Jared Terrell - SG - New Hampton - Weymouth, MA

• 134 replies
Re: Jared Terrell - SG - New Hampton - Weymouth, MA
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2013, 10:28:58 PM »
Are we wasting our time with highest-level Brewster kids at this point ?  Coach clearly pushes Cuse and was allegedly lobbying for a vacant asst job at Kansas.
Ummm Jakarr and hooper
We got jakarr in spite of smith. He was pushing Kansas and PC the whole time Jakarr was there.

McCullough was steered to Cuse pretty quickly after enrolling.

« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2013, 10:32:27 PM »
From what others have said, we got Jakar because Lavin went through his mom and others above Smith.  And I'm guessing that Jakar's plans had an impact on Hooper, given how tight they are (plus he was at Harvard, as you pointed out).  I don't know what Smith's issue is, but perhaps his ultimate goal is to secure an asst job at a place like Kansas.  Moreover, hard to any coach for wanting to send their kids to play at places like Kansas or Cuse, who have great coaches and traditions.  Though a Kansas or Cuse is not always the best fit for a kid, as there are so many variables.

Robinson sat for several years behind the Morris twins, etc.  Didn't ultimately hurt him as he was a lottery pick, even though he may have played more minutes sooner at other programs.  Tharpe only really started playing minutes this year; wonder if he has a lock on the starting PG job next season, or if they have others coming in.

« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2013, 07:34:52 AM »
Tharpe is a idiot he rode pine 2 years
Would have started here ::)

paultzman

« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2013, 07:38:03 AM »
Tharpe played almost 20 minutes a game this year and will play more in coming season.

gman

« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2013, 08:27:58 AM »
Tharpe played almost 20 minutes a game this year and will play more in coming season.

And will play in his 4th NCAA tourny

Poison

« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2013, 08:31:43 AM »

All true, but even still, going to college in Kansas is nothing to be proud of. Much like going to Kansas is nothing to be proud of.

Pete88

« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2013, 09:30:13 AM »

All true, but even still, going to college in Kansas is nothing to be proud of. Much like going to Kansas is nothing to be proud of.
Being ignorant and stupid is nothing to be proud of either, but seems to suit some fine!!!!

Marillac

« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2013, 11:07:17 AM »
Are we wasting our time with highest-level Brewster kids at this point ?  Coach clearly pushes Cuse and was allegedly lobbying for a vacant asst job at Kansas.
Ummm Jakarr and hooper
We got jakarr in spite of smith. He was pushing Kansas and PC the whole time Jakarr was there.

McCullough was steered to Cuse pretty quickly after enrolling.

I'm not so sure this is the case.  I think this notion was created by our fans.  Smith did not have the influence to steer McCullough anywhere in such a short period of time.  Smith is much closer with Sampson and Hooper, and they are both here.  Smith still tweets about them and they both went back for the alumni game.

As for Tharpe, there is nothing wrong with getting the best for your kids.  He had all the confidence in the world in Tharpe and he knew the kid could hang in Lawrence.  He did just fine this year and now the starting backcourt is gone so there is not a lot stopping him from getting much more burn. 

« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2013, 12:12:32 PM »
Jason Smith didn't have anything to do with McCullough going to Cuse. Cuse had eveything to do with McCullough wanting to go to Cuse. It's hard to argue not going there for basketball.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2013, 12:14:20 PM »
Nuri was chosen over Tharpe. Thought he was more ready and helped with scholarship distribution. Tharpe could have been had by St. John's.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2013, 12:31:35 PM »
Nuri was chosen over Tharpe. Thought he was more ready and helped with scholarship distribution. Tharpe could have been had by St. John's.

This looks pretty stupid in retrospect. Hindsight is 20/20 I guess.

Poison

« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2013, 12:46:42 PM »

Being ignorant and stupid is nothing to be proud of either, but seems to suit some fine!!!!

That's not a sentence.

« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2013, 04:59:49 PM »

Ouch

gman

« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2013, 06:09:36 PM »

Curious if you were ever recruited as a college athlete

« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2013, 06:20:49 PM »
I read Kansas is bringing in a big time PG, so query what Tharpe's role is next year.  But he did play a lot more this season as the year went on and I don't think you can fault a kid for going to Kansas (a top 5 program IMO).  And I take note of what Dave said.

Ditto for Mcullough and Cuse.  Can't fault a kid for wanting to play hoops there.

Maybe I'm reading too much into the Smith thing.  I know KOB and others said he was pushing Kansas on Jakar.  Even if Smith isn't anti-St. John's, it seems that we aren't anywhere near a favorite of his, even with our new staff.

« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2013, 08:15:09 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkgjDQzPfMM

Kid needs to find the weight room ;)
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Moose

« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2013, 08:16:48 PM »
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2013, 10:14:21 PM »

I'm Curious if gman stands for girlyman
For the record my opinion is based on facts!
u just been Scalped!
:-*
Girlyman
Hey Girl
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 10:14:50 PM by illscalpya4000 »

« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2013, 11:05:35 PM »

I'm Curious if gman stands for girlyman
For the record my opinion is based on facts!
u just been Scalped!
:-*
Girlyman
Hey Girl

Conor, I'd take that as a no.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 11:06:16 PM by yankcranker »

LJSA

« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2013, 12:04:58 AM »

Having multiple screen names takes up way too much time. No time left to work on his game.