Carlos Morris - SG - Chipola CC - Jacksonville, FL - MINNESOTA

• 131 replies
Re: Carlos Morris - SG - Arlington Country Day - Jacksonville, FL
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2012, 02:43:05 PM »
Great, hopefully we can get South Carolina's scraps

After watching that film is that all you've got ?

Paris Horned looked like Jordan in his highlight reel.

I was half joking, but at this point, he's a must get.

I would be thrilled if he's as good as Paris Horne. You need players like Paris to win.

Absolutely agree. I've said this before, you don't need to hit a grandslam with every recruit.

MCNPA

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2012, 02:48:21 PM »
This kid is not south carolina's scraps.  Good rising player.  Fills our need for another shooter on the wing who also has athleticism to beat his man.  Seems a very good shooter with nice stroke.  Love to land him.  We still need bigs, but besides PG and bigs, we really need a shooting wing.

ris

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2012, 02:49:37 PM »
Pretty coincidental but Rivals had an article yesterday about top 10 movers in their top 150 for the Class of 2012 and have Morris at no. 7:

7. Carlos Morris
School: Jacksonville (Fla.) Arlington Country Day
The Buzz: One of the better unsigned wings in the country, Morris is a potentially explosive offensive player. He can shoot from deep, has strength to finish at the rim and has a short memory that allows him to keep shooting.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1336232

Two players from New York (No. 2 Melvin Johnson and No. 4 Daniel Dingle) are on the list, too.

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2012, 02:53:06 PM »
Pretty coincidental but Rivals had an article yesterday about top 10 movers in their top 150 for the Class of 2012 and have Morris at no. 7:

7. Carlos Morris
School: Jacksonville (Fla.) Arlington Country Day
The Buzz: One of the better unsigned wings in the country, Morris is a potentially explosive offensive player. He can shoot from deep, has strength to finish at the rim and has a short memory that allows him to keep shooting.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1336232

Two players from New York (No. 2 Melvin Johnson and No. 4 Daniel Dingle) are on the list, too.

Hmm go figure

paultzman

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2012, 03:38:27 PM »
Somebody remains quite confident.

“@STJCoachLavin: BIG momentum in qrecruiting. Positive Johnnies buzz is palpable. #STJbb, NYC, MSG, Big East Conf and entertainment center of world

“@STJCoachLavin: Johnnies 2011 NCAA appearance and this years Fresh 5 has created positive momentum for our current #STJbb recruiting efforts. Hammer to rock”

SJU79

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2012, 03:45:07 PM »
Never seen the kid but when I got word SJU was on him guy said kid is good, VERY under recuited and not some 10-12 min role player by his Jr year. Again coach is working on others.....

paultzman

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2012, 03:56:43 PM »
Never seen the kid but when I got word SJU was on him guy said kid is good, VERY under recuited and not some 10-12 min role player by his Jr year. Again coach is working on others.....

79, Thanks for info, allays a lot of anxiety!

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2012, 04:03:17 PM »
I like the looks of him. Hope we can get him
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2012, 04:04:53 PM »

SJU79 is your comment about us being out with Jackarr still valid?

SJU79

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2012, 04:05:53 PM »
LAst post for awhile, headed away but wanted to say this....Lav had to start from scratch and as such had to taker some reaches, some guys he know wouldnt qualify but did so to create buzz and publicity for a program that had been dead for a longtime....and it worked. But as such some fans got greedy, anxious and lost touch with reality. This year due to some unforeseen circumstances bigger than basketball their have been some setbacks. This is a losing team, with a head coach who isnt on the sidelines in a conference influx that often plays in front of half empty arenas. LAvin is out there, EVERY day, working his tail off to bring in talent to get this thing right and he will but give this man sometime, please.

