Emmanuel Mudiay - PG - Dallas Prime Prep - Dallas, Texas - SMU

• 86 replies

sju89tr

Re: Emmanuel Mudiay - PG - Dallas Prime Prep - Dallas, Texas
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2013, 10:09:31 AM »
I don't expect us to get this kid... But people go see this kid play.  He would easily be the most talented kid we have had in awhile. Wow

You just never know though as we have a good friend on the team and he probably knows Dee too.

SJUFAN

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2013, 06:18:13 PM »
I don't expect us to get this kid... But people go see this kid play.  He would easily be the most talented kid we have had in awhile. Wow

You just never know though as we have a good friend on the team and he probably knows Dee too.

If anything, this is a reason coach Martin is here, to help land PG's. Playing 13 yrs in the league is a strong selling point.

gman

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2013, 10:46:20 PM »
Is this dieons school?

sju89tr

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2013, 09:53:12 AM »
Jamal Branch looked awesome in that video too

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2013, 12:32:11 PM »
Jamal Branch looked awesome in that video too

Jamal branch is good.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

desco80

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2013, 11:46:11 AM »
Here is my point I made in an earlier thread.  And to be fair I don't know what SJU's chances are with Mudiay per se.

But when posters begin questioning what our Plan B or Plan C's are because publically nothing seems to be mentioned or there is little news on the recruiting front, just remember who we are talking about?  Steve Lavin.

The guy has amazing connections across the country.  Just because Plan B and Plan C are not publically being discussed does not mean he is not on the ball or that SJU is "falling behind."

Fordham I don't want this to go past Mudiay but Lavin publicly said he was only recruiting 2 guys for '13.  So he made it clear there was only a Plan A.  Any talk or conjecture about Plan B is warranted if all of a sudden names are now all of a sudden being mentioned for '13.  Back to Mudiay now.

Also might want to note this News Flash - THINGS CHANGE.    What you plan when you've got a 6'9 Jr. JC player and a 6'8 frosh is different than when you have a 6'89 Jr. JC player not cleared by the NCAa and a 6'8 frosh who's been named Big East Rookie of the Week five times (and counting)...

I personally expect coach to jump feet first very soon into the Canadian Pipeline.   Just too much good talent coming out of the Great White West - some with Reps the size of OJ  Mayo, and some so far under the radar you say "who the heck is that"?    Gonzaga's top 10 with Canucks like center Kelly Olynyk (17 pts 7 rebs), and PG Kevin Pangos.   Olynyk replaced the just graduated canadian Robert Sacre - playing center for the Lakers.  UNLV has the top frosh int he country in Anthony Bennett.  Texas is waiting to get Myck Kabonbo back.   Tristan Thompson, Andrew Nicholson, Cory Joseph.   And of course, Andrew Wiggins is the #1 high schooler in the world.    But there are PLENTY of under the radar Canadian kids.   UCLA has offers out to 3 right now - PG Emanual Owootoah, C/PF Ray Kasonga, and PF Mikyle McIntosh. 

I know coach Lavin is already on Owootoah - and that doesn't conclict with his "only 2 in 2013" of Rysheed and Jermaine - Owootoah was a 2014 till two weeks ago when he reclassified.   But there are lots of talentd kids out there still...

By the  way - one good theory on why there is suddenly such a volume of Canadian talent - some are chalking it up to the maturing of the first real generation of Canadian Kids raised on Toronton Raptors and the old Vancouver Griz,  instead of JUST the Toronto Maple Leaves and the Vancouver Canucks.

Thanks for the newsflash.  I didnt know that things change....................

Also, coach made the comment about only 2 for '13 in mid January.   Nothing about Sanchez or Jakarr has changed since then.     It's not like he said that in October.   

But it's awesome we're being mentioned with this kid.   Unreal talent apparently.   I gotta think it would be a battle to convince him to come to Queens though.   But - hey, you never know.

mkras99

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2013, 03:08:10 PM »
For anyone with a subscription to 247sports.com, per Jerry Meyer (formerly of Rivals) three schools recruiting Mudiay the hardest (imagine Kentucky is on there and would be pleasantly surprised if we are)  - http://247sports.com/Article/Three-schools-pursuing-No-1-ranked-Emmanuel-Mudiay-the-hardest-115030

Moose

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2013, 03:14:35 PM »
For anyone with a subscription to 247sports.com, per Jerry Meyer (formerly of Rivals) three schools recruiting Mudiay the hardest (imagine Kentucky is on there and would be pleasantly surprised if we are)  - http://247sports.com/Article/Three-schools-pursuing-No-1-ranked-Emmanuel-Mudiay-the-hardest-115030

Another site behind a pay wall?
Yea sure............
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2013, 11:29:04 AM »
Latest article in scout.  Took recent trips to Arizona and Baylor.  Baylor has his old teammate Austin.

