Pascal Chuwku - C - Trinity Catholic - Stamford, CT - PROVIDENCE

• 92 replies

paultzman

Re: Pascal Chuwku - C - Trinity Catholic - Stamford, CT
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2013, 03:43:12 PM »
“@NYCHoops: Steve Lavin from #STJBB w/ Georgetown, seton Hall watching Paschal Chukwu play at BasketBull #summerchip. #CollegeHoops”

“@FinkelsteinNERR: Steve Lavin, Steve Donahue, Phil Martelli, Paul Hewitt & assistants from Georgetown & Seton Hall watching Paschal Chukwu #summerchips”
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 03:44:44 PM by paultzman »

paultzman

« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2013, 04:41:48 PM »
“@terrence_payne: 10 points for Paschal Chukwu in a win in front of Providence, Boston College, Seton Hall and St. John's #summerchips”

« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2013, 05:54:00 PM »
“@NYCHoops: Steve Lavin from #STJBB w/ Georgetown, seton Hall watching Paschal Chukwu play at BasketBull #summerchip. #CollegeHoops”

“@FinkelsteinNERR: Steve Lavin, Steve Donahue, Phil Martelli, Paul Hewitt & assistants from Georgetown & Seton Hall watching Paschal Chukwu #summerchips”

To my point I believe Lavin left the gym last night at PJ and began making his way back to NYC thus freeing up Martin to be the 3rd coach at a gym.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 06:00:39 PM by fordham96 »

paultzman

« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2013, 08:07:32 PM »
“@FinkelsteinNERR: Full Providence staff is front & center for Paschal Chukwu's last game. #SummerChips”

paultzman

« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2013, 08:45:45 PM »
“@FinkelsteinNERR: Paschal Chukwu made very significant strides in last couple months. Looks very good today. #summerchips”

paultzman

« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2013, 10:51:26 AM »

This AM.
“@Ctabb44: #Uconn, #Providence, #BostonCollege, #stjbb, #georgetown, and about 20 other D1s watching @CTBballClub and @RIHawks #summerchips”

“@BasketBullhoops: Steve Lavin's St. John's staff is out in force checking out CBC's seven footer Paschal Chukwu control the paint #SummerChips”
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 10:53:31 AM by paultzman »

« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2013, 12:34:44 PM »
SJU just offered and he said he definitely noticed Lavin and Martin in the gym.

http://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1524756#sthash.SvlAwQ2S.dpbs

paultzman

« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2013, 12:57:08 PM »
“@BasketBullhoops: Westchester Hawks vs CBC on court two. 7ft Paschal vs Samuel Dingba!! St. John's, Providence and Uconn are watching. #summerchips”

« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2013, 12:51:27 AM »
I'm not a Chuwku fan. Does a lot of nothing. Then again he is 7 feet tall.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

LJSA

« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2013, 04:13:55 AM »

Would you rather have De La Rosa?

paultzman

« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2013, 07:33:08 AM »
ARDSLEY, NY - Championship Sunday at the 17u Basketbull Summer Championships was full of drama with big names and big teams making it to the quarterfinals. College coaches were out in full force once again to catch the action, and see a surprise team bring home the trophy. - See more at: http://nychoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1524989#sthash.OSJ2cFOb.dpuf

"CBC opened the 2nd half on a 7-0 run to reopen the gap, but Westchester didn't falter. Dingba, who was saddled in foul trouble in the opening half, was much more assertive inter block and challenged Chukwu around the rim, and won most of the 1 on 1 matchups. As a matter of fact, it seemed like as the Hawks got more confident driving to the rim, the better they played. Westchester took their first easier the game with 6 minutes to go when Dewey hit a beautiful scoop driving in. They went up 55-50 with 2 minutes to go, but CBC fought back, Momah hit in a outback, and that was followed by a Gillespie jumper to bring it to 55-54. A bad turnover by Westchester gave CBC a shot in the closing seconds, but with just 5 fouls and 8 seconds left, the Hawks never allowed CBC a shot as the clock ran out before CBC could get off anything besides a long three at the buzzer, and Westchester made it 2 upsets in the semis grabbing the win.

Dingba didn't have a dunk, but he played a fantastic 2nd half, scoring 12 of his 14 in the 2nd. Mingo added 13 as well. Gillespie led CBC with 19, and Chukwu who had played so good for the most part this weekend struggled to finish with just 2 points."

« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 07:36:34 AM by paultzman »

Foad

« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2013, 08:00:08 AM »

I'd like to have both.

paultzman

« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2013, 09:48:40 AM »
"Paschal Chukwu (Connecticut Basketball Club): Chukwu was active on both ends of the floor for CBC. Defensively, it does not take long to notice why he was such an attraction for college coaches, as he is a difference maker blocking and altering shots. His getting in foul trouble was the difference in his teams semifinal loss against Westchester Hawks. He is, however, also a major factor on the offensive end. Chukwu is an underrated passer out of the post and his presence opens up the perimeter for CBC’s guards."

“@NERRHoops: USAD took the u17 title at the Basketball Summer Championships http://ow.ly/mXReZ

MCNPA

« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2013, 10:58:26 AM »
I'd love to have a true big or two on our team, even if it takes a little time to develop. 

« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2013, 11:42:44 AM »

I'm not sure I've ever seen him play. So I can not comment.

If I had to pick a "true" center. I'm taking Myles Turner, then Elbert Robinson, and my safety option would be Thomas Welsch.

Even though I consider Goodluck a center. I'd also target Abdul-Malik Abu, Ben Bentil, and I'd swoop in late on Brekkott Champman.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

paultzman

« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2013, 11:59:42 AM »

I'm not sure I've ever seen him play. So I can not comment.

If I had to pick a "true" center. I'm taking Myles Turner, then Elbert Robinson, and my safety option would be Thomas Welsch.

Even though I consider Goodluck a center. I'd also target Abdul-Malik Abu, Ben Bentil, and I'd swoop in late on Brekkott Champman.

Respect your suggestions. Net of Abu, Turner and Goodluck, do you know if staff has paid any attention to other folks noted. Thanks!

SJU79

« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2013, 12:13:29 PM »
Oddest recruiting season for SJU in awhile.

« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2013, 12:52:07 PM »

I'd like to have both.

Foad's wife stole his log in.  ;)

Foad

« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2013, 01:04:44 PM »

I'd like to have both.

Foad's wife stole his log in.  ;)

Are you saying my wife is a whore? That's not very nice. She's a graduate of the Academy of Holy Names, still looks good in her uniform, and doesn't do DP. The same cannot be said for many of my herd of ex girlfriends, all of them trollops, and you cannot slander them enough for my taste. In fact, there was this one time [redacted].

If you're talking about recruiting - and why would you be - I don't see what everyone doesn't see about what TGAPL and I do. Seven footers change the game in ways that 6'7" players not named Jerome Lane don't. I think Lavin is a dunce but I don't doubt the wisdom of the staff's long term vision or goals or their ability to turn lummoxes into basketball players.

« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2013, 03:03:11 PM »
I never said anything about money changing hands but given your endorsement it prolly was an ex-GF then. 

Re the serious part of your post.  I don't mind being on the lists or at least associated with as many bigs as possible.  Chukwu is ESPN's #5 C, Adonis #29 but at least he's mentioned.  Also have Goodluck on that list as well as Abu and Delgado at PF and I have no problem with keeping in touch with all of them and more until chips start falling so in that sense I agree with you.