'm convinced this kid will be an absolute stud
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2011, 02:47:47 PM »

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2011, 10:39:03 AM »
Via @TheRecruitScoop on twitter:

"2014 Loyola (CA) PG Parker Jackson-Cartwright lists offers from UCLA, St. John's, USC, Arizona St., UNLV, & Washington."

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2011, 10:12:16 PM »
Isn't someone who was connected to Lavin & rumored to join the staff this year his high school coach?

Moose

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2011, 10:18:24 PM »
Isn't someone who was connected to Lavin & rumored to join the staff this year his high school coach?

Former UCLA player Moose Bailey either is or was his coach.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2011, 10:19:38 PM »

Cant hurt our chances

sju89tr

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2011, 10:33:46 PM »

Cant hurt our chances

He was his coach, Moose Bailey moved to a different school as head coach