Disputes the idea that Kentukcy and Baylor lead:

The school of thought is that Baylor and Kentucky are the leaders for Baylor, but he disputed that.

“That’s what is crazy,” Mudiay said. “I’ve never particularly mentioned one of them. I’m open right now. It’s still early. It’s getting down to where I’ll have to make a decision soon, but I really don’t have a favorite right now.”

Mudiay doesn’t have a timetable on making his college choice.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1273474.html

Moose

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2013, 04:36:37 PM »
Latest article in scout.  Took recent trips to Arizona and Baylor.  Baylor has his old teammate Austin.

The school of thought is that Baylor and Kentucky are the leaders for Baylor, but he disputed that.

“That’s what is crazy,” Mudiay said. “I’ve never particularly mentioned one of them. I’m open right now. It’s still early. It’s getting down to where I’ll have to make a decision soon, but I really don’t have a favorite right now.”

So no more mention of us?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2013, 04:48:03 PM »

So no more mention of us?

No same 10 schools just people were speculating that 2 teams were actually ahead of the others.  Mudiay insists he has no leaders of the 10 on his list.

crgreen

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2013, 07:07:57 PM »

Funny about his comment on Arizona  and being there for an Az/UCLA game "it was fun - it was a whiteout" referring to shirts worn by the crowd.   Apparently didn't notice Arizona lost,  as they'd lose again to the Bruins twice.   And that for the 3rd year in a row, Sean Miller would be an absoulte FAILURE at developing a Pt Guard at Arizona (ran off Momo, Joshiah Turner was a total crash and burn, and now the Mark Lyons as PG fiasco).

Believe it or not, this is the 3rd year in  a row Arizona has ended the regular season with NO player over 99 assists.   The previous two years, they ended POSTSEASON (including their elite 8 year) with no one over 99.

In fact, in 4 years under Sean Miller at Arizona, the MOST assists totaled in a season by a Wildcat was in Sean's first year.   Holdover pg Nic Wise racked up.....103 assists.

I cannot for the LIFE of me figure out why a PG would want to play for him.  While their "PGU" moniker was always just a public relations piece of BS, Arizona is NOW the place "where point guards go to die". 
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 07:31:48 PM by crgreen »

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2013, 12:43:47 AM »
I remember this kid being quoted as saying "I just want to win a championsip that's my main goal". If it were 1985, I'd say we have a good shot of landing him since we were a national title contender. Now? If that's really his main priority SJ will be among the first eliminated from his list. We have potential to be very good but not national title worthy like a Duke/Kentucky/UNC/Indiana.

LJSA

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2013, 01:15:47 AM »
I remember this kid being quoted as saying "I just want to win a championsip that's my main goal". If it were 1985, I'd say we have a good shot of landing him since we were a national title contender. Now? If that's really his main priority SJ will be among the first eliminated from his list. We have potential to be very good but not national title worthy like a Duke/Kentucky/UNC/Indiana.

Maybe he has the balls to try to turn a team into a champion instead of joining a prefabricated one.

MCNPA

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2013, 01:25:21 AM »

Not sure why you say that?  Unc and uk barely even making the tourney this year.  I think we are developing that level of talent, even if we aren't there yet.  With a healthy Branch and IF D'Angelo buys in to what Lavin is trying to do, we certainly have that caliber of talent to make a run at it.  I wouldn't sell us short so soon. 

SJUFAN

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2013, 11:23:35 AM »

Not sure why you say that?  Unc and uk barely even making the tourney this year.  I think we are developing that level of talent, even if we aren't there yet.  With a healthy Branch and IF D'Angelo buys in to what Lavin is trying to do, we certainly have that caliber of talent to make a run at it.  I wouldn't sell us short so soon.

Is he projecting to be a one and done?

paultzman

« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2013, 04:01:35 PM »
Watched him today against huge Montverde team. Although just one game, he was out of control, forced it a lot and showed a need to improve outside shot. BTw, Dakari Johnson is really developing.