Michael Williams - SG - Bishop Loughlin HS - RUTGERS

• 49 replies

Moose

Re: Michael Williams - SG - Bishop Loughlin HS
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2013, 03:15:54 PM »
Just puzzling to me because it seems we have been in such great shape with whitehead recently so why offer Williams? Especially since we had already offered khadeen? Khadeen has a really good bond with chiles due to his coach having a really good bond with him so I don't know how much we've really backed off him If any. And let's not forget about jarred Terrell. Really want whitehead don't really get the Williams offer unless two of the previous 3 the staff knows is unlikely.

Offers are kind of thrown around like candy.
Remember who broke the Slice news

gman

« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2013, 04:15:03 PM »
Just puzzling to me because it seems we have been in such great shape with whitehead recently so why offer Williams? Especially since we had already offered khadeen? Khadeen has a really good bond with chiles due to his coach having a really good bond with him so I don't know how much we've really backed off him If any. And let's not forget about jarred Terrell. Really want whitehead don't really get the Williams offer unless two of the previous 3 the staff knows is unlikely.

Why not offer a backup option? Whitehead also sounds like a one or two and done while this kid is a 4 year player. Could easily take both

« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2013, 08:39:43 PM »
When I saw this kid play in the city championship 2 things stood out:

1. Intensity

2. His 3 ball. Quick release and pure stroke

kob24

« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2013, 12:18:22 AM »
Whitehead isn't a one and done

Poison

« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2013, 08:08:02 AM »
Honestly poison I suck at that. He can run the point he can shoot the ball and he is athletic. But he looks chubby.

Hey, that's a lot. Thank you.

paultzman

« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2013, 02:01:10 PM »
“@AdamZagoria: 2014 Bishop Loughlin SG Mike Williams to Rutgers, sources tell @SNYtv”

« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2013, 02:08:09 PM »
They got a good one.

paultzman

« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2013, 02:14:23 PM »
Van Macon key;
"Mike Williams, one of the top shooters in the Class of 2014 out of Brooklyn Bishop Loughlin High School, has verbally pledged to Rutgers.

The 6-fo0t-3, 180-pound shooting guard also considered St. John’s and Creighton.

“We as a family came to the decision that he will be attending Rutgers next year,” Mike Williams Sr. told SNY.tv by phone.

“My family, my wife, his grandmother, all the relatives had a hand in the decision-making because getting away and being close to home, that’s what attracted him to Rutgers."

“[Assistant] Coach [Van] Macon has bene on his radar since the 10th grade so it was no-brainer for us.”

“@AdamZagoria: Mike Williams to Rutgers http://zagsblog.com/articles/mike-williams-to-rutgers/

« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2013, 02:20:10 PM »
Hard work pays off.

kob24

« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2013, 02:36:22 PM »
That's a steal. Lav actually liked him.