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2012, 04:08:24 PM »
LAst post for awhile, headed away but wanted to say this....Lav had to start from scratch and as such had to taker some reaches, some guys he know wouldnt qualify but did so to create buzz and publicity for a program that had been dead for a longtime....and it worked. But as such some fans got greedy, anxious and lost touch with reality. This year due to some unforeseen circumstances bigger than basketball their have been some setbacks. This is a losing team, with a head coach who isnt on the sidelines in a conference influx that often plays in front of half empty arenas. LAvin is out there, EVERY day, working his tail off to bring in talent to get this thing right and he will but give this man sometime, please.

Im thinking that because you capitalized LA twice (LAst, LAvin) your giving us subliminal messages and our next recruit will be from LA :). Zena perhaps
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

SJU79

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2012, 04:08:46 PM »
In respect to Jakarr I havent heard anytihng but its a good sign he walked away unsigned at KU, my guy thought it was Prov or KU but with NO other knowleddge the longerr this goes the better chance SJU has.

paultzman

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2012, 04:15:47 PM »

Superb post man!

boo3

Re: Re: Carlos Morris - SG - Arlington Country Day - Jacksonville, FL
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2012, 06:54:28 PM »
 stop the silliness. Marco said he was 1/2 joking.

kjd01067

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2012, 06:54:53 PM »
Seriously guys? Enough with the back and forth, if you want to do that shit take it somewhere else. This thread is to talk about Carlos.

ras

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2012, 07:03:49 PM »

“@STJCoachLavin: BIG momentum in qrecruiting. Positive Johnnies buzz is palpable. #STJbb, NYC, MSG, Big East Conf and entertainment center of world

“@STJCoachLavin: Johnnies 2011 NCAA appearance and this years Fresh 5 has created positive momentum for our current #STJbb recruiting efforts. Hammer to rock”
Lavin must know something we dont. Because it looks like we have lost our recruiting momentum. That said , I believe he will get the job done. Coaches leave and get fired, you never know who can become available. I believe, like most others SJU is very attractive for a quality big. Plenty of PT and publicity.     RE   Baldi he is not a troll, just has an unusual sence of humor and likes to stir the pot.

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2012, 08:38:38 PM »
I'm just curious if ras finds it surprising that Laving knows something the rest of us don't.  That's his job.  Of course he knows something we don't.  Silly statement.  I'm sure Lavin is disappointed in not getting Ricardo or Sheppard but I'm also sure there are other prospects that he and the staff covet and will close the deal on.  They might not end up being top 50 guys like some of the guys that have been lost but I trust them to fill out the roster with a good mix of quality and depth and do all possible to address the most obvious and pressing need of post defense and rebounding.

ras

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2012, 10:00:21 PM »
I'm just curious if ras finds it surprising that Laving knows something the rest of us don't.  That's his job.  Of course he knows something we don't.  Silly statement.  I'm sure Lavin is disappointed in not getting Ricardo or Sheppard but I'm also sure there are other prospects that he and the staff covet and will close the deal on.  They might not end up being top 50 guys like some of the guys that have been lost but I trust them to fill out the roster with a good mix of quality and depth and do all possible to address the most obvious and pressing need of post defense and rebounding.
You can call it a silly statement. But Pelle,Sampson,Woods,Gathers, Jevon decommted { or didnt qualify }and Polee and Nuri transferred. and we have 0 recruits signed from 2012 class. That is not what I call momentum.

crgreen

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2012, 10:14:05 PM »

Lavin must know something we dont. Because it looks like we have lost our recruiting momentum. That said , I believe he will get the job done. Coaches leave and get fired, you never know who can become available. I believe, like most others SJU is very attractive for a quality big. Plenty of PT and publicity.     RE   Baldi he is not a troll, just has an unusual sence of humor and likes to stir the pot.

To quote "West Wing"- John Hoynes to Toby Ziegler:  "Toby, the sheer weight of what I know that you don't could drop an Ox in it's tracks..."

ras

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2012, 11:06:21 PM »
Actually I was beeing sarcastic w the Lavin must know something we dont, because publically the recruiting hasnt looked good.For all I know, Lavin could have silent  verbals from Obekpa and Sanchez, And CR get well and hope your UCLA team ends up OK after tomorows article.