Eric Paschall - SF - Dobbs Ferry HS - Dobbs Ferry, N.Y.

• 74 replies
Eric Paschall - SF - Dobbs Ferry HS - Dobbs Ferry, N.Y.
« on: February 13, 2013, 12:38:00 PM »
Any reason there's no buzz on this guy?  Only fourth junior to be named Mr. Basketball in Westchester Division 1.  Others are Elton Brand, Ben Gordon and Jabarie Hinds.
6-6 swingman leads section in scoring at 25.3 points per game with eleven rebounds, two and a half assists and nearly two blocks per game.
I saw (on TV) Huggins at his game the other day.
How come he's interested and we're not?

« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 07:53:51 AM by kjd01067 »

Happy

Re: Eric Paschall-Dobbs Ferry HS
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 12:43:24 PM »
Any reason there's no buzz on this guy?  Only fourth junior to be named Mr. Basketball in Westchester Division 1.  Others are Elton Brand, Ben Gordon and Jabarie Hinds.
6-6 swingman leads section in scoring at 25.3 points per game with eleven rebounds, two and a half assists and nearly two blocks per game.

I saw him for the first time on TV last week.  Kid is a great athlete who dunks everything.  He might be very similar to what we have at the present though .

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 12:47:11 PM »
A friend of mine coaches his AAU team. Always speaks very highly of the kid.

Poison

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 12:47:39 PM »

Is there are competition for him? I saw him playing against Edgement on tv last week.

Moose

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 01:00:43 PM »
Because the competition in Westchester is horrible.  Do they play national schedule like Mt Vernon?  Two of the guys mentioned played for Mt Vernon with national schedule and Brand also I'm pretty sure did at Peekskill.  If not then he's not going to get the attention.  If anything it speaks volumes of the drop in talent in the NY area.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 01:10:05 PM »
Grasso on him

Moose

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 01:10:40 PM »

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 01:17:00 PM »

Moose

gman

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 03:04:47 PM »
Because the competition in Westchester is horrible.  Do they play national schedule like Mt Vernon?  Two of the guys mentioned played for Mt Vernon with national schedule and Brand also I'm pretty sure did at Peekskill.  If not then he's not going to get the attention.  If anything it speaks volumes of the drop in talent in the NY area.

Brand beat a very talented cold spring harbor team in the state semis. That helped their sos.

Moose

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 03:05:47 PM »

Brand beat a very talented cold spring harbor team in the state semis. That helped their sos.

Wally?

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 03:51:02 PM »
not that i've ever been accused of being a talent evaluator...but on t-v he looked really good.
at worst, he'd be here four years...something we could use!

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2013, 04:49:49 PM »
Brand was on that legendary AAU team with Metta Peace, AG, Barkley, Jessie, Lamar Odom, Etan Thomas from Cuse. I think they went like 100-1 one summer.

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2013, 05:05:08 PM »
Didn't Postell play with that group? I know he was from GA, but remember it being mentioned in that Duke game that went to OT

gman

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2013, 05:16:43 PM »

Wally?

Yup.  I was at the game.  Wally+4 kids who were afraid to shoot the ball.  I didn't know anything about recruiting back then or how good Brand was.

LJSA

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013, 07:15:23 PM »
If we whiff on major targets, I have no problem with a local guy. Put him behind Pointer, Amir to PF, make sure Harrison stays, and make everyone shoot 500 free throws and three pointers a day over the summer.

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2013, 12:39:06 PM »
Didn't Postell play with that group? I know he was from GA, but remember it being mentioned in that Duke game that went to OT

Believe he played wit LI Lightning a few years be4 artest-jessie-bark-brand riverside.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

LJSA

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2013, 08:07:02 PM »

Believe he played wit LI Lightning a few years be4 artest-jessie-bark-brand riverside.

I know he played with the Panthers for at least a little while.

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2013, 04:00:08 PM »
Fwiw, his pops posts on Iona board

Moose

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2013, 04:02:48 PM »
Fwiw, his pops posts on Iona board

Sean Evans' Mom > Paschall's Dad